Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

The Texans can fine Watson if he chooses to sit out but Watson is still in fine shape. The fines won't come near the guaranteed cash in 2021. Either way there is no need to rush it at all. It is going to make for some interesting stories on Draft Day.

He should sit. Play with cancer or cancer free (no pay) time off. But this is most likely a very weak attempt at trying to get some sort of leverage. I do not care who this young man plays for. I am a fan of his talent. But he and all of us deserve to be happy. So I am rooting for the young man unless he goes to the jets. Then F him! :p

Has anyone made the "because those bastards on Wall St. stopped trading" joke yet?

I'm always late to these threads...

Here is my view on everything going on so far with Watson.

1. The Houston Texans right now are an absolute dumpster fire of an organization.
2. What else would Caserio and Culley say today? Of course they are going to say they have zero interest in trading him, saying anything else on January 29th just hurts them. Being committed to Watson today is all you really can do.
3. I do think Watson is upset and right now today does indeed want out as being reported.
4. No matter what, other teams are going to keep calling Houston. I bet you 2/3 of the league calls them, even teams that don't necessarily need a QB. But any chance to "improve immediately" is worth a call.
5. I don't think this story is going to end anytime soon. I think this is something that could potentially drag on for months.
6. I do think the Texans will do everything in their power to smooth things over with Watson.
7. The Texans are going to get teams offering historic compensation, probably 3 first round picks plus more.
8. I do think the Dolphins are one of the 2/3 that call. I think they probably would be willing to make a decent offer.
9. I also think the Dolphins are very happy and do believe in Tua as the long term franchise quarterback. But Waston is a top 5 QB today and Tua hopefully will be a top 5 QB in the future. But that is why Flores and Grier at least weigh it.
10. Calling the Texans and considering a trade for Watson is not an indictment against Tua or a sign the team doesn't believe in him.
11. In the end, I strongly feel that Houston will somehow make it work with Watson and there is no trade to any team.

10. Calling the Texans and considering a trade for Watson is not an indictment against Tua or a sign the team doesn't believe in him.

I wouldn't like to be the one that has to explain that to Tua.

I'm hopeful that our FO is smart enough not to get used here and doesn't get involved in any of this.

I'm hopeful that our FO is smart enough not to get used here and doesn't get involved in any of this.
I think Tua is smart enough and not too sensitive about it. All he can do is keep working hard and more likely than not he is the starter going forward.

Here is my view on everything going on so far with Watson.

1. The Houston Texans right now are an absolute dumpster fire of an organization.
2. What else would Caserio and Culley say today? Of course they are going to say they have zero interest in trading him, saying anything else on January 29th just hurts them. Being committed to Watson today is all you really can do.
3. I do think Watson is upset and right now today does indeed want out as being reported.
4. No matter what, other teams are going to keep calling Houston. I bet you 2/3 of the league calls them, even teams that don't necessarily need a QB. But any chance to "improve immediately" is worth a call.
5. I don't think this story is going to end anytime soon. I think this is something that could potentially drag on for months.
6. I do think the Texans will do everything in their power to smooth things over with Watson.
7. The Texans are going to get teams offering historic compensation, probably 3 first round picks plus more.
8. I do think the Dolphins are one of the 2/3 that call. I think they probably would be willing to make a decent offer.
9. I also think the Dolphins are very happy and do believe in Tua as the long term franchise quarterback. But Waston is a top 5 QB today and Tua hopefully will be a top 5 QB in the future. But that is why Flores and Grier at least weigh it.
11. In the end, I strongly feel that Houston will somehow make it work with Watson and there is no trade to any team.
#11 Deshawn will be unhappy but very rich for many years in Houston and a month from now nobody will remember this drama

I think Tua is smart enough and not too sensitive about it. All he can do is keep working hard and more likely than not he is the starter going forward.

He's a human being dude, it's going to effect him whether he admits it or not, whether it's now or in 4 years time when it comes to contract negotiations.

If they are as true to him as they told the media a few weeks ago he has been told he is their guy. Noise in the market is for over hyped fans on this forum.

He will be traded. It may not be in a couple months but once a player like that is upset, it's very rare that they just make up and pretend it never happend. Texans are being honest though they don't want to trade him but what are they going to do when Watson continues to ignore them? Itll be a stare down to see who blinks first and Watson will never be happy there.

Back
Top Bottom