Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

Thing is, it hasn't been the Dolphins saying anything about trying to trade for Watson. In fact, they have said the opposite and hired a QB coach that has worked with Tua. I think the "drama" is more in the minds of fans than the team.

Thing is, it hasn't been the Dolphins saying anything about trying to trade for Watson. In fact, they have said the opposite and hired a QB coach that has worked with Tua. I think the "drama" is more in the minds of fans than the team.
I think that's a good way to state it, the "drama" is more in the minds of fans than the team. I expect that the Dolphins will and should be involved in any trade talks that arise regarding Watson, but they are certainly not entering those conversations feeling any desperation to get a deal done. IMO, and I expect the team's opinion, they only make the trade if they feel that are able to keep enough draft capital to build the team around Watson. If they take on Watson's salary then they will be very limited in their cap flexibility and abilty to use FA to build. That would basically limit them to building through the draft. Building through the draft should always be the foundation, but you're rarely successful if that's all you do. The biggest consistency I've seen in everything that Miami has done since Grier took over is an emphasis on flexibility. I don't think they give that flexibility up to go from Tua to Watson.

Well I bet dolphins was one of them 18 team acquire about Watson. I dont know if dolphins going get watson, but they better be at leased trying get him.. there is nothing u can do this time yr anyway.. the season ain't over yet..

"Every player has principles until they lose a paycheck" v. "Every team has principles until they lose games" usually spells out disaster.
But, the Texans probably prefer to lose games in 2021. Latest is that Watt may be traded. Watson sits out. No early picks this year. Sounds like 1.1 in 2022 to me.

Obvious response for now since there's no reason for them to deal Watson just yet. Give him time to cool down and gauge whether there's a chance he will actually sit out or if he can be placated.

If we are sticking with Tua, then this would also be the best outcome for us, aside from him being dealt to the NFC. I don't want Watson in our division already having to deal with Josh Allen.

They are going trading watson..I will say this.. these new qb coming in nfl..you got be ready because I don't think these team going wait 3 or 4 yr for a young qb to develop..

Last edited:
This does not have to be from the Dolphins perspective (if you want to fine) my question is simply an NFL team needs a QB(colts,49ers,Washington FC) which player do "you" prefer and why?

I like both equally and would trade for the QB I get the best deal in terms of what compensation I would have to give up.

Let's get some feed back thanks!

I don't think Wilson is actually available.

I would go for Watson since he is much younger.

When Wilson loses a step he is going to plummet off a cliff.

Watson is having dinner and now getting pics with Dolphins players. He obviously wants to play there. But is it mutual and beneficial? Hard to say with how much the Dolphins would have to give up. I think the jests make the most sense for both teams. Watson wants to play for the jests, they have the picks, Darold, and some good D backfield pieces. When it goes down I think it will be jests 2nd, 23rd, 2022 first, 2023 second, and Darold for Watson. If I was making the move for the texans... I would swap out Darnold and ask for Becton, then draft Wilson. If the 49'ers can pull it off though....HOLY ****! That would make them a crazy dangerous team. Hard to see them making it work though. Wilson is going nowhere. He is tired of getting sacked and lighting a fire under managements arses.

Last edited:
Well wentz is gone..he need good yr in 2021. Kind of fall of in 2020

NOT A SINGLE QUARTERBACK drafted in the first round from 2009 to 2016 is still with his original team. That's 0 for 22, a batting average that would get someone fired if everyone weren't in the same boat.

Here's a tidbit I just saw on NFL.com, thats a shocker to be honest. Seems like picking up a QB in a trade or in FA is the most successful way to go...

Back
Top Bottom