Defend Ricky? Why? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defend Ricky? Why?

GRAPEAPE said:
It is very difficult to validate a point of view to someone who is not willing to listen and understand what the other person is trying to say. For the record. I do not want TO on this team I also think he is a cancer. I think if Ricky is found guilty of violating any NFL rule he should be out of the dolphins frachise.

I have acknowlaged any valid points you have made. The only thing you have said in any arguement you have made that has been worth hearing is IF he did violate the drug program with intent, he should serve the sentence he deserves period. I agree with that. What I don't agree with and refuse to listen to is uneducated narrowminded individuals who think they are the judge, jury, and fly on the wall watching Ricky screw up.

Nobody knows at this point if Ricky did screw up and if so to what extent. Yet prejudgemental, and I stress the mental part for obvious reasons, people who post immature posts that are basically nothing but slanderous toward Ricky, serve no real purpose other than to draw attention to themselves. Evidentally they must be lacking attention in their day to day life. It's really pretty sad, and I'm sorry you and a few others have such issues making it difficult for you to move forward from what Ricky has done in the past. I didn't like what he did to the fins in the past and don't agree with his choices regaring smoking pot, however I can get over it quickly when I hear Nick praise his work ethic and team spirit and I see him scamper into the endzone a few times.

He's not outspoken, he's not violent, he doesn't harm anyone, and according to Nick Saban he is a role model in the locker room, practice feild, and on gameday.

RoKnRuiN said:
Get your facts straight! (sound familiar?) Ricky has FAILED a drug test and is currently in the appeals process.

That has been reported but not confirmed, and the suspension would take place after the appeal is complete not during. Didn't you read what his agent said? The appeal was to prevent the suspension, not remove or reduce it.

nick1 said:
a failed test is proof, thats why he has to appeal it

Yes, but just in case you have missed it, a failed test does not mean a positive test. There are other ways the league consideres a test as being failed. As many have said before, let's wait an see what actually happened before we hang the guy.

NCDolphinfan said:
For someone with an avatar like yours; your not very bright! It's not a fact till the team or the league defines it as one! The media has been wrong countless times!

I've been meaning to say that to him in three different threads now, and keep getting side tracked and forgetting to.

Thank You.:wink:

LarryFinFan said:
Geez, two weeks ago everyone was begging for us not to shop RW for a trade because he had reformed and was better than RB and etc, etc...now everyone is a RW hater...

The guy screwed up and has no one to blame but himself. His indiscretions hurt the Fins in 2004, in 2005 and now probably in 2006 (be that because of reduced-to-no trade value or due to suspension or both). All this is true and agreed upon by everyone.

STILL....he has value as a player to us. Cutting him right now won't save us any money while he is suspended. Even if it does, it's not "TO" type money that we're talking about and can be absorbed without major harm to the cap.

We don't know the full story yet and shame on the the league and the Broncos for allowing it to leak out before Ricky had a chance to appeal and resolve it in private with the league.

All this is still not enough to castrate the man....the worst case scenario for the Fins is a year suspension and having to continue on the saga next off-season. Lets not have a mob rule here and send out a posse to hang him until all the cards are counted and he has a chance to defend himself. Even if he cannot, it's just a business and we'll continue to play games come August...don't panic folks...

Excellent post!

Lungoystr said:
Yes, but just in case you have missed it, a failed test does not mean a positive test.There are other ways the league consideres a test as being failed. As many have said before, let's wait an see what actually happened before we hang the guy.

My favorite:

"Even too much water in a urine sample can trigger a positive test result because it can be deemed a masking agent for drugs."

MH

Wouldn't that just be ripe? If the guy got busted for rehydrating?

PUT DOWN THE SPARKLETT'S! WE'VE GOT YOU SURROUNDED!

I can tell you this from firsthand knowledge... if there is anything that Yoga teachers push on you, it's water.

nopony said:
My favorite:

"Even too much water in a urine sample can trigger a positive test result because it can be deemed a masking agent for drugs."

MH

Wouldn't that just be ripe? If the guy got busted for rehydrating?

PUT DOWN THE SPARKLETT'S! WE'VE GOT YOU SURROUNDED!

