De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami

I dont think Ruggs is a good comparison. Hes fast and small, but has yet to prove himself as an alpha.

If Smith puts on a few pounds, he would be built similar to Diggs. I dont care how big they are, I want someone who get open quickly. Jarvis Landry is pretty slow in a straight line, but the man can get open. If you watch Smith, youll notice how fast he can get open. Cole Beasley is another small guy who can get open, hes always the one who seems to torch us on 3rd and long situations, knows how to find space.

I mean you kinda just made my point. Out of the hundreds of great receivers, you named a couple of prominent smaller guys. We better not be looking to draft a ted ginn. Brown is stockier. He's shorter and heavier.

I think you're missing the one key thing with these all smaller receivers. They were all blazing fast. 4.40 and below.

Smith runs about a 4.5 so he's fast but not elite. A guy his size better get separation

Ginn ran a 4.28
Hilton ran a 4.34
Jackson ran a 4.35
Harrison ran a 4.38
Just curious as to how you know, how fast he runs?

dont. forget how fast Tyreek Hill is and he is small and right now best WR in the NFL. Waddle is more like Hill.

But because he's built like a RB, somehow the naysayers say it doesn't count. Even though 185 pounds is still 185 pounds.

Go figure.

I mean you kinda just made my point. Out of the hundreds of great receivers, you named a couple of prominent smaller guys. We better not be looking to draft a ted ginn. Brown is stockier. He's shorter and heavier.

I think you're missing the one key thing with these all smaller receivers. They were all blazing fast. 4.40 and below.

Smith runs about a 4.5 so he's fast but not elite. A guy his size better get separation

Ginn ran a 4.28
Hilton ran a 4.34
Jackson ran a 4.35
Harrison ran a 4.38
Hes very good at getting separation. Its something hes consistently done over the years at Alabama. As shown in the other thread, hes consistently outplayed some of the best DB's in the SEC.

I’m good with taking Smith at 1a, whatever that pick ends up being. I have Smith over Chase as the best WR in the draft at this point. If we end up drafting at No 3 overall, it’s going to be a very tough decision though.

I think Smith makes a fine fine fine 1B receiver. I think you'd be damn lucky to get him! He's plug and play, and you pair him with Parker for a studly combo for years. I think you see Preston get a fire underneath him as a result, just in time to force a decision on Parker's $$/Health.

I also think that we need of figure out what type of receiver we want out of this draft. If we need a complimentary piece, we are pretty good with a Rondale Moore in the bottom of the 1st. But if we need a true #1, spend the value and get Chase. Get Smith. I think they're both the same level of plug and play, with a gambler's choice on who the better pro will be, overall. My money? I just can't help but love the big man Chase. I think he's going to outperform Justin Jefferson's rookie season. I also think Smith could be a huge contributor from day 1 on our offense as well. Either way, I'm a kid in a candy shop.

All the more reason Im BEGGING for Houston to lose Sunday. We need that #3 pick. We'll get a damn good bounty and we're in the 2022 Top 10 Lottery YET AGAIN (assuming we're talking a trade down with Detroit or Carolina), all while... drafting a stud like Smith or Chase in the top 10. What a year.

Back
Top Bottom