DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!! | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!!

You in this thread.
Post#1- Bridgewater is getting more reps with first team.
Called out by others.
Post#2- walked back post#1
Post#3- Tua struggling.

It is like you have an agenda. (Pretty much your whole posting history was just summed up in these 3 posts).

confused jeff bridges GIF
My agenda is I want the team to be good.

Thoughts on Waddle
"JW is faster than I thought. 4.3 guys don't run as fast on a football field, but JW actually runs a 4.3 on a football field."

Thoughts on JW saying he and Tyreek are like big bro-little bro.
"I feel the same way. I feel like I've been in the league for some time now. My time will end. I just want to see him continue to grow and learn as I did. I feel like when he came into the league he didn't really have that big bro, it was just him, and he still put up 1,000 yds. I'm going to do anything I can to help him move his game forward and succeed in this league."

Last edited:
We heard you had to talk the coaches into letting you get out there. Why did you want to?
I like playing football. Just trying to get out there and have fun.

Will you share your secrets and spin move with Jaelan Phillips?
Yeah of course. I'll share everything with Jaelan Phillips. I ain't holding no secrets. The better he is the better we are.

New Team. Do you feel like you've fit in with the Fins?
1,000%. I'm me. I'm gonna fit in anywhere. I'm a special person. I fit in no matter where I go. I'm gonna do whatever they ask me to do, whenever they ask me to do it."

You are okay with playing rotational role?
I'm going to cut you off. I'm still me.

Last edited:
What is something you are learning from Tyreek and Sanu?
Knowledge of the game. Mo has been here for like 2 days and he is telling me to run to the huddle or peep the safeties, etc. Reek and me is like Big bro-Little bro.

What part of this offense do you like most?
We got answers for everything. Everything a defense can do. A lot of options.

Why the tinted contacts?
Coach McDaniel suggested them to me. I kept getting red eyes out here. Not for style. They are prescription. It's like wearing sunglasses.

Last edited:
Are there any safeties around the league you watch?
Derwin, KB, Micah, Jordan, Buddah, Jesse, etc.

What difference will Melvin Ingram have on this defense?

Huge difference. He has been in the league for a helluva long time. He is a helluva player. I was excited when he got signed and even more so now that he is out here playing with us.

How is it having the entire defense back?
Feels good. Real smooth. Feels like a family. Everybody out there is motivating each other and practicing hard.

Last edited:
Coach McDaniel, is that vulnerability uncommon for Head Coaches?
Yeah it definitely is uncommon. But it takes an uncommon individual to do something like that.

When he does have to correct, how does he do it?
He tells you like it is. He is very truthful. He is an honest guy. Tells you what he thinks to get his point across. He has very different ways of doing it, and that is what I love about it. He can be a stern guy, funny guy, a sarcastic guy, but he is going to let you know how he feels and get his point across.

What are things his system and personality you relate to your teammates?
You will get the best out of him at all times. He is gonna put you in the best position to win. He is going to make sure all his players are informed at the highest level and that they are prepared and ready.

Last edited:
Have you played in wide zone before?
Nah. Today I had a run where it was for like 7 yds. It should have been for 20 yds. But I still gotta train my eyes because all college and Arizona it was predominant inside zone. And that is a little different block scheme where the blocks are more vertical. So I'm still learning to train my eyes to ride the wave and figure what cuts I'm going to be making at the 2nd level. But that is the beauty of practice. I'll get better tomorrow.

Inside, when I read my 2nd level block, I'm usually pressing and getting back under. For this one, I didn't even have to do that. If I could have just stayed on my 1st level block, second man was already up to the 2nd level, I could just give it a little shimmy and get it back outside. I've ran inside zone for the past 10 years and I consider myself an expert at that particular play.

Inside zone is kind of like cat and mouse with the LB. I really have to displace the LB with my track and path. With Outside zone, I'm really riding the wave. My front side blocker is really doing a good job of trying to climb to that 2nd level, so that when I do displace my cut, LBs are usually outside and running laterally. So their hips are to the sideline. So when I do get underneath, they can't get back to me. It's their hips, it's physics. So I'm learning my path, learn my track, read my blocks better, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom