Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

No. Have you even looked at the mess the Texans are in? That’s apparently what clueless Miami fans like you want. One massive contract and no picks.
You keep blowing hot air without numbers to back it up. All you said is Hou mess, Hou mess.
Give me numbers, his contract structure, our cap situation and potential cap increase, and how our other high paying players salary structures.

If not, shut the f up.

the only thing I disagree with here is I think you are a playoff team in 2021 with watson at qb regardless of what else you add.

I mean you gonna add some pieces no doubt but watson is a outlook changer in terms of what level qb play he brings. If he doesn’t take some bad sacks. Which he does do at times

the part about him being a good soldier once he arrives I think is a valid one. What keeps him from saying I want out of Miami in 2 years? Not to mention he didn’t have any problem signing that massive extension with Houston last offseason. I doubt all that much changed since then in terms of his outlook pretty sure he signed that after Hopkins was already dealt too

so is he starting to get bigger than the team
I was thinking the same but the way just reacted and now A Johnson, who knows

The most I give is Tua, the 18, and their 2nd back. Houston has literally no say, they're the ones backed in a corner not us.
With the no trade claus, DW got them by the ball. Unless he really doesn't care where he ends up.

Last edited:
Exactly, if he's gonna keep rejecting trash teams then Tua, the 18 and their 2nd back is the best offer they'll get. I can't see another team who DW would accept offering something better.

The only trade i entertain for Watson includes X. That would help offset the future money and gives us more balance in the cap's distribution of D vs. O.

Him going to the Jets makes no sense. Any team in the league for the most part thinks they have a chance at getting him. But his no-trade clause limits his choices to 6-8 teams from what I understand.

Why the hell would he go to New York?

You know what? He’s not worth trading your future + someone like X away for. I thought he was going to be a transformational player when I watched him his rookie year. But the reality is he’s had one truly great season - 2020 - and they went 4-12. He’s been sacked a ton for someone who’s so mobile + he has all world LT Tunsil protecting him (sarcasm). We fleeced the Texans. Don’t screw it up by allowing them to get us back. The bevy of picks it will take - meh - count me out. Let someone else give up multiple 1’s, 2’s and a couple of their best players. If we do that it blows everything up we’ve been building. You’d never see NE do something like this under Kraft/BB and I doubt Flores would be on board as well.

The 2020 Fins win 10 games maybe 5 times out of a 100... Without going deep into it... They lose the LV game 99% of the time and with TO ratio alone lose 1-2 more games if the luck aspect was 50/50 this season, which it was not... People dont want to believe this but not throwing INTs was reason #2 the Fins won 10 games. Reason #1 the astronomical amounts of INts by the team.

Outside of this, its flat out luck, being top 5 in fumble recovery and bottom 1/3rd in fumbles lost.
Sure, but we were only in that position b/c our offensive play was so abysmal. Same goes for the Denver loss. You can add Seattle to the mix of games we certainly could've won if we had a stud like Watson. The TO ratio was clearly a huge part of our success, but we were also 3-4 in one score games so its not like we squeaked by with a bunch of close wins like we did in 2016 where we were 8-2 in one score games.

About the plus arm... someone posted a chart of a couple of QBs with their ball velocity and release time... Do you know which QB was the most similar to Tua, actually up to 2 decimal points? Yup! Deshaun Watson. They basically had the same numbers...

That pretty much depends on how Watson wants to play his cards, thing is, the better the price means he's being an ******* about it and the less I see a guy like Flores wanting that type of behavior on the team... Basically, the cheaper he is, the less I expect the Fins to have any interest imo... In other words, I just dont see it happening. I enjoy the strategy aspect of the discussion though. It's an interesting situation to analyse.

The 2020 Fins win 10 games maybe 5 times out of a 100... Without going deep into it... They lose the LV game 99% of the time and with TO ratio alone lose 1-2 more games if the luck aspect was 50/50 this season, which it was not... People dont want to believe this but not throwing INTs was reason #2 the Fins won 10 games. Reason #1 the astronomical amounts of INts by the team.

Outside of this, its flat out luck, being top 5 in fumble recovery and bottom 1/3rd in fumbles lost.

id like to see this chart cause while I agree watson doesn’t have a cannon he has a better arm in the pros than the college version and I don’t buy for a second that his intermediate 20 yard area velocity was similar to tuas...underneath yep I can get down with that but the Texans offense didn’t morph into flats and tight end outflank primary’s with watson either. So I’m saying those numbers are skewed...

as for what carried this team in 2020 Id say it was the scoring defense #1 and the forced turnovers or turnover ratio number 2 if I had to put something on it

Back
Top Bottom