Derrick Shelby Finds Cure for Aids | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrick Shelby Finds Cure for Aids

I do not disagree that Shelby was stupid.

However, IF the cops did cough up this story about him asking for a particular medication, it is a disgusting act by the police.

Someone violated his rights as a patient unless you want to say that some dude passing by heard this, confirmed it and a writer decided to run with this random's story.

The answer is someone at the hospital or more likely the police dept. coughed up this story. Terrible conduct….which does not excuse Shelby's, but bad conduct nonetheless.

Once again wrong! We have already educated you that his rights weren't violated. Second it all goes in the police report, and those are available to the public. Shelby had more then enough chances to go home and keep his career intact. Instead he acted like a moron! Stop grandstanding and slinging mud at good people to defend him.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I should have read the entire thread before posting :lol:

Well you know we can continue to tell him he is wrong and he will continue to grasp at straws!

This whole incident is disgusting. We are well on our way to Idiocracy.

I love how posters have no issue that the state has smeared a suspect with over the top details that have nothing to do with the crime he is accused of.

There is no reason for this information to made public. He is not charged with engaging with a hooker. There are no health issue at stake. This is simply to trash a guy that is claiming he was roughed up too much.

Imagine if you had private details of what you asked your doctor be revealed to the press….I know, I know, you will all say that "I have nothing to hide" blah, blah, blah.

He is my final point and I am done with this argument. In terms of Shelby, I have said from the start that Joe had no choice in light of the happenings around the league to suspend Shelby. In terms of the broader scope, I have a high level of accountability for my government. Whether it is the president down to a police officer, when I see a dereliction of duty or an abuse of power, I get upset. I expect more for our government institutions than we are receiving. There are way too many that sit idly by, while the effectiveness of our institutions deteriorate.

I think Shelby was out of control and I think the police have been nasty with their morphine-like drip of information to discredit Shelby. Bring your evidence to trial and not the press.

I love how posters have no issue that the state has smeared a suspect with over the top details that have nothing to do with the crime he is accused of.

There is no reason for this information to made public. He is not charged with engaging with a hooker. There are no health issue at stake. This is simply to trash a guy that is claiming he was roughed up too much.

Imagine if you had private details of what you asked your doctor be revealed to the press….I know, I know, you will all say that "I have nothing to hide" blah, blah, blah.

He is my final point and I am done with this argument. In terms of Shelby, I have said from the start that Joe had no choice in light of the happenings around the league to suspend Shelby. In terms of the broader scope, I have a high level of accountability for my government. Whether it is the president down to a police officer, when I see a dereliction of duty or an abuse of power, I get upset. I expect more for our government institutions than we are receiving. There are way too many that sit idly by, while the effectiveness of our institutions deteriorate.

I think Shelby was out of control and I think the police have been nasty with their morphine-like drip of information to discredit Shelby. Bring your evidence to trial and not the press.

Um, if he said that stuff, he smeared himself, possibly with an AIDS spread. Arrest details are public record.

You are really laughable sometimes! Accountability? In this situation the police tried everything to get him to just go home. He disobeyed a lawful order, he taunted them, and flat out dared them to do something. He got what he ask for and frankly if anything was under charged for the incident! He didn't learn his lesson there and continued to shoot his mouth off at the hospital, and what came out has added to his embarrassment. There is one person and only one person responsible for this incident, and what has come of it. That is Shelby!

You are right though the police should be held accountable for not charging him for sexual battery in the club! Those women had their rights violated, and reports are there was plenty of witnesses to it! Or do their rights not matter because Shelby is/was a Dolphin?

Why are you blaming the police for info on friggin Deadspin

He should have asked for H.A.R.R.T treatment.

Police are subject to HIPAA in terms of disclosure same as anybody else. http://http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/faq/disclosures_for_law_enforcement_purposes/505.html

I've worked with multiple intoxicated individuals running the detox unit at the hospital. Some are very quiet others very loud all think they are a VIP.

Hes a typical drunk.

Wrong police are not subject to HIPAA and your link proves it thanks!

Who Is Not Required to Follow These Laws

Many organizations that have health information about you do not have to follow these laws.

Examples of organizations that do not have to follow the Privacy and Security Rules include:

life insurers,
employers,
workers compensation carriers,
most schools and school districts,
many state agencies like child protective service agencies,
most law enforcement agencies,
many municipal offices.

