DCH HAS RESPONDED.....READ HERE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DCH HAS RESPONDED.....READ HERE

I like the idea of Saban as well. He really has done a GREAT job with good (not great) talent at LSU... Plus he is a fireball of a coach!? No NFL experience makes me nervous, but I don't see any coaches I really like out there with NFL exp.

How depressing is it, that we are talking about next year when we are 5-4. with almost half the season left in this year.

It's like the off-season has already begun, making it three months longer.

Puke.

Thank goodness for DCH ... great stuff.

I would like to see Dennis Green given a chance. His problems in Minnesota can be traced to one person: Randy Moss. There aren't any Moss types on the Fin roster.

Stoops worries me. The last Sooner coach to make the jump to the pros won a Super Bowl pretty much by default his rookie year, then revealed his true coaching mettle in a downward spiral. No Switzer II, please.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
His problems in Minnesota can be traced to one person: Randy Moss. There aren't any Moss types on the Fin roster.

But the constant underachieving of this team has made the player "anxious". They have a great group of player but somehow can't manage to win crucial games.

A lot of players will start to consider going elsewhere. What has prevented this to happen right now is the constant "upgrading" of the staff.

We bring a lot of "missing pieces" each year, but since it's not working year after year...

Dennis Green's problems in Minnesota can be traced to his APPALLING drafting over 10 years and his inability to draft or sign anyone to play defense; Robert Harris (R2) John Gerak (R3), Qadry Ismail (R2), DeWayne Washington (R1), Derrick Alexander (R1), Duane Clemons (R1), James Manley (R2), Torrian Gray (R2), Stalin Colinet (R3), Antonio Banks (R4), Ramos McDonald (R3), Kenny Wright (R3), Antonio Wilson (R3), Willie Howard (R2), Eric Kelly (R3), Michael Boireau (R2), Demetrius Underwood (R1).

He was an AWFUL evaluator of talent. Now mixed with Rick Spielman, then maybe, but Denny likes to GM as well an there's no guarantee that if Dave goes, we keep Rick. After all, he's a hot commodity.

As for Stoops, this is a win, win situation. Guy can flat out coach. And as for college coaches, many of the head coaches in the league coached in college, so it's no big deal.

Originally posted by Boomer
but Denny likes to GM as well

He's been out of football for a couple of years so he would surely settle for only a head coaching job.

Bringing Vermeil would be great. It has been too long since we've seen a good offense.
:(

Forgive me, but I have no idea why some people will want to bring in ANY coach from the college level. Lets examine the last 3 and only 3 coaches in the NFL right now that are coming from the college level: Butch Davis, Dennis Erickson, and Steve Spurrier. >>> exactly.

At this day in age, its a trap if you go that route. The NFL has too many technicalities that the college level does not have. Most notably, millionaire salaries, and the decisions that a coach must make of them, who to keep, etc etc etc. College coaches are SO not ready for that.

I would love to have Cowher, Vermeil, Shanahan, Billick, or Gruden. Their tough leadership is king and very effective. But the chances of us getting one of these guys is very very slim. I see us getting Dennis Green who might bring something good to the table.

Nick Saban would be a great choice. I can't believe he's not on the "national radar" for anywhere besides NY and Chicago. Then again, there are no rumors about Miami. Only that our coach is in trouble.

Saban might not be able to win it all next year. But he's a great coach. I want no part of Dennis Green.

Ok Boomer. You're here so I'm going to bother you. :D

Tell us about LTs. I too think that Wade Smith could move to the right side. If we drafted a "ready" LT or signed a FA (who will surely be ready), I think Wade Smith could shore us up on the right side from a pass protection standpoint (assuming he gets stronger and better). We could go from terrible to wonderful in a matter of 10 months from an outside standpoint.

So what's out there as far as LT?? RTs?? What about guard?? I guess OL in general is what I'm talking about. ;)

And you mentioned Taylor Whitley. What do the Phins see in him long term?? I'm guessing there were little expectations this year for him??

As I always say when DCH posts:

Why should we belive any of this stuff? Who is this guy and why does he have access to this information, unless the H in his intials stands for Huizenga. Someone please give this guys some credibility or I am inclined to ignore it.

As far as the team goes, the inevitable Coaching change will, I believe bring an experienced NFL head coach. I can't feel the administration is willing to experiment on a colleg coach when they want to win now. In my opinion there are only two legitimate names out there:

Mike Ditka and Denny Green

Both are fired up kind of guys and Green particularly is an offensive minded coach.

As far as Saban goes, what the heck has LSU ever done? They can't win a championship at the college level much less the NFL. Heck they don't even win they SEC. That name doesn't warm me up at all.

If we decide to rebuild, Stoops would be a good option. He has done it every year at a high level and consistently. I would live with that gamble.

While MucK is at it Boomer

It's obvious that we will have to address the O-line, WR, and a future QB in the draft and possibly a safety. Just from your point of view, which direction would you go and why. I know it's early and a lot can change, but Hey you're the man with the wealth of draft knowledge.:D

I'd try and move up to get Eli Manning. There are very few teams who will draft a QB number one. Arizona may not with the way Blake has played and they McCown.

Green Bay probably won't take one first, maybe second.

Pittsburgh wants Henson.

Denver really likes Plummer.

I see a chance he slips to the teens.

I agree as usual with ya Muck. I'd HATE to have Denny Green.

02, to say that college coaches don't make NFL coaches, look at the best head men in the NFL;

Bill Parcells - Coached at Hastings (Neb.), Wichita State, Army, FSU, Vandy, Texas Tech and head coach at Air Force.

Steve Mariucci - Coached at Cal State-Fullerton, Louisville, USC, and long time Cal head coach.

Dick Vermeil - Long running college career, twice Div1 Head Coach of year, was UCLA head man.

Andy Reid - Coached at Brigham Young, San Francisco State, Northern Arizona, Texas-El Paso, and Missouri.

Tony Dungy - Coached at Minnesota U

Jon Gruden - Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Pacific, Southeast Missouri State.

Mike Shanahan - Coached at Oklahoma, Northern Arizona, Eastern Illinois, Minnesota and Florida.

Marvin Lewis - Long Beach State, New Mexico and Pittsburgh.

Brian Billick - Redlands, BYU, San Diego State, Utah State and Stanford.

Mike Sherman - Pittsburgh, Tulane, Holy Cross, Texas A&M, and UCLA.

John Fox - San Diego State, U.S. International, Boise State, Long Beach State, Utah, Kansas, Iowa State, and Pittsburgh.

About the only guy's worth their salt that haven't coached in College are Jeff Fisher and Bill Belichick. And whatever you might think about Barry Switzer, he still won a Superbowl.

Originally posted by Boomer
As for Dave having final say all personel decisions, that isn't right. Actually Spielman has the final say - see the Taylor Whitley trade as an example.

As I always understood it, Dave always had final say....but Speilman usually got his most of the time anyway because they pretty much saw eye to eye. Did something change??

Back
Top Bottom