DE choice | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE choice

We settled for a TE in MG as opposed to moving up. The whole "there are other TEs" philosophy is flawed. Simply a human that plays the TE role in the same draft isn't the same as Washington. It's about building the best team. Not saving picks just because it makes you feel more comfortable. Screw the picks. If you can get Washington, it can change our offense. Go do what makes us the best team.
To be fair they did not "settle" for Gesicki, they stupidly passed on Goedert to take him instead.

Had they not let Adam Fricking Gase choose the TE Miami would not be looking for one now.

To be fair they did not "settle" for Gesicki, they stupidly passed on Goedert to take him instead.

Had they not let Adam Fricking Gase choose the TE Miami would not be looking for one now.
They did. So, we need one. Should we get another mediocre one to double down? That's everyone after Washington on the TE list in this draft.

The Bulldogs are not a Powerhouse for the position, so Washington is easily Georgiaā€™s most coveted TE ever going into the draft.

Nine (9) Georgia TEs have been drafted since 2000, with the highest (ā€˜21, McKitty, LAR) in the 3rd round. Ben Watson is arguably had the most success of this group.

Miami has a history of selecting Georgia TEs, but more towards middle rounds: Randy McMichael (ā€˜03, 4th), Arthur Lynch (ā€˜12, 5th).

It's a joke... Some of them like to pull my tail because I'm a know-it-all... Heh! The drunkest, know-it-all that you will ever encounter!
In reality, it's a compliment to your knowledge. But appreciate your sense of humor.

Don't let Fever sell himself short. He is one of, if not the, most knowledgeable posters here when it comes to the salary cap, contract structures, and the rules/details involved.

Top notch general NFL football knowledge, as well.
No doubt. Always love reading Feverdream's posts.

Ok draft gurus (Fever) if we had a choice of drafting DE Uzomah, Ojulari or Tuipulatu at 51, do you pull the trigger? And which one would you choose and why?
You can never have enough DEā€™s!

I guess I'm closer to the all offense draft philosophy for this year anyway.

Not many current holes on defense, while there remain questions at TE, offensive line and at least a better short-yardage back situation for the offensive. Maybe finding a long-term solution at RB.

Now, if Grier can get more picks that could open it up for a defensive player.

I guess I'm closer to the all offense draft philosophy for this year anyway.

Not many current holes on defense, while there remain questions at TE, offensive line and at least a better short-yardage back situation for the offensive. Maybe finding a long-term solution at RB.

Now, if Grier can get more picks that could open it up for a defensive player.
Unless one of our top-rated prospects slide down to us at 51#, I strongly suspect that Grier will listen to offers. That is not the spot to take a player that you only sorta like.

He's got the body that I'm envisioning in that spot, but I'd say that he's probably very green. He hasn't played a lot, and he actually started out at Tight End.
Late round stab maybe?
I've seen him mocked in that top 50 range. But, yeah if he's a developmental guy that seems early.

I still like your guy, Morris, despite a less than stellar combine. Maybe he makes to late 3rd?

Unless one of our top-rated prospects slide down to us at 51#, I strongly suspect that Grier will listen to offers. That is not the spot to take a player that you only sorta like.
My only concern at TE it that you probably aren't getting a lot year one. The fact that Miami is in a win now mode, makes me wonder what players can come in and have an instant impact.

That said, TE seems like the biggest need.

I've seen him mocked in that top 50 range. But, yeah if he's a developmental guy that seems early.

I still like your guy, Morris, despite a less than stellar combine. Maybe he makes to late 3rd?
I think they are in the same box really. Some people like them, others say 'no'.

With White, I see another guy with but one year of real production... and who some touts say has a limited set of moves. Generally I keep reading, 'could be really good with coaching'... and those guys scare the Hell out of me. They are saying, hasn't really been good yet, but has great traits...

and I know how it is here in the Miami fanbase, if guys are not good, and I mean RIGHT AWAY... our fanbase throws a tantrum, so I think I've become a bit risk-adverse to these guys.
Van Ness is another one... a LOT of traits, but not a lot of steady production... and people say he is a 1st rounder. BIG risk there.

My only concern at TE it that you probably aren't getting a lot year one. The fact that Miami is in a win now mode, makes me wonder what players can come in and have an instant impact.

That said, TE seems like the biggest need.
Probably none of them... and like I just said to you above. Fans will throw a tantrum if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom