Deshaun Watson mega thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson mega thread

I have decided that after the brief glint of hope I had in the intellect of the average Dolphins fan after seeing the poll results, it has now reverted to back to full on moron mode. Newsflash: look at the Texans. They have a 154M contract, no draft picks and no money. No thank you. Not happening. Most of you have more hope landing a supermodel than that outcome.
You keep blowing hot air without numbers to back it up. All you said is Hou mess, Hou mess.
Give me numbers, his contract structure, our cap situation and potential cap increase, and how our other high paying players salary structures.

If not, shut the f up.
You are not the speech police or a mod so you don’t get to decide what anyone says. I can say whatever the hell I want because this is a public message board. Miami isn’t trading for a 154M QB, trading our best player and our future. Only morons who can’t do basic math and have the IQ of a brick would think that’s ok. How many times does the FO have to say it? We aren’t making this asinine trade because we would become the Texans. Anyone else want to become the Texans?

I can see the Jets angle. BTW, They'd be foolish not to push hard to get him.

I said from the very beginning about the smoke behind the fire that MIA clearly makes the most sense. And not by a little.

There are some fans here at FH that are IMO oddly not in on a trade for Watson claiming that it would somehow place MIA in the same position that HOU is currently in. Well, that’s nowhere near true — which Watson must also clearly see — because he sees MIA as a place he can win.

However, for the two teams with as much draft capital as MIA (JAX and NYJ) they would be in nearly the identical situation as HOU.

They are the only 2 teams to finish behind HOU in the standings this past season. They both lack a lot of talent. They‘ve made coaching changes that are unproven as yet. In trading away the capital to get Deshaun Watson, they’d be forgoing strong opportunity to improve via the draft for the next few drafts. And it’s hard to pick up a lot talent via FA without severely hampering your future financial flexibility.

MIA, however, already has a good team. Not elite. But better than average. They have a top 5 defense. They’ve already invested heavily in their oline, which showed improvement this past season. They also have a HC in the running for coach of the year. That players around the league seem to want to play for.

In short, MIA is not in the same situation as JAX or NYJ or HOU. They could afford to trade away a current player, and several draft picks. Say #3, #35, 2022 1st. Even one more 1st if that’s what it takes.

Landing one of the best, most proven QB’s in the league and keeping #18 , #50 would allow them build upon the offense immediately. They could also add a play maker via FA. Say Allen Robinson or Curtis Samuel.

And with #18 maybe they get lucky and Jaylen Waddle falls. If not, they could draft one of the WR prospects rated behind Smith, Chase, and Waddle. Then with #50 select a RB or OL.

This team could be set up really nice in 2021

Im sorry, but the Dolphins havent even smelled a QB as good as Watson this millenium. Ive heard the same excuses spouted off for Tannehill for years as the ones given for Tua. Watson had receivers no better than Miami and managed to throw for 4800 yards and bring his team back many times. His contract is what a top 5 QB is paid, so is it better to have cap space and a QB with potential or a sure thing at the most important position and go from there?

When we had Marino, we had a chance to win every game, even down 21 in the 4th. With Watson you have a leader who is tops at his craft. Tua is hope, lets get the sure thing.

This team is NOT one Deshaun Watson away from the Super Bowl. Period.

Who the **** is he gonna throw to? Parker gets hurt watching McDonalds commercials. Besides him.....We don’t have 1 receiver that could get open in a good high school league.

Gesicki is decent.... But he only wins 1 out of every 5 snaps. We don’t need a great receiver or Tight end you say?

OK....Who the **** is gonna run the ****en ball? Gaskin weighs 190 and will be worn down by game 9. Other than that....Who else is NFL Caliber in the running back room?

How about that great OL we have? Oh wait..... They’re not that good it turns out. Yes....They’re young. But they weren’t that great. Should we **** can them too?

See where I’m going with this? We need a lot more than DW to challenge for the AFC Crown much less the AFC East.

I’ve said it before....Is DW better than Tua right now? Absolutely. Will he be better than Tua in 2 years? No one knows. That includes the Tua Haters and the Tua fan boys. Stay put. Use your draft picks and cap space to fill the holes on this team. Then you see what Tua has. It’s the only thing that makes sense in my book.

This team is NOT one Deshaun Watson away from the Super Bowl. Period.

Who the **** is he gonna throw to? Parker gets hurt watching McDonalds commercials. Besides him.....We don’t have 1 receiver that could get open in a good high school league.

Gesicki is decent.... But he only wins 1 out of every 5 snaps. We don’t need a great receiver or Tight end you say?

OK....Who the **** is gonna run the ****en ball? Gaskin weighs 190 and will be worn down by game 9. Other than that....Who else is NFL Caliber in the running back room?

How about that great OL we have? Oh wait..... They’re not that good it turns out. Yes....They’re young. But they weren’t that great. Should we **** can them too?

