Defend Ricky? Why? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defend Ricky? Why?

endorphin said:
If he accidentally took the OTC drug Sudafed, or derivative there of, he would test positive because it is a banned substance...should he be suspended for a year?
According to the NFL substance policy, yes.

endorphin said:
Has he been suspended? Has the appeals process been completed?

See this is the lynch mob mentality I speak of. He has been accused (key word here...accused). You and a few others here have him convicted already.

Get your facts straight! (sound familiar?) Ricky has FAILED a drug test and is currently in the appeals process.

RoKnRuiN said:
Get your facts straight! (sound familiar?) Ricky has FAILED a drug test and is currently in the appeals process.

For someone with an avatar like yours; your not very bright! It's not a fact till the team or the league defines it as one! The media has been wrong countless times!

jspchief said:
According to the NFL substance policy, yes.

It is my opinion that you are too blinded by your hate for RW to continue a sensible debate.

endorphin said:
It is my opinion that you are blinded by your hate for RW to continue a sensible debate.

Ya him and roknruin. Im done with these boneheads; have a good one endorphin.

RoKnRuiN said:

I understand that reading comprehension is difficult for some, just wouldn't expect it from someone with an Einstein avatar.

Key word in my post that you quoted is completed. My facts are straight, thanks for reiterating them.

You, like jspcheif are too blinded by your hate for RW to make any sense...good day.

jspchief said:
There's more than a few self righteous people. Most of the world is that way. Your employer judges if you will be a good worker based on your past. Banks determine if you'll be a good borrower based on you past. everything you do in your life has the potential to come back and bite you.

It's one thing to forget mistakes and think someone has changed. But we're talking about forgetting about years worth of problems, and assuming Ricky has changed, all based on the fact that he hasn't tested positive for a whopping 8 months. It's not like he's been clean for years after one mistake.

And I'm not taking any chance by making an early judgement on Ricky. My judgement has no residual effects, and I can always chage it. He's just a guy that plays football on TV and it will never matter if I like him or believe in him.

I agree with you 100%.

RoKnRuiN said:
And if it gets overturned, it'll be like it never happened, just like it doesn't matter how many times one is accused of a crime if none of the accusations result in conviction.

endorphin said:
It is my opinion that you are blinded by your hate for RW to continue a sensible debate.
If the league says he can't take Sudafed, he can't take it.

I know you want to the league to be understanding and make some exception to their rules. But the fact remains, they set forth the rules and Ricky broke one of them.

You guys seem to think there is some grey area here, but there isn't. These things are written in such a way so there won't be grey areas. They banned sudafed because they want sudafed banned. Ignorance or intent aren't a defense.

NCDolphinfan said:
For someone with an avatar like yours; your not very bright! It's not a fact till the team or the league defines it as one! The media has been wrong countless times!

I love how all you Ricky lovers preach your "patience, compassion, judgement, facts, respect, hypocrites, ashamed, contradict, blah, blah, blah.." because when that runs out you all resort to base insults along with whatever new dogma you bring up.

EBMisfit said:
And if it gets overturned, it'll be like it never happened, just like it doesn't matter how many times one is accused of a crime if none of the accusations result in conviction.

A statement of the obvious.

jspchief said:
There's more than a few self righteous people. Most of the world is that way. Your employer judges if you will be a good worker based on your past. Banks determine if you'll be a good borrower based on you past. everything you do in your life has the potential to come back and bite you.
Yes, but if you show some signs of change, don't you think it's narrowminded of them to use what might turn out to an inadvertant mistake on your part as reason to invalidate any progress you may have made?

jspchief said:
It's one thing to forget mistakes and think someone has changed.
I never said anything about forgetting his mistakes, just not instantly assuming the worse. If the facts do indeed come out against him that he deliberately consumed a banned substance, then fine, let the chips fall where they might and he deserves punishment. I don't dispute that. But none of know all the details, so it might turn to be something very different than what we imagined.
jspchief said:
And I'm not taking any chance by making an early judgement on Ricky. My judgement has no residual effects, and I can always chage it. He's just a guy that plays football on TV and it will never matter if I like him or believe in him.
So if someone prematurely judged you, you wouldn't have any problem with that?

RoKnRuiN said:
A statement of the obvious.
Well, I stated it because you seemed to overlook it. A failed test isn't the end result, but part of the process. As such, it doesn't mean anything in and of itself. So you can bring it up once, twice, a half billiion times and it still won't have any more meaning.

And... none of that is self righteousness.

And none of it has anything to do with blaming him for something you know nothing about.

That's like arresting someone for a crime because he was in the area and had done one like it before. Can't you at least do the investigation first?

It's one thing to forget mistakes and think someone has changed. But we're talking about forgetting about years worth of problems, and assuming Ricky has changed, all based on the fact that he hasn't tested positive for a whopping 8 months. It's not like he's been clean for years after one mistake.

Doesn't matter. Judge him for the past all you want. But to judge him for THIS without knowing what happened is asinine.

You know, you keep saying this as if what you say only matters if you personally are going to effect the situation.

That is absurd.

Being self-righteous or judgemental or speaking without knowing the facts is just bad behavior. It doesn't matter if Ricky reads it, it's boorish when people do it, regardless of their position.

Not changing anything is never an excuse for behaving badly.

I could sit here and call your mom names all day... would the fact that she never would see it make it ok? No. It would just be small-minded, petty, low character behavior. More child than man.

Back
Top Bottom