Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

A lot of teams are inquiring but I bet the price tag is something ridiculous (3 first rounds picks, great player, and more draft picks) that teams are going to pass. I don't see Watson being traded because of this.

The only team I can see making a trade happen is the Jets as they can trade first round picks and still be able to pick in the first round due to the Jamal Adams trade. They can get Watson and still rebuild there team with picks.

He will be traded. It may not be in a couple months but once a player like that is upset, it's very rare that they just make up and pretend it never happend. Texans are being honest though they don't want to trade him but what are they going to do when Watson continues to ignore them? Itll be a stare down to see who blinks first and Watson will never be happy there.

I'm not so sure of that. But say you are right, there is no way I can see that they trade him before the draft, that's 3 off season months away, what pressure could Watson possibly exert during this period of no football ? After the draft is over, we suddenly do not the advantage of draft stock on other teams, so you can probably rule us out of the market.

He will be traded. It may not be in a couple months but once a player like that is upset, it's very rare that they just make up and pretend it never happend. Texans are being honest though they don't want to trade him but what are they going to do when Watson continues to ignore them? Itll be a stare down to see who blinks first and Watson will never be happy there.
If he ends up being traded it will be based on some exotic offer including premier players and out of the division to the likes of Carolina, Chicago or SF. Caserio being the good soldier will bend over backwards to justify a deal that doesn't make Belicheat's job more difficult, or to a team that will come back to haunt them in the Conference match ups....

e.g.: if Kingsbury is gone, as many AZ fans want, I could see a package including Kyler Murray, or for Carolina, Christian McCaffrey, Bridgewater and some firsts.

Of course anybody with any brains and football knowledge knows almost all teams will check in. I agree that the jests appear to be the front runner. I think Houston maybe a little more interested in their picks and Darnold. Their first round next year will most likely be a hell of a lot more valuable than the Dolphins. Would be interesting if two dysfunctional franchises can make something happen though?

Texans need a receiver to pair with Watson... offer them Parker for a 2022 and 2023 1st round pick. I love Parker, but for that price I make the trade. And before you say nobody's going to give you a pair of 1st round picks for Parker remember this is the Texans we're talking about. I would do it just to see the expression on Texans' fans faces thinking about Miami having their 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 1st round picks.

I say this all in jest of course, but on a serious note Parker and Watson would make for a good combination. I just don't want to see it in Miami. I want to ride the Tua train and enjoy the process and growth of a young qb.

Texans need a receiver to pair with Watson... offer them Parker for a 2022 and 2023 1st round pick. I love Parker, but for that price I make the trade. And before you say nobody's going to give you a pair of 1st round picks for Parker remember this is the Texans we're talking about. I would do it just to see the expression on Texans' fans faces thinking about Miami having their 2010, 2021, 2022 and 2023 1st round picks.

I say this all in jest of course, but on a serious note Parker and Watson would make for a good combination. I just don't want to see it in Miami. I want to ride the Tua train and enjoy the process and growth of a young qb.

I hear you but what Watson needs is actually receviers that get themselves open, Parker's more of a 50/50 throw it up there and I will compete type of guy. Watson is going to be holding onto the ball even longer than he already does waiting for Parker to get open. The ironic thing is we need that kind of receiver that gets open ourselves.

I don’t believe an oz of anything this time of year. Until you hear DW say he’s staying anything goes.

I also find it super funny how people take rumors so personally. Watson is in play for a bunch of teams and it is 100% speculation and silly talk at this point. It is fun for some to debate and weigh options.

I'm not so sure of that. But say you are right, there is no way I can see that they trade him before the draft, that's 3 off season months away, what pressure could Watson possibly exert during this period of no football ? After the draft is over, we suddenly do not the advantage of draft stock on other teams, so you can probably rule us out of the market.

Thats a good point, if Texans want to get a jump on this they would need to trade Watson before the draft to gain any sort of return for Watson, otherwise they would just have to wait until the 2022 draft. And if I'm a texans fan or in that front office then that would be extremely disappointing and would mean a even longer waiting period to reap any kind of benefits from trading Watson.

If he ends up being traded it will be based on some exotic offer including premier players and out of the division to the likes of Carolina, Chicago or SF. Caserio being the good soldier will bend over backwards to justify a deal that doesn't make Belicheat's job more difficult, or to a team that will come back to haunt them in the Conference match ups....

e.g.: if Kingsbury is gone, as many AZ fans want, I could see a package including Kyler Murray, or for Carolina, Christian McCaffrey, Bridgewater and some firsts.

If im the Cardinals, im definitely keeping Murray.

Panthers would be tough to swing. Bridgewater is just a guy at QB and the RB position doesn't have great value but I guess since its CMC its worth a 1st round pick but that RB contract isn't very pretty. Seems like a bold move for a 2nd year head coach in the NFL to get rid of the franchise best player and fan favorite (cmac) and ALSO giving away future draft capital after winning only 5 games. The Panthers as a franchise have never really made any splashy trades or big signings but maybe that will be different with Tepper now.

But I understand the idea of trading him outside the conference. 49ers would make sense, I'd rather have Jimmy G than Bridgewater although neither really excite me.

Actually, the best outcome for the Texans is to do nothing with Watson. If he's truly principled enough to sit out the whole season, that helps the Texans. It guarantees them the 1.1 in 2022 and since this is at least a 3 year rebuild, they won't miss him this year. Revisit next year especially if he's coming off getting no salary and paying a fortune in fines.
"Every player has principles until they lose a paycheck" v. "Every team has principles until they lose games" usually spells out disaster.

Back
Top Bottom