Deshaun Watson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson

Glad we didn't sign watson...we had the qb of the future and some didn't know it.

Glad we signed McDaniels and had a vision. So far that vision in 100 percent accurate.

I don’t understand the fascination of this board when it comes to other QB's. You all love putting them down toelevate Tua. All QB’s will throw an INT or fumble at some point during the season some more than others. Didn’t Tua not fumble last year vs 49ers that was returned for a TD? So far this season has he not had his fair share of fumbles on the snap, while directly under center? He also has his share of INTs, if we are being honest they were INT where the receivers are not given a chance to adjust to the ball. That is more of a concern than a pick 6 that bounces off the receiver's hand or tipped that falls into the defender's hands. Watson did fumble and that’s on him **** happens. Right now he isn’t playing like an elite QB, but the season is still early.
Says the poster who pushed for Watson

Feels so good to be right. I kept making the same arguments:
1. Houston went 4-12 in 2020 with Watson playing every game.
2. When we tried to trade for him in 2021, he was on the last year of his rookie deal. Due a new a massive contract.
3. That year, Tua had a cap hit of $6.8m. He had 3 more years on his rookie deal.
4. We would have had to give up multiple first round picks to get Watson.
5. We would have had to give up several high-profile players to fit Watson's new deal under the cap.
6. We would have no future flexibility to improve the roster.
7. Watson's skillset projects to get worse as he ages.
8. Tua's skillset projects to get better as he ages.
9. And cmon, who wants a sexual predator as the face of your franchise???

He's garbage on and off the field. He's a shell of the player he was in Houston. Congrats, Cleveland! You paid a kings ransom for a fuggin creep.

I don’t understand the fascination of this board when it comes to other QB's. You all love putting them down toelevate Tua. All QB’s will throw an INT or fumble at some point during the season some more than others. Didn’t Tua not fumble last year vs 49ers that was returned for a TD? So far this season has he not had his fair share of fumbles on the snap, while directly under center? He also has his share of INTs, if we are being honest they were INT where the receivers are not given a chance to adjust to the ball. That is more of a concern than a pick 6 that bounces off the receiver's hand or tipped that falls into the defender's hands. Watson did fumble and that’s on him **** happens. Right now he isn’t playing like an elite QB, but the season is still early.
I never wanted the pervert to begin with. It has nothing to do with elevating Tua. I just have absolutely no respect for the man Watson is. I was extremely happy the day he was traded to the Browns because that made the chance of him coming to the Dolphins a moot point.

Whether he ends up being a good QB for the Browns or not is irrelevant to me. I am just happy that Flores didn’t get his way and the Dolphins traded for him. I also believe Tua is better than Watson at this stage of their careers
but 2 years ago Watson was viewed as the better QB. I still didn’t want the Dolphins to trade for him.

I loathed the guy and got into several disagreements here regarding the ill-fated desire of so many tards who wanted us to trade for his rotten ass. I was among those who publicly stated if Miami got him they would lose me for life - even after 45 years of fandom. Glad we stuck with Tua - even though those of us who defended him were often outnumbered!

The only thing that would make the happy ending to this story even funnier is if Baker Mayfield continues to lead the Bucs to a division title this season. LOL Brownies!

This fool ends up throwing an interception returned for a TD and fumbles the ball for a TD. I remember when some fans where pounding to get him and getting rid of Tua. Definitely dodged a bullet here.
I dont blame fans for wanting him at the time. Bottom line is they just wanted a better team or performance from the QB to help our team. That being said, I'm soooooooo glad we didn't get him.

I said it many times, Watson is not a good QB. I never saw what others saw in him, but if you guys wanted him, all power to you guys.
Bro, before all the drama, dude was lighting it up... its fair to say he's not good anymore but to say he wasn't ever good is just false.

Illl eat some crow. I was one that pounded the table for Watson despite the allegations at the time. Was not sold on Tua and was basing opinion off Houston Watson, not the shell that is Deshaun Watson on the Browns.

Glad for Tua, glad to be wrong, and glad to be a fins fan no matter what.

Illl eat some crow. I was one that pounded the table for Watson despite the allegations at the time. Was not sold on Tua and was basing opinion off Houston Watson, not the shell that is Deshaun Watson on the Browns.

Glad for Tua, glad to be wrong, and glad to be a fins fan no matter what.
Nothing wrong with being wrong. I did that once lol. Oops I stole Rays line.

Back
Top Bottom