DCH HAS RESPONDED.....READ HERE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DCH HAS RESPONDED.....READ HERE

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
DCH has responded. Unfortunately, he was having trouble logging in. So he sent me his post and asked me to pass it on. Once we get it straightened out, he will further respond in this thread (so you know that I'm not lying :)). So without further ado.......

ANYWAY.....HERE IS THE DEAL. WAYNE WILL MEET WITH DAVE AT HIS OWN PRIVATE OFFICE IN DOWNTOWN FT. LAUDERDALE IN THE AFTERNOON TOMMORROW. JUST HE AND DAVE. I KNOW THAT WAYNE HAS ALREADY CONSULTED WITH DON SHULA ABOUT NOT ASKING HIM TO COME BACK TO COACH THE DOLPHINS RIGHT NOW....MORE SO ON HIS VIEWS ON THE DOLPHINS SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS. SHULA HAS ALL BUT BRIEFED HUIZENGA ON THE TECHNICAL ISSUES OF THE TEAM...THE OFFENSIVE LINE PROBLEMS....THE OFF-SEASON LACK OF ADDRESSING THE LINE....ETC....SO WAYNE WILL BE WELL ON HIS WAY TO ASKING AND GRILLING WANNY HIS 101 QUESTIONS ON WHY HIS TEAM IS SO UNDERACHIEVING.

I TALKED TO JIM MANDICH AT SHULA'S STEAK TWO YESTERDAY......AND HE TOLD ME THAT SHULA TOLD HIM THAT HE WOULD ADVISE WAYNE IF ASKED TO COACH AT MIDSEASON.....THAT HE WOULD RATHER NOT DO IT THAT WAY....AND WOULD TELL HUIZENGA THAT IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR WANNY AND THE STAFF TO REMAIN ON FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. THE REASONING IS THAT SHULA IS NOT COMFORTABLE WITHOUT HIS OWN CHOOSING OF COACHES....PARTICULARLY WITHOUT HIS SON...MIKE NOT THERE....HAD MIKE STILL BEEN THERE...HE MAY HAVE REALLY CONSIDERED IT....BUT SHULA HAS TO SURROUND HIMSELF WITH HIS OWN PHILOSOPHY....AND QUITE FRANKLY....HE PRIVATELY HAS QUESTIONED THE PLAYCALLING AND OVERALL SCHEMES OF NORVS OFFENSE. SO SHULA AND WAYNE,....WHO ARE UP IN THE SKYBOXES TOGETHER ANYWAY FOR EACH HOME GAME....HAVE HAD PLENTY OF CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THE TEAM....BUT EVEN BEFORE THIS GAME...THE LAST HOME GAME AGAINST THE COLTS....HUIZENGA WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THIS TEAMS PERFORMANCE.

BASICALLY....WAYNE WILL WANT TO HEAR WHAT WANNY HAS TO SAY ABOUT HOW HE WILL....HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT WANNYS GAME PLAN IS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. HE WILL TELL WANNY TOMMORROW THAT HE EXPECTS THIS TEAM TO REACH THE PLAYOFFS....AND WANTS TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS COACHING STAFF TO GET IT TO HAPPEN. THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT WANNY.....WILL GET THE MESSEGE TOMMORROW THAT THIS TEAMS PLAY IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED MUCH LONGER...

ANYTIME THAT WAYNE BRINGS IN ANY OF HIS COMPANY CEOS FOR PROBLEMS....IT GOES TO SHOW THAT IT IS HIS OR HER FAIR WARNING...I AM TOLD.....THAT IS THE WAY HE DOES HIS BUSINESS....HE CALLS THEM IN..AND GIVES THEM AN ULTIMATUM TO RIGHT THE SHIP. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY MORE PRIVATE MEETINGS TO SPEAK ABOUT WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE ON THIS FOOTBALL TEAM....THE NEXT TIME THAT WAYNE SUMMOMS IN WANNY....HE IS AS GOOD AS GONE.

