Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

I will say though you need offsets for josh Allen and that Buffalo outfit going forward unless you plan on going the three road games to the super bowl route a lot. Assuming the pats don’t put a dent in your plans for the future...

this would give you one but at quite the cost and with risk that down the road you made the wrong decision with tua

Like you said, best we can hope for is that Tua turns into 2.0 but DW is available and only 25 yo. I would love to have DW on our team but not at the cost they will want. I think the best thing to do is draft and build a team. DW is real expensive.
Look at the remaining four teams in playoff. Good qb us worth every penny.

Not true at all! I just mention Brady as an example of a team that's ready to go. Let's not forget Big Ben, R.Wilson etc were rookiesthat went to teams that were ready made and ended up winning a chip.
I'll grant that it is possible... mahomes is also an example of this... but it is harder to get your guy when you are drafting 20th.

The other reason for building the team around say a Tua is the following. If Tua turns out to be the weak link then you create a situation like what Tampa Bay is experiencing. A ready to go team that just needed the right QB to come in and take them to the next level. On the other hand, If TB wasn't ready to go with all the surrounding talent then it wouldn't have mattered if they got Brady or some other QB. It's hard to elevate a team that just doesn't have the talent. Much easier to do with talent around.

Yeah but how many times is a QB of Brady's caliber available in free agency. The Ravens would have won a lot more Super Bowls during Lewis's prime if there were quality QB's readily available.

hes the real deal I won’t argue that...this is one year too early for Miami though imo

tua should get 2021 then go from there
I got you but that year may cost us our franchise qb. That being said I feel bad for internally thinking about DW because I am also a huge Tua guy

People , how many years we have been yearning for a top flight franchise qb. Now we have one available, and Tua is far from a sure thing.....We are arguing about it is beyond me.
The cap hit argument against DW is baffling to me. If Tua becomes what we all hope for we’re going to have to pay him anyway. And I get the whole that’s 3/4 years from now but it’s not like we’re going to win the Super Bowl next year even if Tua dramatically improved. You have to win a Super Bowl in steps. We’re not going to beat KC or Buffalo in a playoff game next year even if we went say 12-4 we’re still not going to beat either of them bc a young team has to learn how to win in playoff football. Playoff football is a totally different level than regular season football. So I think we’re at minimum 2 years away with Tua and that’s assuming he progresses into what we hope he’ll be. But with DW I still think we’re probably not going to make the Super Bowl this coming year but 2022 we would have a legit shot at it.

we dodged a bullet by the Jets not getting Trevor Lawrence and you can make whatever joke you want about how bad of a franchise they are etc. but when you get a marque player like that, it changes things fast.

But now we will be miserable if Watson gets traded to the jets, because again it changes things when you get a superstar like Watson playing for your team. And I would be obligated to come on here and troll everyone with the I told you so.

we dodged a bullet by the Jets not getting Trevor Lawrence and you can make whatever joke you want about how bad of a franchise they are etc. but when you get a marque player like that, it changes things fast.

But now we will be miserable if Watson gets traded to the jets, because again it changes things when you get a superstar like Watson playing for your team. And I would be obligated to come on here and troll everyone with the I told you so.
And what if Watson gets these great QB seasons but the Jets still lose games while Tua thrives in Miami and makes the playoffs year in year out? Will you feel the need to come on here and tell everyone "I told you so not so much"? Just curious...

Does anyone that posts this fantasy actually understand how the salary cap works? You do realize we would have to take on a 154M contract? Please stop. Not happening in Miami.

So if Tua becomes a star and its time to resign him in a few years from now, we let him walk? do you understand how the salary cap and how inflation works?

And what if Watson gets these great QB seasons but the Jets still lose games while Tua thrives in Miami and makes the playoffs year in year out? Will you feel the need to come on here and tell everyone "I told you so not so much"? Just curious...

Yes, like i said, I dont have anything against Tua, I wanted him here, I still have hope for him. But I would feel more comfortable with a proven talent like Watson. we won 10 games this year with fitz and rookie Tua. imagine B-Flo and watson together for the next 10 years.

Miami needs to start making moves to not have to go the three road playoff games route in the postseason.

you may get there that route once in a blue moon you will get bounced more often than not and probably earlier than your team level should suggest.

one thing I noticed about all 4 remaining QBs this year they’ve all got plus arms. Arms that don’t get effected by elements. Arms where 18 yard routes in the middle of the field are in play at all times.

that’s probably my one biggest tua flag going forward I can’t have that arm in the elements. He’s got to make some arm strides...

or I got to have home playoff games

Miami needs to start making moves to not have to go the three road playoff games route in the postseason.

you may get there that route once in a blue moon you will get bounced more often than not and probably earlier than your team level should suggest.

one thing I noticed about all 4 remaining QBs this year they’ve all got plus arms. Arms that don’t get effected by elements. Arms where 18 yard routes in the middle of the field are in play at all times.

that’s probably my one biggest tua flag going forward I can’t have that arm in the elements. He’s got to make some arm strides...

or I got to have home playoff games

I agree! Imagine Brees playing in Green Bay on Sunday. His arm wouldn’t have been up for it.

Back
Top Bottom