Deion Branch could be cut | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch could be cut

Of the 35 games he has played for Seattle he has started 34 including all 8 last year. There's no question that not only does he starts he becomes your best WR immediately- as long as he is healthy.

Im starting to be concerned for you. I don't think you should be drinking so much on a Monday afternoon.
:confused2:

Branch sucks and has done nothing since leaving NE. No Thanks.

He's done more than any of your current WRs.

It's amazing how you guys overrate the talent you have. We aren't talking about him stepping in for Randy Moss and Andre Johnson- he'd be coming to a team w/ Ted Ginn as it's #1 WR. Is there a team in the league w/ a worse #1?

1. Baltimore
2. Chicago
3. Cleveland
4. Jacksonville
5. Minnesota
6. Giants
7. Jets
8. Raiders
9. 49ers
10. Titans

You ought to be a comedy writer.

1. Baltimore: Derrick Mason is far and away better than anythiong Miami has and it can be argued Mark Clayton would be their #1 as well.
2. Chicago: Maybe but hester in his 1st year as a WR put up siomilar #s to Ginn w/ more TDs. W/ a better QB and another year as a WR it's hard to argue Ginn will be better than hester.
3. Cleveland: Seriously? Have you heard of Braylon Edwards? Their #2 WR, Mike Furrey, had a 98 yd rec season and 1,000+ yds in 2006.
4. Jacksonville: Jax has Tory Holt and while he's not the HOF version from a few years ago he's still better than what Miami has.
5. Minnesota: Bernard Berrian is better than any WR Miami has
6. Giants: Maybe since they lost their #1 and #2 but Hixon only started 7 games and had just 13 less recs than Ginn and had as many TDs.
7. Jets: Cotchery is alot better than any WR you have right now.
8. Raiders: Here's one heading into the season but I think Schilens and Heyward-Bey are better prospects than what you have.
9. 49ers: Isaac bruce had 5 more recs and 5 more TDs than Ginn had last year.
10. Titans: Justin Gage started 11 games, averaged almost 20 yds per rec and scored 4 more TDs than Ginn.

Of those 10 MAYBE Ten, NYG and Chi and you have a better 1 than Oak right now. The others aren't close.

You ought to be a comedy writer.

1. Baltimore: Derrick Mason is far and away better than anythiong Miami has and it can be argued Mark Clayton would be their #1 as well.
2. Chicago: Maybe but hester in his 1st year as a WR put up siomilar #s to Ginn w/ more TDs. W/ a better QB and another year as a WR it's hard to argue Ginn will be better than hester.
3. Cleveland: Seriously? Have you heard of Braylon Edwards? Their #2 WR, Mike Furrey, had a 98 yd rec season and 1,000+ yds in 2006.
4. Jacksonville: Jax has Tory Holt and while he's not the HOF version from a few years ago he's still better than what Miami has.
5. Minnesota: Bernard Berrian is better than any WR Miami has
6. Giants: Maybe since they lost their #1 and #2 but Hixon only started 7 games and had just 13 less recs than Ginn and had as many TDs.
7. Jets: Cotchery is alot better than any WR you have right now.
8. Raiders: Here's one heading into the season but I think Schilens and Heyward-Bey are better prospects than what you have.
9. 49ers: Isaac bruce had 5 more recs and 5 more TDs than Ginn had last year.
10. Titans: Justin Gage started 11 games, averaged almost 20 yds per rec and scored 4 more TDs than Ginn.

Of those 10 MAYBE Ten, NYG and Chi and you have a better 1 than Oak right now. The others aren't close.

You talk about homerism...Jerricho cotchery isn't A LOT better than any #1 wr.

I really question some who say you are so unbiased.

You talk about homerism...Jerricho cotchery isn't A LOT better than any #1 wr.

I really question some who say you are so unbiased.

Ask any non-dolphin fan who is better right now: Cotchery or Ginn. Ginn has the potential to be better but going into 2009 there's no question Cotch is better. it's not even debateable.

Ask any non-dolphin fan who is better right now: Cotchery or Ginn. Ginn has the potential to be better but going into 2009 there's no question Cotch is better. it's not even debateable.

How did Cotch do in his 1st year? His 2nd? Compare that to Ginn's 1st 2 years. No debate yet?

Cotch had a little taste of being the #1 last year....didn't do much against double teams.

I don't talk to Dolphin fans except here. I do talk to a lot of jet fans... most don't share your confidence in Cotch.

Its also funny how you use potential against Ginn when discussing oaklands wr core. But when talking about your own, potential isnt an issue.

No question Cotch will be better? With a rookie qb and now cotch getting a lot more attention without coles...its very debateable who will be better.

How did Cotch do in his 1st year? His 2nd? Compare that to Ginn's 1st 2 years. No debate yet?

Cotch had a little taste of being the #1 last year....didn't do much against double teams.

I don't talk to Dolphin fans except here. I do talk to a lot of jet fans... most don't share your confidence in Cotch.

He didn't play much. Ginn has started 23 of 32 games, Cotch didn't become a starter until his 3rd year and his 1st year starting he had 82 recs, 961 yds and 6 TDs. That's 4 more TDs than Ginn first 2 years combined.

Its also funny how you use potential against Ginn when discussing oaklands wr core. But when talking about your own, potential isnt an issue.

No question Cotch will be better? With a rookie qb and now cotch getting a lot more attention without coles...its very debateable who will be better.

It's an issue but Cotch is established and ginn is not just like those Oak WRs are not.

Cotch w/ an injured Chad and kellen Clemens throwing to him in 2007 had over 1,000 yds rec AND he missed a game AND he played the last month w/ a broken finger.

He didn't play much. Ginn has started 23 of 32 games, Cotch didn't become a starter until his 3rd year and his 1st year starting he had 82 recs, 961 yds and 6 TDs. That's 4 more TDs than Ginn first 2 years combined.

It's an issue but Cotch is established and ginn is not just like those Oak WRs are not.

Cotch w/ an injured Chad and kellen Clemens throwing to him in 2007 had over 1,000 yds rec AND he missed a game AND he played the last month w/ a broken finger.

I'm counting the 1st 2 years of Cotchery against the 1st 2 of Ginn. Ginn wins. Cotch not starting is just another knock on why Ginn is better, no? Ginn started in his 2nd year, Cotch didn't, but I guess that doesnt count either in your world. I guess because you're a jet fan, cotch's rookie year is really his 3rd, because he wasnt a starter until then,.... ridiculous.

Until Ginn reaches his 3rd year, its unfair to compare Cotchery's 3rd year. Unless you are doing the same for all you are comparing him to, which you don't because you use one arguement for potential (oak wrs), while saying that doesn't count for your arguement when talking about the jet WR squad.

Cotch should have had 1000 last year with farve.....he didn't. Why? go ahead and blame farve, but when Berrian is closing the year on 1000 yards, whats the excuse then? Start preparing your, "Sanchez is a rookie excuse" too while you are at it.

Cotch had one 1000 yard season...then when attempting to be the man, just got over 850....that gives you bragging rights? And you call us homers? Meanwhile, overlook the fact that Ginn has had 2 different OC's and 2 different QB's.

Bottom line.....Cotch isn't a lot better than ANY other #1 WR. Im not a firm believer that Ginn is a true #1, but 790 yards, isnt that far off than 858 yards. Neither are mindblowing....want to brag about him having 3 more tds? Go crazy..but to any other football fan with a real #1 on his team, its laughable.

Why don't you wait a couple of days for them to get Marshall...then you can say you have a better WR core and it would actually be true.

Cotch wasn't being double teamed then. Last year he was at the end of the year.

And are you actually comparing Ginn's 1st season with Cotch's 2007 season? Keep calling us homers :lol:

Cotch wasn't being double teamed then. Last year he was at the end of the year.

And are you actually comparing Ginn's 1st season with Cotch's 2007 season? Keep calling us homers :lol:

He absoklutely was especially since Coles missed a bunch of games down the stretch.

He absoklutely was especially since Coles missed a bunch of games down the stretch.

I know he was double teamed mostly at the end of the year.....How did he do in the games coles wasnt there?

I know he was double teamed mostly at the end of the year.....How did he do in the games coles wasnt there?

Cotch played 5 games w/o Coles and in those 5 games he had 29 recs, 414 yds and 1 TD.

Almost 6 recs a game(prorate that to 16 games and it's 93 recs)
Almost 83 yds a game(prorate that to 16 games and i's 1325 yds)

Cotch played 5 games w/o Coles and in those 5 games he had 29 recs, 414 yds and 1 TD.

Almost 6 recs a game(prorate that to 16 games and it's 93 recs)
Almost 83 yds a game(prorate that to 16 games and i's 1325 yds)

lol.....hysterical....stop prorating please. I'm sure you know Cotchery is never breaking 1300 yards. Never.

The #'s I'm looking at last year are not impressive by a #1's standard....and I question those stats you are giving. I know he was the #1 for more than 5 games. Looking at last season, he broke 100 a whole 1 time. And Coles was playing that game, so he didn't see double teams then. That is some game changer.

And like I said...he's not A LOT better than any #1 wr. Including Ginn. And judging by the way both have started their careers...Ginn will be the better WR when its all said and done.

Back
Top Bottom