I HAVE HEARD THAT RICK SPIELMANS JOB IS QUITE SAFER THAT WANNY'S....BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT WANNNY HAS THE FINAL SAY ON ALL PERSONNELL AND TEAM DECISIONS... AND ACCORDING TO WAYNE...THAT MEANS THAT HE NEEDS TO TALK TO ONLY 1 MAN.....HIS COACH,. AND THE FACT THAT BRYAN WEIDMYER AND SPIELMAN HAVE A VERY NICE RELATIONSHIP ALSO GOES ON HIS SIDE TO STAY IF AND WHEN WANNY IS CANNED, EVENTUALLY.

IN MY OPINION.,...LOOK FOR WANNY TO LAST THE SEASON...THE DOLPHINS WILL BE A VERY LONG SHOT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON...AND EVEN IF WE DID...WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH THIS OFFENSIVE LINE....AND I DO NOT CARE WHO THE QB IS. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM THAT CANNOT BE FIXED WITHIN THE PERSONNEL OF THIS TEAM. THERE IS A COMPLETE LACK OF TALENT ALONG THE OFFENSIVE LINE,,,AND AT WR...PARTICULARLY AT #2 WR. THIS TEAM CANNOT EXECUTE THE SIMPLIST OF PLAYS...AND THEREFORE I CANNOT BLAME NORVS CONSERVATIVE PLAYCALLING....BECAUSE ALL TEAMS HAVE BASIC PLAYS THAT THEY RUN ALL THE TIME....BUT THE PROBLEM HERE...IS THAT WE CANNOT EXECUTE WHERE OTHER TEAMS CAN. WE HAVE NO PUSH...WE CANT PASS BLOCK AND WE CANY RUSH BLOCK....AND IT SIMPLY CANNOT GET BETTER WITH THIS GROUP...THERE IS NOTHING SHULA OR JJ CAN DO IF THEY STEPPED IN WITH THIS OFFENSIVE LINE RIGHT NOT...AND THIS QB SITUATION. NOTHING. THE TEAM WOULD PROBABLY PLAY BETTER AND BE MORE DISCIPLINED....BUT IT WOULD BE LIMITED.

THEREFORE......LOOK FOR WANNY TO GET CANNED AFTER THE SEASON...ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE ON THE STAFF. HUIZENGA WILL CONSULT JJ AND SHULA AND OTHERS....AND CREATE A SHORT LIST OF COACHES. AND THIS TIME.....WAYNE WILL TAKE HIS TIME....AND INTERVIEW ALL CANDIDATES....THIS TIME ....NO HANDPICKING LIKE JJ DID. THE NAMES OF BOB STOOPS, JIM TRESSEL, SONNY LUBICK, AND OTHER COACHES WILL POP UP.....BUT WAYNE HAS BEEN A LITTLE STARTLED BY THE WAY THAT SPURRIER HAS MISERABLY FAILED AT THE PRO LEVEL...COMING FROM COLLEGE...AND MAY BE LEANING TO A COACH WITH NFL HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE..... EXPECT DENNIS GREEN TO BE ON THE SHORT LIST. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT JJ WILL EVER COACH AGAIN...AND I DO NOT SEE A DON SHULA RETURN....

IF WANNSTEDT IS CANNED.....WHICH I BELIEVE IS A GIVEN....YOU CAN EXPECT WANNY TO BE REUNITED WITH BUTCH DAVIS UP IN CLEVELAND....AND THATS IF HE IS STILL THERE....THEY ARE STILL GREAT FRIENDS....

ALSO....TODD WADE WILL NOT BE A DOLPHIN NEXT SEASON....THEY WILL NOT PAY HIS PRICE. THEY WANT TO RESIGN O-GUN. ARTURO FREEMAN WANTS OUT OF MIAMI....NEXT SEASON. THERE ARE LOTS OF DOLPHINS PRIVATELY GRUMBLING ABOUT THE COACHING STAFF...ANOTHER LOSS TO THE RAVENS....AND I FEEL THAT WANNY COULD LOSE THE LOCKER ROOM....THERE IS A LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN THE GAME PLANNING OF THE STAFF IN THAT LOCKER ROOM...MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THAT,.

