Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills

Sorry to waste your time, we're not on the same page here. I think it's pretty obvious that Tannehill struggled deep with Wallace, that was never a debate and the blame could be divided between the two. **** MW.

What I took from your "analysis" was that Tannehill can't put touch on the ball and can only throw "lazer beams" which is complete BS.

ryanrecord.gif

DolphinsTD1.gif

571e92fd15f1648741faefc551aeda43.gif

ObedientNaiveAdouri.gif

Landry.gif

Using 3 examples doesn't change what they said about him 4 years ago. Even though I agree with your sentiment.

He isn't the best player at arching deep balls, that's true.

Sorry to waste your time, we're not on the same page here. I think it's pretty obvious that Tannehill struggled deep with Wallace, that was never a debate and the blame could be divided between the two. **** MW.

What I took from your "analysis" was that Tannehill can't put touch on the ball and can only throw "lazer beams" which is complete BS.

I never said that.

I said: Ryan Tannehill is good at throwing low-trajectory direct laser beams, but weak at high arcing a deep ball that allows a 4.3 speedster to accelerate through the ball (where the receiver's thumbs are pointed away from each other, like the classic Mike Wallace over-the-shoulder deep-ball-in-stride).

Your 1st gif was of 4.5 Hartline, and he turned to face the QB to make the catch (thumbs pointed towards each other).

Your 2nd, 3rd, 4th gifs were the types of throws that Tannehill is good at, and why Tannehill is best matched with strong catch radius receivers.

In fact, in all four of your gifs, the receiver turned towards the QB, and made the catch with their thumbs pointed towards each other.

So basically, your four gifs proved my point. Thanks! :)

You know what Normaldude...

You're completely right. Every single one of your posts in your history mentions his weakness as "high arcing a deep ball". Never once did you try and claim that Tannehill can't put touch on the ball on his short-intermediate passes. Thanks for taking the time to put up with my "knuckleheadedness" on this matter.

+1 rep for my misinterpretation of what you were saying and dealing with my bull****. :brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom