Deion Branch could be cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch could be cut

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Between now and Saturday evening, more than 30% of the NFL's playing workforce will be fired. Final cuts aren't due for five days, but they always include some surprising names.

So that means this is a good week to speculate what big names could get a visit from "The Turk."

Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune thinks that Deion Branch could be one of those names. While Williams thinks Branch is "likely" on the team, he points out that the former Super Bowl MVP will earn $5 million this year . . . to be Seattle's third receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/31/could-deion-branch-be-cut/

Guys I think this guy can be a diamond in the ruff. Especially if Camarillo is not back to full form. Camarillo made an excellent catch n run on thursday, but Branch would make a real nice addition and a excellent weapon for Pennington.

Branch is another one of those guys that looked good in NE's system and didn;t do squat when he left. I'll pass.

NO WAY! Ever since he got to Seattle he has disappeared. There's a reason he might be getting cut and it isn't because he's too good. Pass.

Yeah, i'll pass on Branch for now. However, there usually ARE a few interesting names that get axed; players who are victims of a numbers game at position or in salary that could provide depth on our roster. As an example...Jerheme Urban of Arizona, he's a WR who seemingly catches everything thrown his way, however with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston and Doucet occupying the top 4 WR spots, it's likely he could not make the team because he isnt a great special teamer, but he could fit into our plans nicely as a possession receiver.

first time I have ever heard a 30 yo called a "diamond in the ruff"

We don't need to forgo the development of one of our younger guys for someone like Branch.

He's proven himself to be a product of the system, especially considering that Hasselback is no slouch. I want neither, but think I'd shoot craps on Marvin Harrison before I'd look at Branch.

He may not be great but he'd be a starter for Miami so don't be so quick to throw him out if he becomes available. His biggest problem has been staying healthy but when healthy he produces. he's a GOOD WR not great.

He may not be great but he'd be a starter for Miami so don't be so quick to throw him out if he becomes available. His biggest problem has been staying healthy but when healthy he produces. he's a GOOD WR not great.
thanks,but no thanks.If I were a Jets fan(eww),Id be worrying about a #2 WR starting as your no. 1 WR....scratch that...Id be worrying about your whole WR corps...

thanks,but no thanks.If I were a Jets fan(eww),Id be worrying about a #2 WR starting as your no. 1 WR....scratch that...Id be worrying about your whole WR corps...

What are you worrying about then since our #1 is better than any of your WRs? I am worried about our WR corps which is why I'd be fine adding a guy like Branch. You guys are fooling yourself if you don't think he upgrades your mediocre WR corps.

Back
Top Bottom