Deshaun Watson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson

Illl eat some crow. I was one that pounded the table for Watson despite the allegations at the time. Was not sold on Tua and was basing opinion off Houston Watson, not the shell that is Deshaun Watson on the Browns.

Glad for Tua, glad to be wrong, and glad to be a fins fan no matter what.
Good on ya.

I never wanted anything to do with the scumbag.I don't think I could have cheered for the team if he was the QB.

He is the only player i would be happy to see severly injured.

Browns and Broncos really hamstrung themselves with some bad QB trades.

With Chubb out for the year the Browns are really in dire straights.

Browns and Broncos really hamstrung themselves with some bad QB trades.

With Chubb out for the year the Browns are really in dire straights.
The Browns have plenty of cap space if they are interested in trading for Taylor once he comes off PUP with the Colts. They don’t have a first round pick to trade for him but they do have 8 total picks in the 2024 draft.

Whether they would want to trade for Taylor and pay him the money he wants to sign a new contract is questionable but if Chubb is out for the season, Taylor would obviously be their best option if they are looking to replace Chubb.

Feels so good to be right. I kept making the same arguments:
1. Houston went 4-12 in 2020 with Watson playing every game.
This always stuck out to me, too. His stats were good, but what elite QB has ever gone 4-12 in a season playing every game? Especially in the past 15-20 years? If your team has an elite healthy QB, you're at the very least in the playoff hunt up until the very end

In retrospect, I wonder about Bill OBrien's OL and Watson more and more. BOB made that trade for Tunsil because Watson was getting sacked so much.

It seems likely, as I watch him the past two seasons, that Watson was making the OL look worse than they were.

Also, he should have gotten a warning after the first egregious face mask pull. The second should have been a DQ.

A self-aware Dolphin fan who was pounding the table for Watson would realize that the Dolphins would have been so much worse off if anybody had listened to them. They would recognize that they are bad at evaluating QBs and think twice (or three times) before making such ridiculous statements in the future.

Deshaun Watson has been overrated his entire career, much like Russell Wilson. Tannehill has always been a better QB than both Wilson and Watson, anyone could've won the SB with that Seahawks team that destroyed Peyton Manning. Just glad Wilson has finally been exposed outside the comfort of Seattle, while Tannehill is still dropping 60yd bombs and willing his team to victory against good teams like the Chargers.

I never wanted that d-bag. Ever. I've been a Tua home since the day we drafted him. Calling myself a Tua homer now is an understatement!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom