De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami

Mac Jones a top 10 pick is laughable. And I will literally laugh. Like I did when the Giants took Jones and the bears took the Turd.

Why is it laughable? You did not laugh at Tua being #1 overall. Mac Jones is the same as Tua. I don't see a reason why anyone who had Tua as #1 overall or top 5 pick should not have Jones in same category.

Why is it laughable? You did not laugh at Tua being #1 overall. Mac Jones is the same as Tua. I don't see a reason why anyone who had Tua as #1 overall or top 5 pick should not have Jones in same category.
Because Tua was better than Mac Jones. Jones is really good, but there was a reason why games were over at halftime with Tua.

By every statistical measure, which by definition is objective.
No, that's your imagination. The differences do not move the needle!

TUA
9 games
Att: 252
Compl: 71.5%
TD: 33
INT: 3
SK: 10
Attempts per TD: 7.6
Attempts per INT: 84
Attempts per SK: 25.2
Attempts per game: 28

MAC
12 games
Att: 357
Compl: 77.0%
TD: 36
INT: 4
SK: 11
Attempts per TD: 9.9
Attempts per INT: 89
Attempts per SK: 32.5
Attempts per game: 29.8

That is facts!

Last edited:
No, that's you imagination. The differences do not move the needle!

TUA
9 games
Att: 252
Compl: 71.5%
TD: 33
INT: 3
SK: 10
Attempts per TD: 7.6
Attempts per INT: 84
Attempts per SK: 25.2
Attempts per game: 28

MAC
12 games
Att: 357
Compl: 77.0%
TD: 36
INT: 4
SK: 11
Attempts per TD: 9.9
Attempts per INT: 89
Attempts per SK: 32.5
Attempts per game: 29.8

That is facts!
Then I suppose he'll be the first QB taken by Jacksonville huh...

If you ranked Tua as top 5 prospect, or wherever you ranked Tua last year, that is where you should have Mac Jones as well. Objectively.
I mean, I don't and neither will anybody else but you. This should be a revelation to you, but you'll refuse to see it.

I mean, I don't and neither will anybody else but you. This should be a revelation to you, but you'll refuse to see it.

I know. I will have Mac Jones (unless something happens in last game) as undraftable, just like I had Tua last year. Not interested in undersized quarterbacks coming from wacky college production.
But for the rest of you who value that, I do not see a reason Mac Jones is not top 5 prospect.

I know. I will have Mac Jones (unless something happens in last game) as undraftable, just like I had Tua last year. Not interested in undersized quarterbacks coming from wacky college production.
But for the rest of you who value that, I do not see a reason Mac Jones is not top 5 prospect.
Don’t ever change

Smith is so scrawny looking, like Robby Anderson scrawny but I like his skill sets and run after the catch ability which is our biggest need on offense.

Given the strengths and weakness on the unit side of this team. I can absolutely understand taking Sewell #3 or trade down and taking Smith/Chase. I cannot understand Parsons.

Another way of viewing Parsons, IMO, is to ask if he were already on this unit which of the following losses would he have helped us win?

1) Bills
2) Patriots
3) Seattle
4) Denver
5) KC

Now ask yourself the same question for say Sewell and especiall Smith/Chase?
Where would 1-2 extra wins have us now?
I like the way you party...

Back
Top Bottom