DC Patrick Graham to the Giants, promote Josh Boyer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Patrick Graham to the Giants, promote Josh Boyer

What’s weird is that Graham left for a lateral move to work for another former Pats assistant. Did they pay him more? If not, what was it about this situation that made him feel the Giants job was more stable?

You would think he would have preferred to stay in a place he already settled into for 1 year rather than start over somewhere else if everything were equal.

What’s weird is that Graham left for a lateral move to work for another former Pats assistant. Did they pay him more? If not, what was it about this situation that made him feel the Giants job was more stable?

You would think he would have preferred to stay in a place he already settled into for 1 year rather than start over somewhere else if everything were equal.
It was already said in this thread it was to be closer to family.

Initially the coaching turnover was unsettling but as this plays out its obvious Flores is setting up what the Pats do by promoting from within. Considering the lack of talent Graham had to work with I thought the defense was much improved. But Boyer did a great job with the secondary so no issues with his promotion.

Initially the coaching turnover was unsettling but as this plays out its obvious Flores is setting up what the Pats do by promoting from within. Considering the lack of talent Graham had to work with I thought the defense was much improved. But Boyer did a great job with the secondary so no issues with his promotion.

Boyer is encouraging because his position group was strongest, but let’s not forget Matt Burke was also promoted from within.

If Schuplinski is such a "star in the making", why didn't he get promoted? As of now they hired a new QB coach and Schup is still the assistant QB coach.

I saw someone mention that he is getting promoted but that has not been announced. I sort of had an idea that Gailey might be coming in as a consultant to replace the position that was assigned to Caldwell. In that scenario, I could see a promotion for Schup. There has still been no official team announcement that Gailey is the new OC....only from the media two weeks ago.

I guess we will eventually find out.

If Schuplinski is such a "star in the making", why didn't he get promoted? As of now they hired a new QB coach and Schup is still the assistant QB coach.

I saw someone mention that he is getting promoted but that has not been announced. I sort of had an idea that Gailey might be coming in as a consultant to replace the position that was assigned to Caldwell. In that scenario, I could see a promotion for Schup. There has still been no official team announcement that Gailey is the new OC....only from the media two weeks ago.

I guess we will eventually find out.

I cannot agree with you more. This is confusing as hell, and it either speaks to Miami being loose lipped before contracts are signed... or media running with fake stories they hope disappear.

1. Where's Caldwell? Is he still coming?
2. Why is Gailey not signed yet? I know for a fact he hasn't signed a contract yet, but... why?

While this is a lateral move by title, I expect it is an increase with the scope of responsibilities. I am sure that Coach Flo provided a lot of guidance for the defense. Judge does not appear to have significant experience with the defensive side of the ball besides the college LB position coach at the beginning of his career. This position may have given Graham more freedom to define and run the defense.

Graham's move wasn't lateral according to CKParrot on the most recent 3YPC podcast. Graham will be DC, but also assistant HC, making it a promotion.

Graham's move wasn't lateral according to CKParrot on the most recent 3YPC podcast. Graham will be DC, but also assistant HC, making it a promotion.
That's the work around to the rule. I'm sure the NFL will put a stop to that soon, Seems like some teams have 2 or 3 assistant head coaches anymore.

So I should step away from the keyboard because I made a a disparaging remark about Flores? Sorry I don't need a breather I'm just fine, I'm not losing my breath or getting bent out of shape over how anyone feels about Flores or any other Dolphin. It's quite the opposite, I think the masses that are breathing heavy over my comment(s) are the ones that need a breather. lol, Get out of here with that crap. This is a message board not a Dolphins church.

So I should step away from the keyboard because I made a a disparaging remark about Flores? Sorry I don't need a breather I'm just fine, I'm not losing my breath or getting bent out of shape over how anyone feels about Flores or any other Dolphin. It's quite the opposite, I think the masses that are breathing heavy over my comment(s) are the ones that need a breather. lol, Get out of here with that crap. This is a message board not a Dolphins church.
Thats something someone who needed a breather would say

He also wanted to move for family reasons. Flores could have blocked it but didn't.

Back
Top Bottom