See where I’m going with this? We need a lot more than DW to challenge for the AFC Crown much less the AFC East.

I’ve said it before....Is DW better than Tua right now? Absolutely. Will he be better than Tua in 2 years? No one knows. That includes the Tua Haters and the Tua fan boys. Stay put. Use your draft picks and cap space to fill the holes on this team. Then you see what Tua has. It’s the only thing that makes sense in my book.
We will still have draft picks and cap space. His cap hit is only 10 million this year which means we could still go into FA and spend some. Plus we’ll still have our 2 round pick and beyond we’d just need our scouting to be on point and find those gems. DVP and MG ain’t no scrubs. They can play. If Fitz/Tua can win 10 with this roster then DW can at the very least duplicate that with a round of FA and draft picks added to it plus a full year experience for the OL.

I'm not gonna start a new thread, but (I'm being totally serious) can someone please explain to me what the big ****ing deal is about Deshaun Watson?

Is it just Tua haters?

He played for a 4 win team that afforded us the #3 overall pick, and we want him as our QB why?
Tua with no offseason, coming off a major injury, and no real receivers to speak of, still had a solid rookie season, why exactly do we want to replace him?

These aren't rhetorical questions, I'd really love to know what the logic is. Watson isn't gonna want to go to a team where he isn't starting, we already know Tua is starter, and that's not even talking about the cap hit.

With the no trade claus, DW got them by the ball. Unless he really doesn't care where he ends up.

Exactly, if he's gonna keep rejecting trash teams then Tua, the 18 and their 2nd back is the best offer they'll get. I can't see another team who DW would accept offering something better.
I see this point being made alot... This might actually hurt the odds of Watson getting any interest from the Fins imo. A player holding a whole organization by the balls sounds good on message boards. But put yourself in an owner's shoes for a second,

I dont see how an NFL owner looks at this and doesnt ask himself:

"What really prevents him from doing the same to me?"

Again Im not saying its even likely to happens with Watson for the remainder of his career, but the more he tries to "hold their balls" the more doubt he sows... And the less likely a guy like Flores( and Ross ultimately) is to be interested IMO

We will still have draft picks and cap space. His cap hit is only 10 million this year which means we could still go into FA and spend some. Plus we’ll still have our 2 round pick and beyond we’d just need our scouting to be on point and find those gems. DVP and MG ain’t no scrubs. They can play. If Fitz/Tua can win 10 with this roster then DW can at the very least duplicate that with a round of FA and draft picks added to it plus a full year experience for the OL.
First of all...You have no idea what the compensation for DW would be. So you don’t know what draft picks we would have. His cap hit is only 10 Mil this year....But we are projected to have only 25 mil in space. Subtract the 10 you’re paying DW and now you have to make some cuts and do some restructuring in order to fill holes. DVP isn’t a scrub.....When he’s not hurt. Unfortunately, he’s hurt almost constantly. MG is up and coming....But I wouldn’t consider him great right now.

Like I said..... We aren’t DW away from a Super Bowl.

I'm not gonna start a new thread, but (I'm being totally serious) can someone please explain to me what the big ****ing deal is about Deshaun Watson?

Is it just Tua haters?

He played for a 4 win team that afforded us the #3 overall pick, and we want him as our QB why?
Tua with no offseason, coming off a major injury, and no real receivers to speak of, still had a solid rookie season, why exactly do we want to replace him?

These aren't rhetorical questions, I'd really love to know what the logic is. Watson isn't gonna want to go to a team where he isn't starting, we already know Tua is starter, and that's not even talking about the cap hit.
If DW is traded here and we somehow kept Tua (we wouldn’t) but we somehow did Tua would absolutely not be the starting QB that’d be DW and it wouldn’t be close. Dude accounted for 83% of his teams total offense this year. That’s the best for a single player in a season in NFL history. They weren’t 4-12 bc of him.

First of all...You have no idea what the compensation for DW would be. So you don’t know what draft picks we would have. His cap hit is only 10 Mil this year....But we are projected to have only 25 mil in space. Subtract the 10 you’re paying DW and now you have to make some cuts and do some restructuring in order to fill holes. DVP isn’t a scrub.....When he’s not hurt. Unfortunately, he’s hurt almost constantly. MG is up and coming....But I wouldn’t consider him great right now.

Like I said..... We aren’t DW away from a Super Bowl.
But if we move Tua and the 2 1sts which is what I'd expect, its a wash on the salaries.

But if we move Tua and the 2 1sts which is what I'd expect, its a wash on the salaries.
What do we do in 2 years if Tua is lighting up the league in Houston? Try and trade to get him back?

What do we do in 2 years if Tua is lighting up the league in Houston? Try and trade to get him back?
There's a lot of what ifs. that's not what I was responding to. just looking at the salary angle you addressed.

Back
Top Bottom