DE choice | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE choice

Probably none of them... and like I just said to you above. Fans will throw a tantrum if that happens.
I think a RB like Charbonnet, or someone who can complement Mostert/Wilson, might have a significant impact.

Mostert and Wilson have also had a history of injuries. So potentially a RB might contribute.

A TE might have a chance to contribute considering how weak Miami looks at the position.

I think a RB like Charbonnet, or someone who can complement Mostert/Wilson, might have a significant impact.

Mostert and Wilson have also had a history of injuries. So potentially a RB might contribute.

A TE might have a chance to contribute considering how weak Miami looks at the position.
100% agree... I think those might be the ONLY two positions that will play much.

They did. So, we need one. Should we get another mediocre one to double down? That's everyone after Washington on the TE list in this draft.
So you don't like the TE's after Kincaid, Washington and Mayer?

Miami is bringing in K. Brooks (first name escapes me - Karl?) in on a visit. He played DE, but he's 300+. Akiem Hicks was a DE with Fangio in Chicago.

I don't know that Miami will replace Ogbah. The preference seems to be for more of a 5-tech (290+) than the DE's in the 265-275 range. But, Fangio might decide he loves having a guy in that mold. Things change - just saying it might be early to prioritize Ogbah's replacement.

So you don't like the TE's after Kincaid, Washington and Mayer?
I'm sure they're wonderful after helping them along for a bit. If you want someone that is going to play this year and make a difference it's the three you named. Maybe Smythe is the starter this year and McD sees something he likes in him. But if we need a rookie TE to come in and kick butt, it's the three you listed.

Pops, Fever and Mach are both extremely logical and well versed in how a winning team is constructed and maintained. They don’t post just for the attention, they actually do the homework and have depth of opinion. They also understand the CAP.
What is just as impressive is that they admit mistakes and have humility. There are a core group of posters on Finheaven that I respect and learn from. If I was starting a team or company these guys would be key members of the executive team.
So unlike you? Got it 👍 😂

Though I really don't have a preference of top TEs, I must say, It would not be terrible if we ended up with Washington.

Though sorry Fin, I am not in favor of trading up...Take a chance with LV, cross fingers, and hope. He looks like a possible weapon at TE in the making, but so do a few others.

I'm sure they're wonderful after helping them along for a bit. If you want someone that is going to play this year and make a difference it's the three you named. Maybe Smythe is the starter this year and McD sees something he likes in him. But if we need a rookie TE to come in and kick butt, it's the three you listed.
I generally don't believe in making draft picks based on getting immediate help from them as rookies.There are certainly times where a rookie will play right away and contribute immediately, but early picks should be looked at for more than immediate impact.

I know I have been calling for the team to draft an OL who can plug in at LG(or RT)right away but i would not choose that player based on which OL looks ready to play right away, I would take the guy I thought was going to be the best long term.

As for TE, looking for a rookie to help right away is asking a lot. Not to many rookie TE's do that and Miami fans should understand that the TE Miami drafts is unlikely to start from day one and be a big contributor.

I am curious to see just how much the team desires a big time TE. We are hearing that Miami is looking at TE's in this class.

Been busy at the Ms. Grand pageant.View attachment 140184

Schoonmaker ran a 4.63 and came in at 6'.5", Musgrave 6'.6" and faster than either at 4.61. Washington's numbers aren't all that.

The downside with Washington is actually in the passing game where he received only 45 targets... in his career! Yes, he might become a good receiver... but he might not, and that's why I don't rate him as highly as some do.

Agree. Washington can be an excellent ET (Extra tackle) from the get go & yrs to come.

In the long run, he IMO doesn't seem fluid enough to be a Shanahan style TE.

I still like Payne Durham from Purdue should the phins pick a TE.

Miami is bringing in K. Brooks (first name escapes me - Karl?) in on a visit. He played DE, but he's 300+. Akiem Hicks was a DE with Fangio in Chicago.

I don't know that Miami will replace Ogbah. The preference seems to be for more of a 5-tech (290+) than the DE's in the 265-275 range. But, Fangio might decide he loves having a guy in that mold. Things change - just saying it might be early to prioritize Ogbah's replacement.

Should Miami draft a DE, what about Adetomiwa Adebawore from Northwestern.

They had a segment on him last night on Path to the draft (NFLN).

Agree. Washington can be an excellent ET (Extra tackle) from the get go & yrs to come.

In the long run, he IMO doesn't seem fluid enough to be a Shanahan style TE.

I still like Payne Durham from Purdue should the phins pick a TE.
What leads you to believe McD and Shanahan's philosophies on the matter coincide?

What leads you to believe McD and Shanahan's philosophies on the matter coincide?

I don't know how much correlation exists between KS & McD.

There are IMO similarities between what the Phins, Packers, rams, & niners do.

For all we know, McD may be more like McVay in terms of philosophy.

Should Miami draft a DE, what about Adetomiwa Adebawore from Northwestern.

They had a segment on him last night on Path to the draft (NFLN).
Probably won't make it to #51 but he is a very versatile DL who can play in any system. Had a great Combine and will likely go in the Top 40.

Back
Top Bottom