Defense is good enough | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense is good enough

This D is not there yet. It would take an unbelievably great offense for that. I doubt there's been a championship team in recent history with a D that ranked this low in takeaways.

we need 1 more playmaker. Whether it's DL, LB, or secondary, I think one guy who can go out and make impact plays makes us a legit D. We have a bunch of good but not great players

Dude my point is NOT that our defense is great. They do need to improve. But they are good enough to win. My point IS we need an offense that can score regularly like New England's to take the pressure off our defense. We need to focus our offseason on getting playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

I will agree with you that getting an offense that can play Marino ball would be a great improvement over what we have today. I'd much rather lose a game 52-48 than to lose it 28-0. 52-48 may be a loss, but it is an entertaining loss.

Given Ireland's inability after five years to improve the offense, we're going to need a defense that can hold our opponents to 14 points or less per game to be competitive. We're nowhere near that with today's defense.

I will agree with you that getting an offense that can play Marino ball would be a great improvement over what we have today. I'd much rather lose a game 52-48 than to lose it 28-0. 52-48 may be a loss, but it is an entertaining loss.

Given Ireland's inability after five years to improve the offense, we're going to need a defense that can hold our opponents to 14 points or less per game to be competitive. We're nowhere near that with today's defense.

I agree with all that but as I look at the best teams in the league no one has thar dominating defense like the Ravens of old. IMO we can win with our defense although the lack of turnovers is concerning. But all the best teams have explosive offenses which I think masks the faults of their defenses.

This team needs linebackers that can tackle and cover tight ends.

Also some corners that can cover.

The Dline is the strength of the team

We're tough enough, not talented enough.

If this defense were forced to deal with playoff situations against premier quarterbacks, it would be glaring that toughness is not enough. We'd be exposed.

I do love the toughness, though. It's one of our few building blocks.

I've said all season the defense is not great but the 0 is a lot more concerning then the 28. For those who argue NE could easily score more if they wanted to then why don't they. When was the last time the Patriots were shy about scoring points? They never stop, they were snapping the ball with 10 seconds on the play clock after the 2 minute warning today. They would have loved to hang 50 on us, nobody can convince me otherwise and history agrees with me.

the d is not superbowl caliber. they can make it to the playoffs but to win it all is crazy. need dbs, and depth everywhere else

To win a Super Bowl. I don't care what Anyone says they have the ability to keep Miami in every game. What we need is an offense who can score. If we had New England's or Houston's or Denver's or Baltimore's or Cincinnati's or heck most other team's offense Miami would be a top team.

This offseason we do need to find one good corner and one good DE but beyond that we need to devote most of our draft picks and FA finding playmakers on offense.

I wouldn't even make DE a priority, I think Vernon could be good-great next season. What we need is one really good defensive back and another db thats at least at vontea davis' level

say what?! who's defense… Miami's?? minus Jones… what other Pro Bowl quality, ball-hawking, turnover producing, bone-jarring tackling dbs have you seen in a Fins uni all season?

say what?! who's defense… Miami's?? minus Jones… what other Pro Bowl quality, ball-hawking, turnover producing, bone-jarring tackling dbs have you seen in a Fins uni all season?

The turnover issue is concerning but the defense is solid enough to win for us if our offense could put points on th w board like the best team's offenses do.

I have to agree. Tannehill needs to make the throws the few times someone gets open.

That is the mistake that Wannsteadt made EVERY YEAR that he was here.

They are NOT good enough. We need at least two more blue chip, PLAY MAKERS on defense. We need a corner and a top notch linebacker.

I think the defensive line is pretty stout, and the safety position appears to be set for the next few years.

In the 4th quarter when the games were on the line, they never seemed to be able to make the stop. Opposing teams converted first downs over and over again. A better defense would have made the plays when the game was on the line and not sweated out EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Back
Top Bottom