DCH HAS RESPONDED.....READ HERE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DCH HAS RESPONDED.....READ HERE

Boomer: How many of the coaches on that long and impressive list went DIRECTLY to the pros from a head-coaching gig in college?

Boomer, I think what 02 is referring to is, coaches who jump from being a college coach straight to an NFL head coach. The guys you listed (I believe) were already in the NFL, or had NFL experience, when they got their HC gigs.

Still, Jimmy jumped pretty well to Dallas. Saban has NFL experience, coaching under Belichick and Jerry Glanville on some excellent defensive teams. Saban's Site

Originally posted by Muck
Boomer, I think what 02 is referring to is, coaches who jump from being a college coach straight to an NFL head coach. The guys you listed (I believe) were already in the NFL, or had NFL experience, when they got their HC gigs.

Still, Jimmy jumped pretty well to Dallas. Saban has NFL experience, coaching under Belichick and Jerry Glanville on some excellent defensive teams. Saban's Site

Jimmy jumped pretty well to dallas by practically turning them into a college team devoid of NFL superstar attitudes. He suffered through a 1-15 season so that he could make that team HIS. IMO, that is the main difference between his success there and his failure here.

If we were going the rebuilding route, I would love to give Stoops a shot but if we are going to keep plugging away with what we have, I don't think a college coach is going to hold enough sway over these veteran millionaire players. I could be wrong but, it looks like a huge risk to me.

Didn't Saban use to coach Mich State? He turned them around & then got the LSU job....and was flirting with Cleveland (pre Davis) and Tampa (pre Gruden)?

I heard he is HIGHLY respected and really wants to be an NFL coach. He has ties to the SEC and knows the talent there.

Probably my vote for coach. He's D oriented, though, I think. If I was Wayne I'd keep Norv (not his fault we can't block) and despite a bad stretch (" you can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit") he's still a top-notch OC - hire a new OL coach - new special teams - & grab a rah-rah motivational guy for HC. Avoid DGreen and anyone named Shula. This organization needs to break out of its rut and

To be honest, I don't think the season is lost. We'll go 4-3 or 3-4 the rest of the way. There are so many really mediocre teams in the AFC that we'll get the Wild Card either way & get blasted by the Titans, Jets, or (god forbid) Bengals when our weak OL is truly exposed to a national audience. But who knows, line play is a matter of perception and we might get on a little hot streak...

But it is time for some fresh air. I like Fiedler, I admit it. He's gritty guy that tries hard. Griese seems so nonchalant back there. But having some stud O linemen would make them both look good, so it doesn't really matter now.

Defenitely tougher for a college coach to do it the first year. Then again, how many Gruden's have their been in this league (going all the way in the first year)??

I guess all we really want is the team to play with fire and play tough.....like the Titans did Sunday. If they get beat, fine. You can't win them all. But at least go out there and battle your azz off. So if you lose, it's because you lost to a better team.....and not because you underachieved or weren't prepared. That I can live with.

Originally posted by Muck

I guess all we really want is the team to play with fire and play tough.....like the Titans did Sunday. If they get beat, fine. You can't win them all. But at least go out there and battle your azz off. So if you lose, it's because you lost to a better team.....and not because you underachieved or weren't prepared. That I can live with.

Amen to that!

If the Chiefs are STUPID enough to fire Dick Vermeil....

... pay the man any price. ANY price. A billion dollars? Give it to him.

Originally posted by MaxPower
There are so many really mediocre teams in the AFC that we'll get the Wild Card

You must be talking about the NFC because the reason that there are no dominating team in the AFC is that everyone is a contender and can win against any other team.

To be honest, I don't think the season is lost. We'll go 4-3 or 3-4 the rest of the way. There are so many really mediocre teams in the AFC that we'll get the Wild Card either way & get blasted by the Titans, Jets, or (god forbid) Bengals when our weak OL is truly exposed to a national audience. But who knows, line play is a matter of perception and we might get on a little hot streak...

Jets? You think the Jets are going to make the play-offs?

Didn't Saban use to coach Mich State? He turned them around & then got the LSU job....and was flirting with Cleveland (pre Davis) and Tampa (pre Gruden)?

I heard he is HIGHLY respected and really wants to be an NFL coach. He has ties to the SEC and knows the talent there.

Yes, that was him. He has been good everywhere he's gone and is well respected in the NFL. He is a defensive coach. But he surrounds himself with good coordinators I think. The LSU offense is always potent.

The Bears job is his if he wants it. The Giants will probably entertain him too. But how could he resist Miami?? :tongue:

Originally posted by Mr. Pink
If the Chiefs are STUPID enough to fire Dick Vermeil....

... pay the man any price. ANY price. A billion dollars? Give it to him.

IIRC, the "problem" in KC is between Carl Peterson and Dick Vermeil. Vermeil wants personel control again (like he had in St. Louis).

Heh Muck, I don't care what the problem is. I don't care if he even wants personnel control. The guy is one of the ELITE coaches in the history of the game. I think it would be criminally stupid not to give him what he wants and bring him in to clean house. Look at what he does with the teams he coaches.

He comes in, tells everybody what they're going to be doing, and then slowly weeds out all the "bad actors" who aren't really buying into his philosophy. One of the hallmarks of a Vermeil team is great camaraderie. That's why they all do so well. In an era of millionaire athletes who (in most cases) have more power on the team than their coaches, he's able to get guys to believe in him and put the team above themselves.

IMO, that's worth anything he wants in return.

BTW, Nick Saban is all but a lock to go to Chicago. He's already assembling his staff, or so I've heard.

Fair point Dr Z, but a lot of the college coaches that we are talking about, have NFL coaching experience anyway.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Jets? You think the Jets are going to make the play-offs?

I was just wallowing in the nightmare scenario:goof:

Originally posted by fin-atic
As I always say when DCH posts:

Why should we belive any of this stuff? Who is this guy and why does he have access to this information, unless the H in his intials stands for Huizenga. Someone please give this guys some credibility or I am inclined to ignore it.

As far as the team goes, the inevitable Coaching change will, I believe bring an experienced NFL head coach. I can't feel the administration is willing to experiment on a colleg coach when they want to win now. In my opinion there are only two legitimate names out there:

Mike Ditka and Denny Green

Both are fired up kind of guys and Green particularly is an offensive minded coach.

As far as Saban goes, what the heck has LSU ever done? They can't win a championship at the college level much less the NFL. Heck they don't even win they SEC. That name doesn't warm me up at all.

If we decide to rebuild, Stoops would be a good option. He has done it every year at a high level and consistently. I would live with that gamble.

Near as I can tell, (I don't know him) DCH is either an owner or former owner of a sports paraphenalia shop in Miami. In the past he has offerred prizes for contests ( I remember a Marino card once) He also seems to attend most practices, when they are open to the public. As a result, he knows players (and their agents) who he has brought in for signing shows. He also talks to reporters and Drew Rosenhous at the practices. This seems plausible to meb/c when I've attended practices, I spoken to Rosenous (when I've been in town) and he talks to everyone and gives out a lot of info similar to the kind of stuff DCH posts.

I find his posts reliable b/c most stuff comes true. Alot of his stuff comes out in the papers a day or so later. And he is not claiming exceptional football knowledge. All he posts are what people are saying. That's my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom