Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

9ers apperently will offer Jimmy G and a package deal, rumors from SF.

Watson is from Atlanta and they have the #4 pick to offer.

According to rumors around Watson, Miami is his preferred destination.
ROFL.... Jimmy G, what a deal breaker. Sorry 9ers

Does anyone that posts this fantasy actually understand how the salary cap works? You do realize we would have to take on a 154M contract? Please stop. Not happening in Miami.
Actually a number of cap gurus have explained how it would work just fine. Remember, you have to offset his contract with what would go the other way and the cap hit of those draft picks. Cap hit is under $16 million next year.

You've said this several times... why are you so sure? I'm curious.

It happens every year. A poster will pound the table in advocacy of their particular wants, then when unfulfilled....spends the whole season whining about it. Every. Single. Year.

He will force a trade. So we can put it ro rest about him back to Hou.

Jet could be in play. But if DW wants out of a dysfunctional organization, he would definitely not wants to go to NY.

That leave us, a team with young qb and #1s.

As much as I love Tua, when we drafted him, the highest ceiling we can hope for is a DW 2.0. Now that the original version is within reach, I say we make a play for it, and let Tua develop some place else.

And given DW wants out and has a say where he wants to go, I believe we can keep our 18 and one of the second, to get him weapons.

Like you said, best we can hope for is that Tua turns into 2.0 but DW is available and only 25 yo. I would love to have DW on our team but not at the cost they will want. I think the best thing to do is draft and build a team. DW is real expensive.

Like you said, best we can hope for is that Tua turns into 2.0 but DW is available and only 25 yo. I would love to have DW on our team but not at the cost they will want. I think the best thing to do is draft and build a team. DW is real expensive.

The other reason for building the team around say a Tua is the following. If Tua turns out to be the weak link then you create a situation like what Tampa Bay is experiencing. A ready to go team that just needed the right QB to come in and take them to the next level. On the other hand, If TB wasn't ready to go with all the surrounding talent then it wouldn't have mattered if they got Brady or some other QB. It's hard to elevate a team that just doesn't have the talent. Much easier to do with talent around.

thats not the point. One score games down the stretch was a failure

I doubt that’s a trend I’m just saying I don’t want any part of that down the stretch game on the line play in Miami

separate from there’s no way on this earth a building team still like Miami should pay that kinda price in trade. Contender yeah sure but Miami nah way too hefty any 3 #1s and 3 #2s
I hear you on the cost which is pricey no doubt but he is the real deal. I have watched him from Clemson on and even though the team sucks it's in no way his fault.

The other reason for building the team around say a Tua is the following. If Tua turns out to be the weak link then you create a situation like what Tampa Bay is experiencing. A ready to go team that just needed the right QB to come in and take them to the next level. On the other hand, If TB wasn't ready to go with all the surrounding talent then it wouldn't have mattered if they got Brady or some other QB. It's hard to elevate a team that just doesn't have the talent. Much easier to do with talent around.
Downside to that... is you end up with an old QB and it'll be one and done.

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing. We have so many picks and cap. Plus if Tua does turn out to be this left arm of Brees, he is cheap right now

Downside to that... is you end up with an old QB and it'll be one and done.

Not true at all! I just mention Brady as an example of a team that's ready to go. Let's not forget Big Ben, R.Wilson etc were rookiesthat went to teams that were ready made and ended up winning a chip.

Back
Top Bottom