De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami

You gotta ignore those kinda post. This is the same Fields that looks like Dog-cra$p when he played against a good defense in NW. I guarantee you that poster wasn’t making that comment the other week.

Since when does one performance against NW — a game where Ohio State was minus 22 players and several starters due to covid and hadn’t played but 2 games the previous 6 weeks — trump the entirety of the season Fields had in 2019?

He threw 41 TD’s and only 3 INT’s that season in a lot more games and also played reasonably well against Clemson in the semifinal.

Why isn’t “the same Fields” the guy that looked great all of 2019 and for the 1st three games of 2020 and now again in the biggest game they played this season?

Not only that, the NW team he was crap against all w/o Olave and other starters just took down the SEC West’s 3rd place team by 16 points in a game that wasn’t even that close. Even A&M didn’t beat Auburn as impressively, which is a team many people cried about not getting into the final 4. Auburn even held a Q4 lead in that game.

In short, perhaps NW is much better than being credited for and Fields performance in that game being overblown due to not playing consistently and also missing key players.

If Fields had a poor performance tonight, the naysayers would be circling around like vultures. But now that he had an exceptional performance it is somehow discounted. Doesn’t work in one direction only.

The above all said, I do not subscribe to the non-sensical talk and comparisons being made about Lawrence, Fields and Tua. There’s really no need to go there. Just more grasping at straws by those with agendas.

I am one who had knocked the Big 10 before the bowl games started. None of them have played many games and most of them have been riddled with covid all year long... (yes, I believe they shouldn't have played at all), but they've looked good in the post-season, and I'm more than ready to admit that I've underestimated them.

lol there’s no way you know that for sure. If he was throwing it away ok and if not that’s into triple coverage

As a Buckeyes fan, I was cursing him for that throw. Never should have been made. Gotta get points there. And he had 2 players open underneath. That’s where the ball should have gone. Not into triple coverage or thrown away.

He actually did at least twice tonight.

I like JF a lot. But he’s got to learn to take what’s given in certain situations. He actually does the opposite of what the naysayers are getting down on Tua about right now. He forces the ball down field too much and needs to learn better situational awareness.

If he figures it out, look out,

So this is Lawrence last game(supposedly), whose Dabo's next "Chosen one" in waiting?

Actually, they have another blue chip in waiting. DJ Uiagalelei. He’s 6-5 and 250. And is a dual threat. He played multiple games this season as a true freshman and looked great at times.

He’s another CA product I had the privilege of seeing develop at St. John Bosco HS.

Mac Jones and Justin Fields just played themselves into top 10-15 draft picks. Fields was already there, but Jones may well be a mid 1st rounder, if not higher. Someone will panic and trade up for him.

That said, I still think the Jets will take Sewell, Jags take Lawrence. If we are at 3, then let that phone ring and someone offer us a small fortune. Lions/Panthers/Broncos may all be very keen to trade up for Fields. We know how much Elway loves his QBs. Cinci may be in the pic too, trying to keep Burrows safe.

Now makes him favourite for the Heisman Trophy as the last 4 player of the year winners have and 17 of 22.
Even if he doesn't, I ask people with greater knowledge how will this affect his draft stock? Will he now go higher?
Many on there would love to draft him but is he worth a 3rd or 4th? Or will be still be there at our pick approx 20 give or take a few positions?
What sort of deals would you do to get him if you rate him?
He will not be available at anything close to 20. He will go top 10, most likely top 5.

Mac Jones and Justin Fields just played themselves into top 10-15 draft picks. Fields was already there, but Jones may well be a mid 1st rounder, if not higher. Someone will panic and trade up for him.

That said, I still think the Jets will take Sewell, Jags take Lawrence. If we are at 3, then let that phone ring and someone offer us a small fortune. Lions/Panthers/Broncos may all be very keen to trade up for Fields. We know how much Elway loves his QBs. Cinci may be in the pic too, trying to keep Burrows safe.
Mac Jones a top 10 pick is laughable. And I will literally laugh. Like I did when the Giants took Jones and the bears took the Turd.

Back
Top Bottom