Denver Is Taking Phone Calls.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver Is Taking Phone Calls..........

No, Stay put. Denver is like the way im thinking. I dont trust any of theses QB,s. Stay at 11 and i hope Fitzpatrick slips to us.

Seems that every year we end up at exactly the pick where the top tier class of guys has all gone right before us.

For once we are in a perfect spot in my opinion. At 11 we're guaranteed to get a guy who could easily end up being one of the best players in the draft. For the love of God... Please no trading up.

Denver Broncos Football Club
Executive Offices and UCHealth Training Center

13655 Broncos Parkway
Englewood, CO 80112
(303) 649-9000

I just called and spoke to John Elway. It didn't go well. He thought I was calling to offer him Ryan Tannehill. He got excited too.

I said John, why do you want RT?

He said, have you seen how much better his numbers are than mine were? I noticed that and asked why he threw 35% more INT's than RT through 5 NFL seasons? I could hear his horse nostril's flaring over the phone.

He then berated me for a bit, saying I know NOTHING about QB's when he pointed out that Dan Marino's stats from 1987-1996 are similar to Ryan's 3rd, 4th and 5th seasons.

I apologized for bothering him to which I heard him yell to his secretary, "no more phone calls".

Sorry guys, I tried.

13655 Broncos Parkway
Englewood, CO 80112
(303) 649-9000

I just called and spoke to John Elway. It didn't go well. He thought I was calling to offer him Ryan Tannehill. He got excited too.

He said, have you seen how much better his numbers are than mine were? I noticed that and asked why he threw 35% more INT's than RT through 5 NFL seasons? I could hear his horse nostril's flaring over the phone.

He then berated me for a bit, saying I know NOTHING about QB's when he pointed out that Dan Marino's stats from 1987-1996 are similar to Ryan's 3rd, 4th and 5th seasons.

I apologized for bothering him to which I heard him yell to his secretary, "no more phone calls".

Sorry guys, I tried.
I needed some levity. The draFt can't get here quickly enough. Even if we screw it up it will be better to debate what actually happened instead of a billion permutations of what we could do wrong.

13655 Broncos Parkway
Englewood, CO 80112
(303) 649-9000

Sorry guys, I tried.

Phone calls are akward for Elway. He's used to being approached with hay in hand...

I think there are two crowds:

1. This who want to draft a Starting QB are clamoring for us to trade to get into the Top 5.
2. Those who don't want to draft a QB Round 1 and want BPA available at 11.

In case the naming convention is confusing you, let's approach this from a more board recognizable debate:

1. Tannehill Haters
2. Those without agendas

Sounds like you are the one with the agenda. You had to go there and try to derail the thread.

I stay put and take the BPA at 11.

I think there are two crowds:

1. This who want to draft a Starting QB are clamoring for us to trade to get into the Top 5.
2. Those who don't want to draft a QB Round 1 and want BPA available at 11.

In case the naming convention is confusing you, let's approach this from a more board recognizable debate:

1. Tannehill Haters
2. Those without agendas
What if the BPA at 11 is a QB?

Let someone else move up. The Dolphins don't have many picks and it would cost too much to move up. Stay at 11 and take the best player available. There will most likely be a top defensive player still sitting there at 11. The Dolphins need to get potential starters with their first 3 picks at least.

Back
Top Bottom