BECAUSE OF THE INEPTNESS OF THE OFFENSIVE LINE....THE COACHES HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT JAY FIEDLER IS THE BETTER QB BECAUSE OF HIS MOBILITY AND THE WAY HE CAN GET OUT OF THE WAY AND HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL...WHEN HE IS SACKED...OR IN TROUBLE. HE WILL BE BACK IN THERE AS SOON AS HE IS READY....ITS NOT REALLY BRIANS FAULT....BUT HE DID NOTHING TO SEPERATE HIMSELF AS THE BONAFIED STARTER....HE CANT GET THIS TEAM INTO THE ENDZONE...JUST BECAUSE HE CAN THROW THE DEEP BALL BETTER THAN JAY....ITS JUST NOT ENOUGH...BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF TIME TO THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD....

DCH

Very nice. Who are some of those names mentioned as possible replacements? Can anyone inform me? I've never heard of Jim Tressel or Sonny Lubick......

Tressel coaches Ohio State. Lubick coaches Colorado State.

LMAO. :rofl: Thats right! It completely slipped my mind. I was thinking they were NFL assistants because DCH already stated that they prefered a coach with NFL experience......

Alright alright, im showing my rookie colors right now, and I've noticed by past posts that everyone(except a few) highly respect DCH's opinions, but ummm....who is he/she?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Todd Wade is gone..? Any news on how we will look to replace him.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
Alright alright, im showing my rookie colors right now, and I've noticed by past posts that everyone(except a few) highly respect DCH's opinions, but ummm....who is he/she?

DCH posts interesting news and tidbits about the Phins that you might not necessarily hear otherwise. :)

Originally posted by Muck

DCH posts interesting news and tidbits about the Phins that you might not necessarily hear otherwise. :)

sounds good to me! I just wish we could get some insight on the draft prospects too...i know its early but curiosity is killing me

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Tressell is a phenomenal coach, and I would KILL to have him in Miami, but as an Ohio State fan I wouldn't be upset if he stayed. :D

That said, I don't think Tressell has any intention of leaving OSU, he loves the school, he loves college football, and he just signed a long term extension.

I really like Nick Saban from LSU!

I think the more likely head coach will be Nick Saban. Huizenga is shrewd and has seen Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick win Superbowls and coach the heck out of teams. Saban is a Parcells graduate, a hardball player. Tressell won't get the job - he's too inexperienced and the Maurice Clarett situation hasn't exactly seen him in a good light. Look for Al Saunders, Lovie Smith, Kirk Ferentz, Randy Shannon (a former JJ coach), Jeff Tedford, Tommy Tuberville (a friend of Huizenga's and another ex JJ coach) to get long looks. Dennis Green IMO would be a hideous choice.

As for Dave having final say all personel decisions, that isn't right. Actually Spielman has the final say - see the Taylor Whitley trade as an example.

As for Todd Wade, it's no surprise that he's a goner. He wants cash and his play has been appalling. He has been the worst player on a bad OL. As for who replaces him, I could see Wade Smith moving to RT if we draft a T high or bring one in via free agency. That said, Smith has talent, he's just very, very raw.

As for the draft - you have any questions, you ask away. I'll tell you what you want to know.

I really wish Huizenga wouldn't consult with JJ on who the next HC should be, he'd probably suggest Norv or Pat Jones or another of his disciples. Dennis Green, ugh, I hope some other team hires him and takes him out of the running. It took him 6 seasons to win a playoff game with the Vikings even though they made the playoffs 5 out of 6 of those years. He lost control and respect of his team, it would be more of the same futility we've seen the past 4 years.If Schottenheimer gets the axe in San Diego, that's who Shula would probably recommend. Ugh again.

Dick Vermiel is in his last season with the Chiefs... I think they need to stay away from college coaches as well.

If Jim Fassell gets waxed, Denny Green would be a strong candidate there, but Denny loves warm weather and fishing and might be holding out for the Fins job if it were to come his way.

Denny Green is a great players coach but I think this team needs a coach that will put some fire under their hides, unlike Wanny.

Back
Top Bottom