denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams

Muck said:
You don't think using a 3rd rounder on Clarett was a reach??

Denver has already proven that they can take practice squad players and turn them into 1,000-yard rushers. Why reach for a guy like Clarett?? Especially when you spent a #2 on Tatum Bell the year before, along with Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin already on the roster.

The only logic behind it for them is that they were simply going for that elusive BPA, who has been picked more times than any other player I can remember. I guess they figured they had no true holes to fill (which I find hard to believe in the 3rd), so they went with someone with possibly the most upside in the draft.

If that nut can screw his head on straight, build some muscle, and concentrate on football rather than himself, he could be a very dangerous RB. But that's a lot to ask from a guy who has proven himself time and again to be a whiny, spoiled punk.

calmrage said:
Clarrett has INCREDEIBLE skill! You guys doubting Clarrett's ability are nuts! He has as much, if not MORE ability than Brown or Williams. His whole problem is his mind. If he can get that straight, he'll be awesome!

Lets see...he has'nt taken a hit in a year and a half, runs a forty that could be timed on an hour glass, has proven to be a me first player, does'nt make the greatest decisions in the world, is injury prone and in my opinion was'nt all that good to begin with....

What "incredible" skills does he have? He is a between the tackles runner with no speed. He is a young Ron Dayne...

The guy was a MEGA reach. I don't care if the Broncos had fifty 3rd round compensation picks....taking a player in the third round that you could get in the 5th round is'nt intelligent.

Do I think Clarett will have good numbers? Perhaps...it all depends on how much Mike Ratahan wants to justify the pick. I personally think Tatum Bell is going to rush for 1300 yards this year and Clarett will be lucky to see the field.

cHaNgE said:
i live in donkey country and i just thought it was funny that they would have such an article, couldnt find it on tha net, but its on paper at home, and basically it says clarett was a better value pick than brown or williams and they he will not only have more yards, but will start more games and play longer than either player

I hate to tell all you nay sayers but I TOLD YOU SO ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ha My grandma can out run him blah blah blah......you people know nothing about football. :lol:

The only logic I can see in this pick is the fact that Denver didn't have a 4th round pick to spend on Clarett. So they took him high.

unifiedtheory said:
Lets see...he has'nt taken a hit in a year and a half, runs a forty that could be timed on an hour glass, has proven to be a me first player, does'nt make the greatest decisions in the world, is injury prone and in my opinion was'nt all that good to begin with....

What "incredible" skills does he have? He is a between the tackles runner with no speed. He is a young Ron Dayne...

The guy was a MEGA reach. I don't care if the Broncos had fifty 3rd round compensation picks....taking a player in the third round that you could get in the 5th round is'nt intelligent.

Do I think Clarett will have good numbers? Perhaps...it all depends on how much Mike Ratahan wants to justify the pick. I personally think Tatum Bell is going to rush for 1300 yards this year and Clarett will be lucky to see the field.

Clarett is far from a Mega Reach. He was concensus one of the top 5 RB's coming out of highschool and choose Ohio State over many other bigtime schools.. In his 1 year at Ohio State he led his team to the National Championship, having a huge year along the way (11games, 1227 yards, 5.5avg, 18 Td's)... He has some things about him not football related, but as an NFL caliber talent what has this guy not done... (besides the combine which many others have done bad at and still done well in the NFL)

Muck said:
The only logic I can see in this pick is the fact that Denver didn't have a 4th round pick to spend on Clarett. So they took him high.

Yeah I thought it was reported that they took him in the 3rd rd because Shanahan felt he would not be there when they picked next.

Third round was a reach. doesn't matter that they didn't have a fourth. They could have just drafted one of the FULLBACKs that are faster than him and made him a tailback.

The only way he wasn't a reach was if the broncos didnt have a 4th .....or 5th or 6th or 7th......

Raekwon The Che said:
I'm telling you right now if Clarret starts, he will have more yards then Brown or Williams.

You know so much....:confused:

djfresh47 said:
Yeah I thought it was reported that they took him in the 3rd rd because Shanahan felt he would not be there when they picked next.

Denver didn't have a pick till late in the 6th round. They probably figured Mo would be gone by the 6th round. So Denver decides to draft him with one of their comp picks. I think it was a good gamble by Denver. I don't expect Mo to play much this year 'cause Tatum Bell will run for 1500 yards. I expect Mo to be used in short yardage situations and at the goaline. Mo will learn & I expect him to start in a couple of years. He's still a very young guy & has plenty of time to develop. There's no rush to start him with Tatum Bell there.

IMO MAurice will be a good back. He has the tools of a Budding superstar but a head of a 12 yr old. If he preforms Watch outttt Denver will be dangerous and how....

All experts were expecting him to go in the 6th or 7th

He will do good but denver has many other needs than a rb....

dominizzo said:
IMO MAurice will be a good back. He has the tools of a Budding superstar but a head of a 12 yr old. If he preforms Watch outttt Denver will be dangerous and how....

How many backs do you need on a team anyways

Back
Top Bottom