Deep ball attempts to WRs? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep ball attempts to WRs?

We should definitely try some deep stuff early. Our offense never moves the ball until the last drive of the half anyways. Might as well chuck some deep and see what happens. If it's picked off oh well we were going to be punting anyways

This is ot but rishard matthews looks good...running much cleaner routes...terrific pivot route red zone td...only thing he didnt do was use the arm on the pivot to discard the db but he didnt have to...

Only one game but for what i see i would cut jennings after this year and give mathews his role and pay him accordingly if it continues

This is ot but rishard matthews looks good...running much cleaner routes...terrific pivot route red zone td...only thing he didnt do was use the arm on the pivot to discard the db but he didnt have to...

Only one game but for what i see i would cut jennings after this year and give mathews his role and pay him accordingly if it continues

there was 1 play, I think in the forth where Mathews caught a 10 yard pass and fought for more yards. he broke free and was gone. the refs incorrectly ruled him out of bounds. I don't think he ever stepped out. should have been a long TD

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

as for the DBs playing tight. that's why we need to PA deep to Stills. he has the speed and hands. use him

i dont think I would cut Jennings personally... but I can see Matthews roll being over his anyways. Jennings is still a good guy to have on the roster for many reasons... can still contribute as well.

there was 1 play, I think in the forth where Mathews caught a 10 yard pass and fought for more yards. he broke free and was gone. the refs incorrectly ruled him out of bounds. I don't think he ever stepped out. should have been a long TD

Yeah I saw that too. Refs are so quick to rule plays dead sometimes instead of letting it play out and then ruling one way or the other.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

as for the DBs playing tight. that's why we need to PA deep to Stills. he has the speed and hands. use him

I think he stepped out. If you get a chance to look at it again watch his right foot just before he gets hit and spins. Also as he breaks away from a tackle at the end of the play he stumbles for a few steps before going down. It would have been ruled down by contact.

I must say the more I read the board the more I feel like I'm reading about the 2014 Dolphins games 8-16 which is scary. Can't attempt a deep ball to a WR? What about Stills or Parker? A 6'3" 4.45 WR with supposed elite ball tracking skills can't get deep? If we throw short all season teams will sit on it and it will not be successful.

ALL GAME LONG BABY!!!

we need these:
[video=youtube;FRXmvEHWIJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRXmvEHWIJI[/video]

Matthews wasn't out of bounds, but he was definitely touched by a defender. Even if the defenders leg touches him, it's still considered being down by contact.

Matthews wasn't out of bounds, but he was definitely touched by a defender. Even if the defenders leg touches him, it's still considered being down by contact.

Uh to be down by contact you have to have something other than your hands/fingers or feet AND touched by an opponent. His knees never touched the ground. He may have stepped out of bounds, but it was close. I just watched it again.

Uh to be down by contact you have to have something other than your hands/fingers or feet AND touched by an opponent. His knees never touched the ground. He may have stepped out of bounds, but it was close. I just watched it again.

He falls to the ground on his stomach. That would be down by contact. I pretty sure we're looking at the same play. After he breaks away from Hall, the second time, he stumbles and falls face first on his stomach right in front of the bench as the whistles are blowing.

They blew the whistle long before that and I'm pretty sure that just because he fell down doesn't mean he's down by contact. He still has to be touched at the point at which he falls.

I watched again and it was close. I do think his right foot just went out of bounds and yea he did fall down after another 5 yards

They blew the whistle long before that and I'm pretty sure that just because he fell down doesn't mean he's down by contact. He still has to be touched at the point at which he falls.

I think he fell down because of the contact, so he would be ruled down by contact. Yes the whistles were blowing earlier also when they ruled he stepped out, which I think he did.

By rule if the ball carrier stumbles after contact and never regains his balance once he falls to the ground it's ruled the initial contact caused him to go to ground. A defender doesn't have to also touch him while he's on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom