Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet.

Just read 12 pages of the same Tua apologists as always hyping up victimhood. The truth is Lamar Jackson is better than Tua, and there is absolutely no reason to deny that other than you belong to a cult that doesn't allow you to critically think.
Better than Tua at what? Certainly not throwing the ball. If you want to say he’s a better athlete and a great runner, sure, I’ll grant you that. He’s not a better QB.

Just read 12 pages of the same Tua apologists as always hyping up victimhood. The truth is Lamar Jackson is better than Tua, and there is absolutely no reason to deny that other than you belong to a cult that doesn't allow you to critically think.
dumb jim carrey GIF

Tua is a better quarterback than Lamar Jackson by a wide margin.

Jackson has averaged more than 210 yards passing per game—yes, 210 yards per game—one season in his career, and it was his worst season. He threw 16 TDs to 13 INTs and had a passer rating of 87—which is just a bit worse than Marcus Mariota, Taylor Heinicke, and Jacoby Brissett this year.

Lamar Jackson is phenomenal if you want to run the ball 40 times and pass for 185 yards a game. But I assume if you want to do that, you are not on this message board because there is no internet access in 1952.

Mate even if that is true that he is better than Tua, some lines you don't cross...guess we were brought up in different times. I played a thousand teams sports and win or lose we were one team. We supported each other even if behind closed doors we didn't always agree.

If I were Tua I would find the best player available at this guys position and make a post wanting him to come play in Miami for a soon to be open position in the secondary.

But all this being said the guy is young and foolish. I will leave it to Terron and Christian to have a little face to face with him soon enough 😂

I’ll add another point on to this. Makes you wonder what he’s hearing from his new teammates regarding Tua and his ability to get them to the big show?

Certainly his comments maybe his own opinion and thoughts and there’s no input from anyone else on the team.

Or there could be some internal talk amongst players that Tua isn’t the one to get them to the big show.
He just got there, he doesn't even have a jersey. I'm not sure he's even talked to most of the teammates.

A few thoughts:

1) DeShon Elliot made a mistake, and he realized he made a mistake, because he deleted the Tweet. Unfortunately for him, the Internet is forever. This does not necessarily mean that he doesn't think Tua is a good QB or that there's some locker room division. It's more likely (imo) that he saw Lamar's Tweet about requesting a trade, had a quick thought about his former teammate, and Tweeted....then thought, "oh, wait, that might look bad," and deleted it. It was stupid, but I don't think it was "cut this bum" stupid. Also, he's a pretty decent SS.

Like The Rock said to one of his clients in Ballers, "Stay the **** off Twitter."

2) Lamar Jackson is a fantastic athlete. He is an entirely different type of QB than Tua. If the Dolphins were starting over and didn't already have a roster that was tailor-made for Tua's strengths (and that the current HC is very familiar with), this is a different conversation. But they aren't. Tua is simply a better fit for this offense, imo. Jackson thrived in an offense with multiple TEs and power RB, running a lot of 12 and 22 sets.

3) Lamar Jackson is likely not going to be able to play in the NFL with current style for a long time. He's been a highlight reel his entire career, but he holds on to the ball a lot, trying to make things happen, and takes a lot of unnecessary hits. Sound familiar?

4) There are a few teams in the NFL that make a lot of sense to me for Jackson. Indy makes some sense. I look at Seattle, with their multiple first and second round picks this year, a **** ton of cap room next year, with a power run game, multiple skilled TE and a couple serious deep-threat WR and go "hmmmm." The question then becomes, so why aren't they doing it?

No, it makes YOU wonder. Not so much for mostly everyone else here. Tuarette's Syndrome, it's real folks.
Can we stop with that reference. Now, I'm not big on "political correctness", but I'm sure that is quite insulting to anyone who may actually be afflicted by the condition, have children who are, erc. Not to mention that it is a direct insult to another poster. Besides, it isn't really all that funny.

Asking nicely.......

Can we stop with that reference. Now, I'm not big on "political correctness", but I'm sure that is quite insulting to anyone who may actually be afflicted by the condition, have children who are, erc. Not to mention that it is a direct insult to another poster. Besides, it isn't really all that funny.

Asking nicely.......
noted

you-came-to-the-wrong-neighborhood-came-to.gif

Back
Top Bottom