Derrick Shelby Finds Cure for Aids | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrick Shelby Finds Cure for Aids

In all seriousness, the police just violated his HIPAA rights if they leaked this story.

BS on the cops' part.

"While en route to the hospital A-1 was belligerent and appeared to be very intoxicated. Once at the hospital he continued to be loud and verbally abusive to arresting officers. When he was eventually situated and calm enough to get treatment an ER doctor recommended the necessary, minor medical treatment. While the nurse was treating A-1 he made the statement “I need a Z-Pack.” When the nurse questioned as to why, he advised “Listen, I f–ked a hooker at the club and don’t want to catch anything. I raw dogged her so I need something to kill that ****.” This information was relayed to Sgt. Cruz in case it was pertinent to the investigation."

What part of that are you claiming is a violation? Shelby gave himself a drunken diagnosis of an STD and prescribed for himself an anti-biotic that would have no effect on his, at this point, imaginary STD. There's no real and accurate medical information in there.

Not information about health issues. That is a gross violation of the law if the cops did leak him wanting this medication.

Police officers have a very difficult job in this society. However, it is obvious that Shelby's claims of abuse has struck a nerve and the drip of leaks slamming Shelby have not stopped since. The police are fighting in a very nasty fashion and that simply does not benefit the community and society at large.

Demand more from your government. Make them accountable.

Get of your friggin high horse.

He said he was doing a hooker without a hat on. Where is the health issue?

And how do you know it was a cop? In pretty much every hospital in south Florida the emergency room is a big area in the middle with the nurses stations and surrounding rooms divided by simple curtains. Someone says something you can hear it on the other side.

Regardless if it was a person taking care of Shelby, or just a house keeping person walking by, anyone who works in the hospital is bound by HIPAA. Sorry man, thats the way it is.

The one I work at sure does. And every place I went to in clinicals did as well. The only place I recall only having curtains separating patients was at the VA. surprise surprise.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Well you win that argument

That picture from LD is actually quite generous almost luxurious. Most ERs down here don't even have walls, just curtains between the 'rooms'.

Get of your friggin high horse.

He said he was doing a hooker without a hat on. Where is the health issue?

And how do you know it was a cop? In pretty much every hospital in south Florida the emergency room is a big area in the middle with the nurses stations and surrounding rooms divided by simple curtains. Someone says something you can hear it on the other side.

LOL. The health issue is him asking for a medication to help prevent STD's. It has nothing to do with being with a hooker.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Are you aware your posting on Finheaven right now?

I am?

You obviously have no idea what HIPAA Law is and what it pertains too!

I am well aware of HIPAA and its ramifications.

IF, this story is true and IF someone from the police OR hospital leaked this story, Shelby's rights were violated.

BTW, I think Derrick Shelby was not in control of his actions and was inappropriate.

The disappointing part of this for me is it SEEMS he had a chance to go home and have nothing happen, but he continued to act like an ass. That is frustrating for me personally.

IMHO; I disagree with Hayden, I don't think anyone disclosed private medical information on Shelby's actual treatment, therefore; no HIPPA law was violated. They, whom ever leaked the information, only repeated what an obviously drunken Shelby said to the medical staff, which was he wanted a Z-pack, and that has nothing to do with his medical treatment there. The police did not disclose any aliments or diseases or his actually medical treatment that night , only to say he was treated form minor injuries.

Not sure why the police would leak this since it doesn't really impact their case in any way.

I'm starting to think Shelby deserves what he may get just for the stupidity alone of ****ing hoes bareback. :idk:

IF, this story is true and IF someone from the police OR hospital leaked this story, Shelby's rights were violated.

Wrong! Police and Law Enforcement are not bound by HIPAA Law! And Spontaneous outburst by a drunk in cuffs is not protected either. Regardless of the fact that he plays for your favorite team. Want to blame anyone blame Shelby for being the idiot that didn't exercise his right to remain silent!

Wrong! Police and Law Enforcement are not bound by HIPAA Law! And Spontaneous outburst by a drunk in cuffs is not protected either. Regardless of the fact that he plays for your favorite team. Want to blame anyone blame Shelby for being the idiot that didn't exercise his right to remain silent!

I do not disagree that Shelby was stupid.

However, IF the cops did cough up this story about him asking for a particular medication, it is a disgusting act by the police.

Someone violated his rights as a patient unless you want to say that some dude passing by heard this, confirmed it and a writer decided to run with this random's story.

The answer is someone at the hospital or more likely the police dept. coughed up this story. Terrible conduct….which does not excuse Shelby's, but bad conduct nonetheless.

Police are not subject to the HIPAA Rule. Further, those who must abide by HIPAA may disclose that information to law enforcement if it may be evidence of a crime (1. prostitution. 2. sex in public) or if there is a potential threat to the person or the community (AIDS infested hookers).

I should have read the entire thread before posting :lol:

Back
Top Bottom