Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

Watson, and Miami's emerging defense, puts the Dolphins in the running for a championship IMO.

If Grier can make the trade without giving up pick #3 that would be ideal. Then Miami could trade down and recoup some of the cost to obtain Watson.

That's probably unlikely, but thought I'd throw it out there.

The Jets have 5 First Round Picks? Oh boy. DS spends a lot of time in New York.......We would be effed.

No, they have two this year and two next year.

The extra picks are from Seattle, so later 1st round. 23rd overall this year, I believe.

Last edited:
Does anyone that posts this fantasy actually understand how the salary cap works? You do realize we would have to take on a 154M contract? Please stop. Not happening in Miami.
There are multiple posts about the cap hit of DW contract. The way it structured, we are well position, given our cap room situation.

Why don't you go look it up before making a ridiculous statement.

Does anyone that posts this fantasy actually understand how the salary cap works? You do realize we would have to take on a 154M contract? Please stop. Not happening in Miami.
If he continues to play at an All Pro level, His salary is actually going to look like a bargain in a year or 2 compared to what QB's like Mahomes just got, and QBs like Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, and maybe even Russel Wilson and Dak Prescott will be getting. Additionally, I think his cap hit next year is only around $10 million for his new team if he gets traded. Unless you are lucky enough to have a QB still on his rookie contract that is good enough to take you deep into the playoffs, his contract is the new norm. IMHO, having a top 5 or so QB is worth it.

No way he goes to the Jets.

They have less talent than Houston.
They are equally disfuntuanal as Houston.
They would have no draft picks to fix their team.

Watson knows these things. Again, no way he goes to NY. The media wishes and its them spinning this angle. Watson said he wants to play for Miami. He hasn't said anything about the Jets.
On top of it, given DW's social stance and we have minority HC and GM, we have inside track.

I hope he doesn’t bring those fumbled snaps in the tight red zone in one score games late with him to Miami that he had in Houston down the stretch this year

Back
Top Bottom