denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams

Gofish1331 said:
Character, character, character..... Ronnie is a good person, he won't wind up in jail, holding out or puffing away his carear. The stats are very compleeing Muck, but Ronnie is also a selfless person. That's who I want on my team!

I think that goes without saying. :) But we were talking about the 2002 season (before all this character stuff came out).

Muck said:
I think that goes without saying. :) But we were talking about the 2002 season (before all this character stuff came out).
OOPS!! Came in late and shot my mouth off again! Before Clarrett screwed himself was he #1 overall draft material?:confused:

cHaNgE said:
i live in donkey country and i just thought it was funny that they would have such an article, couldnt find it on tha net, but its on paper at home, and basically it says clarett was a better value pick than brown or williams and they he will not only have more yards, but will start more games and play longer than either player

He's not even the best running back on his team. Tatum Bell is and will be starting barring injury.

Muck said:
I think Ronnie deserved a lot of attention after that stretch run. Don't know if Clarett was a far superior player then (or even better).

I agree with you. That's why I carefully used the word "considered" (a superior player) in my post. I never said I rated him a better player. Mostly, as you implied, it was due to name recognition and marquee status on a top ranked team. Not many fans knew who Ronnie Brown was at that point.

Back
Top Bottom