Once again wrong! We have already educated you that his rights weren't violated. Second it all goes in the police report, and those are available to the public. Shelby had more then enough chances to go home and keep his career intact. Instead he acted like a moron! Stop grandstanding and slinging mud at good people to defend him.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Well you know we can continue to tell him he is wrong and he will continue to grasp at straws!

Kinda like our resident Jets troll....junkie boy.

In general I totally agree w. what you just said. And you are 100 percent right on government accountability -- which essentially doesn't exist today. Billions can disappear from State Department budgets, IRS emails can disappear across states and on every sensitive computer related to IRS weaponizing, including the wiping of every sensitive phone, outright lies related to NSA monitoring and FBI activity against citizens, w. zero outcry or accountability. And it's pretty much rotten from the federal head down into states, with most media organizations afraid to question, investigate or report the truth. Lots of good LEOs as individuals, lots of good leaders, including politicians, but the bulk are fed into the hive consciousness of using position to rape the people. So, yes, in general, are many police departments (including local govs) needed radical accountability? No question.

But in this case w. Shelby, he created the entire mess, from his actions in the club that night, to his belligerent entitlement of groping non-groupies (apparently he wasn't satisfied w. his raw dog hooker -- he tried to get some legit scores), and then refusing to leave the club, and then refusing to obey police orders. Sitting there pretending not to hear police when being asked to leave is not cool.

This is on Shelby bro. And I'm usually the first to defend someone from overzealous police, having been down that road more than once myself.

LD

Hey I agree Shelby created this mess, but Fox is right. If this is true either the hospital or ER breached confidentiality regarding health... That's a huge deal... Now if this was overheard and reported by someone who is not a hospital or police official, then that's another story

C8ZaVIF-1.jpg

Get one before they run out.

Gold.

Hey I agree Shelby created this mess, but Fox is right. If this is true either the hospital or ER breached confidentiality regarding health... That's a huge deal... Now if this was overheard and reported by someone who is not a hospital or police official, then that's another story

Which is just as likely an explanation as any

Once I was visiting a friend in a state not to be named. He had recently been hired to a staff position in a nearby mental hospital. It so happened that the day was Sunday, and he received word that an elderly inmate had made a run for it. Because it was the weekend, not many staff were available at the place, so even though he was supposed to be off work, they called him and asked for help in finding the guy. He told me the situation and asked if I would like to ride along. Gorgeous autumn day so I said sure. Would be awesome to find the guy before he got hurt or had to spend the night in the cold.

We started driving the access roads to the place, and within an hour we found the guy walking.

He must have been tired because he agreed to get in the vehicle. But once he got in the car, he singled me out and started talking to me. He wanted me to take him someplace that I had never heard of -- and his big argument was this: He couldn't go back to the place 'cause they'd hook him up to the "poison 'n drip." "It's poison 'n drip!" he said, with a wild look in his eyes. "Poison 'n drip." "Takes the mind right out o' ya." "Poison 'n drip!" "Don't take me back to da poison 'n drip!" "Nooooo!" (as they dragged him away).

Needless to say, it put a damper on my day. I almost wanted to help the man make a run for it, lol.

The morphine-drip of info maybe functions the same, lol -- numb the mind of the people so they won't run.

LD

Once I was visiting a friend in a state not to be named. He had recently been hired to a staff position in a nearby mental hospital. It so happened that the day was Sunday, and he received word that an elderly inmate had made a run for it. Because it was the weekend, not many staff were available at the place, so even though he was supposed to be off work, they called him and asked for help in finding the guy. He told me the situation and asked if I would like to ride along. Gorgeous autumn day so I said sure. Would be awesome to find the guy before he got hurt or had to spend the night in the cold.

We started driving the access roads to the place, and within an hour we found the guy walking.

He must have been tired because he agreed to get in the vehicle. But once he got in the car, he singled me out and started talking to me. He wanted me to take him someplace that I had never heard of -- and his big argument was this: He couldn't go back to the place 'cause they'd hook him up to the "poison 'n drip." "It's poison 'n drip!" he said, with a wild look in his eyes. "Poison 'n drip." "Takes the mind right out o' ya." "Poison 'n drip!" "Don't take me back to da poison 'n drip!" "Nooooo!" (as they dragged him away).

Needless to say, it put a damper on my day. I almost wanted to help the man make a run for it, lol.

The morphine-drip of info maybe functions the same, lol -- numb the mind of the people so they won't run.

LD

It was a metaphor of how the police have seemed to bring information out on Shelby slowly over the past few days since he has claimed police brutality. Not actual morphine.

Back
Top Bottom