I can tell you this from firsthand knowledge... if there is anything that Yoga teachers push on you, it's water.
"too much water" is part of the deal that Williams accepted when he agreed to enter the NFL's substance program. He can't go back and pick and choose which rules apply to him after the fact.

jspchief said:
"too much water" is part of the deal that Williams accepted when he agreed to enter the NFL's substance program. He can't go back and pick and choose which rules apply to him after the fact.

:shakeno:

Oh no! He drank WATER!

BURN HIM!

nopony said:
:shakeno:

Oh no! He drank WATER!

BURN HIM!
Urine that is overtly watered down is often a sign of attempting to mask something.

I'm pretty sure the NFL medical staff knows the difference between "he just had a glass of water" and "this has enough water in it to be suspicious".

jspchief said:
If the league says he can't take Sudafed, he can't take it.

I know you want to the league to be understanding and make some exception to their rules. But the fact remains, they set forth the rules and Ricky broke one of them.

You guys seem to think there is some grey area here, but there isn't. These things are written in such a way so there won't be grey areas. They banned sudafed because they want sudafed banned. Ignorance or intent aren't a defense.

Wow man. We have been debating this for like 24 hours.

It could very well be that he took something that was legal. Believe it or not it is does occur that a lab will error, or it could have found a trace of a substance that is not banned, and simply is an herbal suppliment. You act like you know something the rest of us don't.

We still don't know that it is a failed test, we still don't know what substance he tested posative for. It could have been a communication problem, or a perscribed substance. What the hell do you think they make the appeal process for? Maybe they just through the appeal process in their to humor people, not for any real purpose.

Your arguement is the most rediculous and ignorant thing I have ever seen.

It is obvious to pretty much everyone that you are simply not educated enough in how America works to have a decent debate regarding civil liberties and due process.

When you have a valid arguement that can hold some water please respond, until then take your prejudgemental attitude and choke on it.

ajajaj said:
Wow man. We have been debating this for like 24 hours.

It could very well be that he took something that was legal. Believe it or not it is does occur that a lab will error, or it could have found a trace of a substance that is not banned, and simply is an herbal suppliment. You act like you know something the rest of us don't.

We still don't know that it is a failed test, we still don't know what substance he tested posative for. It could have been a communication problem, or a perscribed substance. What the hell do you think they make the appeal process for? Maybe they just through the appeal process in their to humor people, not for any real purpose.

It is obvious to pretty much everyone that you are simply not educated enough in how America works to have a decent debate regarding civil liberties and due process.

When you have a valid arguement that can hold some water please respond, until then take your prejudgemental attitude and choke on it.
I don't even think you know what my argument is. Your responses so far indicate that you don't.

Never once have I said he doesn't deserve due process. Never once have I said that he is without a doubt guilty.

jspchief said:
Urine that is overtly watered down is often a sign of attempting to mask something.

I'm pretty sure the NFL medical staff knows the difference between "he just had a glass of water" and "this has enough water in it to be suspicious".

I'm sure they do. That's why I will make jokes until a month or so from now when we actually have half a clue what's going on.

:sidelol: :sidelol:
Superself said:
I just don't understand how people, who all have been pimp slapped hard by Ricky when he jumped ship and regurgitated all kinds of excuses why he left, can still think this guy gives a damn about your team.

Ricky does not care about football. That is what all of this is about IMO. Whether he failed a test or didn't show up for it. He knows the rules. If he is taking some stupid supplement then shame on him. He knows he is getting tested for everything under the sun. Why take that chance??!!

This is a grown man. How can you eagerly line up to defend someone who has already flicked the flusher while staring at our franchise go down the sewer once before? It just baffles me. :shakeno:

My hopes are that Ricky gets cleared of everything and then is traded for whatever scraps we can get. Thank goodness for Ronnie! Lets hope none of Ricky's wayward habits are picked up by him.
we defend him because he is a dolphin its called team spirit :fire:your name is self explanatoryLmao:sidelol:

ajajaj said:
I've been meaning to say that to him in three different threads now, and keep getting side tracked and forgetting to.

Thank You.:wink:

aj you spend 80% of your posts bashing the people who write the stuff you are SUPPOSEDLY commenting on. Time after time, post after post, your intention is to put down the people you disagree with. Not rebut the topic. If you are going to represent yourself as an intellectual superior to everyone else at least learn some basic spelling.

ajajaj said:

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Grow up.

Back
Top Bottom