Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room

What do other clubs think of our RBs? Good group?
I’m sure no state tax is an edge for Taylor. Is coach McDaniels scheme an attraction? How about his statement to run more?
The no state tax isn’t as big as issue as some people make it out to be. Players have to pay the state tax whenever they play a game outside Florida if the state they are playing in has a state tax. So Dolphin players end up paying a state tax on nearly half the games they play each season.

Also living in South Florida has become extremely expensive in recent years. So I don’t think Taylor would end up keeping more of his money than he would if he stays in Indy or ends up getting traded to another team.

Well, it's either Chris Grier calls around and checks on players on the trading block - at EVERY position - or he just sits at home drinking Fiji water and jacking off.

What's not being reported is that he's probably/hopefully calling every team 3x as much trying to find OL help and depth.

I prefer he does his job than jack off, personally.

Nothing more to see here.

I vote simultaneously because that shows his ability to multi-task, a must for any GM worth his salt.

Taylor is as good as any RB in the NFL and a dream fit for this offense. It makes sense for Miami to check on his availability and to see if his contract wants make sense for the organization.

I think you go from having a sneaky-good group of RB's to one if the very best with Taylor. There's clearly value in that. How much value? Idk Taylor might be good enough for me to go against my usual stance on spending on and paying RB's.

I don't think Miami needs Taylor, but Taylor undoubtedly makes Miami scarier/more difficult to deal with.

This is the obvious part.

The tricky part is who are you willing to lose so the group that won't get enough touches to begin can get a little better. I don't think Taylor moves the needle too much and I think the players they will lose will hurt those positions more than Taylor helps his.

I'd love to have him if it made sense ... ample cap room, coming to a team that featured a back, etc.. I just see this hurting more than helping, especially long term.

This is the obvious part.

The tricky part is who are you willing to lose so the group that won't get enough touches to begin can get a little better. I don't think Taylor moves the needle too much and I think the players they will lose will hurt those positions more than Taylor helps his.

I'd love to have him if it made sense ... ample cap room, coming to a team that featured a back, etc.. I just see this hurting more than helping, especially long term.

Fair tbh. It's a tough call.

I think it depends on how much McDaniel and Grier believe they've succeeded in balancing the offense. More than the run/pass - the space they threaten. If they project a combination of EE, Achane, Barrios, Mostert, Wilson, and the TE's can take advantage of touches underneath and the space created by Hill and Waddle, they're probably willing to be patient and prioritize signing their own like you suggest.

If there's any doubt, signing Taylor should be an instant fix. He also keeps Mostert and Achane fresh and slides them to dangerous change-ups.

So, I can understand either side on this one. I think Taylor, McCaffrey, Henry, and Chubb are the exceptional RB's in the league - the ones who demand extra attention - and Taylor is the youngest and fastest of that group, which makes him a particularly good fit. If they can stay healthy, Hall and Robinson should join that group.

Fair tbh. It's a tough call.

I think it depends on how much McDaniel and Grier believe they've succeeded in balancing the offense. More than the run/pass - the space they threaten. If they project a combination of EE, Achane, Barrios, Mostert, Wilson, and the TE's can take advantage of touches underneath and the space created by Hill and Waddle, they're probably willing to be patient and prioritize signing their own like you suggest.

If there's any doubt, signing Taylor should be an instant fix. He also keeps Mostert and Achane fresh and slides them to dangerous change-ups.

So, I can understand either side on this one. I think Taylor, McCaffrey, Henry, and Chubb are the exceptional RB's in the league - the ones who demand extra attention - and Taylor is the youngest and fastest of that group, which makes him a particularly good fit. If they can stay healthy, Hall and Robinson should join that group.
if this was to happen and Indy gets one of our RB's as part of the deal, who would you rather lose, Mostert or Wilson?

if this was to happen and Indy gets one of our RB's as part of the deal, who would you rather lose, Mostert or Wilson?

For this year, I'd rather keep Mostert. He's faster/more explosive, and JT would get the short-yardage touches anyway. Wilson is younger, but I'd still lean toward Mostert.

Aggressively might be overstating.

If we can bring in superior talent at a discount price, sure. That's just common sense.

Is the fact that we contact teams for a chat a sign of desperation? I would say not at all. More due diligence with an eye towards value, IMO.
Also don’t forget, we may have assets ourselves that we are exploring trading for a running back. Cedric Wilson anyone? Or maybe even Jonathan Ogbah? Of course we are shaking every tree…

Getting Taylor takes the load off of our back up QB's when Tua misses games as he has every season

That is the reason I'd be all in on getting him

Back
Top Bottom