Deion Branch could be cut | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch could be cut

With Derrick Mason unretiring in the Ravens, seems like that Branch would be out of luck there. Otherwise, he may make a good fit.

lol.....hysterical....stop prorating please. I'm sure you know Cotchery is never breaking 1300 yards. Never.

The #'s I'm looking at last year are not impressive by a #1's standard....and I question those stats you are giving. I know he was the #1 for more than 5 games. Looking at last season, he broke 100 a whole 1 time. And Coles was playing that game, so he didn't see double teams then. That is some game changer.

And like I said...he's not A LOT better than any #1 wr. Including Ginn. And judging by the way both have started their careers...Ginn will be the better WR when its all said and done.

Stop prorating? You asked for his #s when Coles was out in 2007 and I gave them to you. He may never get 1300 yds but he's already been a 1,000 yd receiver something accomplished by a dolphins WR ONCE this entire decade.

He's alot better than Ginn going into 2009, maybe Ginn jumps up and catches him? I don't know but going into '09 they aren't close and there's not a GM in the league who would choose Ginn over Cotch.

Stop prorating? You asked for his #s when Coles was out in 2007 and I gave them to you. He may never get 1300 yds but he's already been a 1,000 yd receiver something accomplished by a dolphins WR ONCE this entire decade.

He's alot better than Ginn going into 2009, maybe Ginn jumps up and catches him? I don't know but going into '09 they aren't close and there's not a GM in the league who would choose Ginn over Cotch.

Yes, stop giving him yards he never would have gotten. His #'s were pathetic last year yet you think he is a no doubt #1. Last year Cotch disappeared in games completely.How many 1 reception games he have? I want to know the 5 games you got your average from....stop acting like you have moss.

And you think a gm wouldn't think of Ginn over Cotch? Are we looking at the same players? A guy like Ginn opens up a playbook for some coaches, a guy like cotch? well we got rid of chambers years ago....I see a similar career for cotch honestly. Im sure more than a couple would think more than twice about ginn over cotch.

And I want to know how Ginn isn't even close to Cotch? his numbers last year are very comparable to Ginn.

Yes, stop giving him yards he never would have gotten. His #'s were pathetic last year yet you think he is a no doubt #1. Last year Cotch disappeared in games completely.How many 1 reception games he have? I want to know the 5 games you got your average from....stop acting like you have moss.

And you think a gm wouldn't think of Ginn over Cotch? Are we looking at the same players? A guy like Ginn opens up a playbook for some coaches, a guy like cotch? well we got rid of chambers years ago....I see a similar career for cotch honestly. Im sure more than a couple would think more than twice about ginn over cotch.

And I want to know how Ginn isn't even close to Cotch? his numbers last year are very comparable to Ginn.

You asked for his #s w/o Coles in 2007, I provided.

His #s were pathetic yet he was much better than Ginn. if his #s were pathetic what does that make the great Ginn's #s?

Not a GM in the league would take Ginn over Cotch. Ask any non dolphin fan what they think.

Chambers is much better than Ginn too and D's respect players like him and Cotch alot more than Ginn- at least to this point in his career.

You asked for his #s w/o Coles in 2007, I provided.

His #s were pathetic yet he was much better than Ginn. if his #s were pathetic what does that make the great Ginn's #s?

Not a GM in the league would take Ginn over Cotch. Ask any non dolphin fan what they think.

Chambers is much better than Ginn too and D's respect players like him and Cotch alot more than Ginn- at least to this point in his career.

Once again.....besides here, I don't talk to Dolphin fans, mostly JET fans...they dont share your confidence in Cotchery. GMs would not automatically just pick Cotch over Ginn, you're wrong.

We also have a difference in the meaning "much". Larry Fitz is much better than Ginn, Cotchery may have better #'s from last year...but not "much" better.

Chambers gets more respect than Ginn? Really? He is the #4 option when Rivers goes back to pass....#4!!!!!!!!!! D's respect him more than any #1 WR? Wrong again.

I don't believe your #'s from before....what games you take the avg from? If you included his one 100yard game, please explain why since that was the KC game Coles was in, so Im hoping you didnt use that game in your findings.

Once again.....besides here, I don't talk to Dolphin fans, mostly JET fans...they dont share your confidence in Cotchery. GMs would not automatically just pick Cotch over Ginn, you're wrong.

We also have a difference in the meaning "much". Larry Fitz is much better than Ginn, Cotchery may have better #'s from last year...but not "much" better.

Chambers gets more respect than Ginn? Really? He is the #4 option when Rivers goes back to pass....#4!!!!!!!!!! D's respect him more than any #1 WR? Wrong again.

I don't believe your #'s from before....what games you take the avg from? If you included his one 100yard game, please explain why since that was the KC game Coles was in, so Im hoping you didnt use that game in your findings.

I know I'm right. If you polled GMs or non-dolphin fans at least 70-80% would take Cotc over Ginn going into this year.

"Much" may be a bit extreme but he's better by a good margin. Ginn has a little way to go to be as good as Cotch. Can he be? of course. can he be better? yeah but he has alot to prove.

Chambers is better than Ginn. Chambers has TWO 11 TD seasons, ginn has 4 in 2 years. Chambers only started 9 games due to injury and he still had 3 more TDs than Ginn did last year.

If you don't believe my #s then look it up for yourself. it's not difficult just fin the games that Cothc played in and Coles didn't play.

Coles didn't play in that KC game and Cotch had 76 yds in the KC game. he had 152 against Ten.

I know I'm right. If you polled GMs or non-dolphin fans at least 70-80% would take Cotc over Ginn going into this year.

"Much" may be a bit extreme but he's better by a good margin. Ginn has a little way to go to be as good as Cotch. Can he be? of course. can he be better? yeah but he has alot to prove.

Chambers is better than Ginn. Chambers has TWO 11 TD seasons, ginn has 4 in 2 years. Chambers only started 9 games due to injury and he still had 3 more TDs than Ginn did last year.

If you don't believe my #s then look it up for yourself. it's not difficult just fin the games that Cothc played in and Coles didn't play.

Coles didn't play in that KC game and Cotch had 76 yds in the KC game. he had 152 against Ten.

First you said there was NO gm that would take Ginn, now its at least 70-80% that wouldnt. ok.

I did look them up, Im wondering what games YOU got your avg from. I see Coles as having 7 rec 64 yards in the KC game. Is that wrong? Tenn he had 7 for 88. This is on nfl.com. You won't answer the question what games you got your avg from though. You know, fantasyland, where cotch was breaking 90 rec and 1300yards.

You'd rather have Chambers than Ginn? Want to poll a couple of gm's about that? Chambers isn't even the #1 on his team. Go ahead though....bring up tds....I guess Lance moore is better than Roddy white because he has 3 more tds than him too? Or Steve Smith who Lance had 4 more than? Ridiculous. And Penny wasn't looking Ginn's way when inside the 20 either, it was his te's and Ronnie /Ricky ...you know that though.

First you said there was NO gm that would take Ginn, now its at least 70-80% that wouldnt. ok.

I did look them up, Im wondering what games YOU got your avg from. I see Coles as having 7 rec 64 yards in the KC game. Is that wrong? Tenn he had 7 for 88. This is on nfl.com. You won't answer the question what games you got your avg from though. You know, fantasyland, where cotch was breaking 90 rec and 1300yards.

You'd rather have Chambers than Ginn? Want to poll a couple of gm's about that? Chambers isn't even the #1 on his team. Go ahead though....bring up tds....I guess Lance moore is better than Roddy white because he has 3 more tds than him too? Or Steve Smith who Lance had 4 more than? Ridiculous. And Penny wasn't looking Ginn's way when inside the 20 either, it was his te's and Ronnie /Ricky ...you know that though.

I don't think any GM would choose Ginn over Cotch, I said GMs and non-dolphin fans.

What year are you looking at? I am talking about 2007 not 2008.

The games were:
11-4 vs. Wash: 5-90
11-22 at Dallas: 2-43
12-16 at NE: 6-53
12-23 at Ten: 8-152, TD
12-30 vs. KC: 8-76

Totals: 29 recs, 414 yds, 14.3 avg., 1 TD

Are you serious about Ginn vs. Chambers? it's not even a discussion.

This is not about 2-3 more TDs, the man had ELEVEn 2 times. Ginn's career high is 4. He played 7 less games last year and had 3 MORE TDs.

Do we watch the same sport?

And Penny wasn't looking Ginn's way when inside the 20 either, it was his te's and Ronnie /Ricky ...you know that though.

I missed this excuse. It was Ricky Williams and his 4 TDs(one of which was 51 yds) and his TEs and their 10 TDs(4 of which were 20 or greater). Of those 14 TDs only 9 were inside the 20.

How come Chad threw 6 TDs to Cotch in '06?

Yeah, i'll pass on Branch for now. However, there usually ARE a few interesting names that get axed; players who are victims of a numbers game at position or in salary that could provide depth on our roster. As an example...Jerheme Urban of Arizona, he's a WR who seemingly catches everything thrown his way, however with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston and Doucet occupying the top 4 WR spots, it's likely he could not make the team because he isnt a great special teamer, but he could fit into our plans nicely as a possession receiver.

For now? What you want to wait a couple of years until he's REALLY old. I'll pass now, two years ago and 5 minutes from now.

I don't think any GM would choose Ginn over Cotch, I said GMs and non-dolphin fans.

What year are you looking at? I am talking about 2007 not 2008.

The games were:
11-4 vs. Wash: 5-90
11-22 at Dallas: 2-43
12-16 at NE: 6-53
12-23 at Ten: 8-152, TD
12-30 vs. KC: 8-76

Totals: 29 recs, 414 yds, 14.3 avg., 1 TD

Are you serious about Ginn vs. Chambers? it's not even a discussion.

This is not about 2-3 more TDs, the man had ELEVEn 2 times. Ginn's career high is 4. He played 7 less games last year and had 3 MORE TDs.

Do we watch the same sport?

LOL....you make thing up as you go along. Why would I look at 2007 when our discussion was last year?

And your right, ask any gm who they would have on their team today,chambers or ginn they'd say ginn. No question about it.

I love how you also condemn Ginn for Penny not targeting him for TD's. How about we use yardage? Thats a better stat to looking at WR productivity. I know you don't want to go there, because it kills your arguement.

So lance is better than coles and cotchery in your book too.

I missed this excuse. It was Ricky Williams and his 4 TDs(one of which was 51 yds) and his TEs and their 10 TDs(4 of which were 20 or greater). Of those 14 TDs only 9 were inside the 20.

Cotch wasnt the #1 wr in the red zone. Coles was and was probably getting most the attention.

Oh and only 6 tds? God that sucks, he must be a terrible WR. lol....Want to look up how many WRs that year that aren't as good had more tds?

LOL....you make thing up as you go along. Why would I look at 2007 when our discussion was last year?

And your right, ask any gm who they would have on their team today,chambers or ginn they'd say ginn. No question about it.

I love how you also condemn Ginn for Penny not targeting him for TD's. How about we use yardage? Thats a better stat to looking at WR productivity. I know you don't want to go there, because it kills your arguement.

So lance is better than coles and cotchery in your book too.

We were talking about 2007 when coles missed games. Go back and re-read the posts, we were talking 2007 when we had no OL, our QBs stunk, Cotch broke his finger and Coles missed a bunch of games.

The only one mkaing things up as they go along is you.

If you think Gms would rather have Ginn over Chambers I can't help you. Let's move on to another discussion. Not even most dolphin fans would take Ginn over Chambers.

How does yardage kill my argument? Chambers has AVERAGED 838 rec yds in 8 seasons while Ginn's career high was 790.

you are over yourhead here.Lance Moore had a great year, better than Cotch, Coles, Chambers and Ginn. let's see if he builds on it.

Cotch wasnt the #1 wr in the red zone. Coles was and was probably getting most the attention.

Wouldn't the #1 target have more TDs? The excuses get lamer and lamer.

Oh and only 6 tds? God that sucks, he must be a terrible WR. lol....Want to look up how many WRs that year that aren't as good had more tds?

The 6 he had in 2006 are 2 more than Ginn in his career.

We were talking about 2007 when coles missed games. Go back and re-read the posts, we were talking 2007 when we had no OL, our QBs stunk, Cotch broke his finger and Coles missed a bunch of games.

The only one mkaing things up as they go along is you.

If you think Gms would rather have Ginn over Chambers I can't help you. Let's move on to another discussion. Not even most dolphin fans would take Ginn over Chambers.

How does yardage kill my argument? Chambers has AVERAGED 838 rec yds in 8 seasons while Ginn's career high was 790.

you are over yourhead here.Lance Moore had a great year, better than Cotch, Coles, Chambers and Ginn. let's see if he builds on it.

Wouldn't the #1 target have more TDs? The excuses get lamer and lamer.

The 6 he had in 2006 are 2 more than Ginn in his career.

Pretty tough on a guy with an avg when he has 2 years under his belt. Ginn only had 790 yards in the 2 seasons he played...thats some arguement. Like I said, match the first 2 years against cotch's first 2. Thats fair.....Ginn wins. By the way. I notice you didnt take Cotchs avg in all of his years.

No the #1 target isn't always the one who grabs the tds. and the #1 target in the endzone may not be the #1 target on the 20 yard line. dont know how thats a lame excuse.

Chambers had a mediocre career, Ginn I would hope goes above 1000 yrds more than once. At both their ages, Id like to see the gm that takes chambers over ginn.

We were talking about LAST years stats. Not the one miracle 1000 yard season cotch had. Last year. Coles had a lot of struggles with injuries last year, although he did play. Sorry for that confusion.

Stop with the excuses for cotchery...they are pathetic. You had farve last year that only throws all the time.....cotch couldn't break 1000. I bet berrian if healthy easily breaks 1000 this year. And its not like Ginn hasn't had issues with QB, OL, different OC's in his 1st 2 years. Talking to me about lame excuses? You are filled with them. Cotch didnt start reall until year 3, his oline sucked that yeara...farve was at the end of his career and sucked...lol.....hysterical.

You think Lance is better than Steve Smith? Roddy White? Ok, then i know who I'm talking to. forget it. With a healthy Colston, he isn't getting more tds and won't be the #1.

Back
Top Bottom