Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room

What do other clubs think of our RBs? Good group?
I’m sure no state tax is an edge for Taylor. Is coach McDaniels scheme an attraction? How about his statement to run more?

Like I said, of course we'd love to have him but at what price?

Agree. It seems too many see one variable and forget there are hundreds. Yeah, sign Taylor. While we're at it, give Wilkins what he asks. And start working on Seiler and a couple of others and avoid the coming drama. Cap? what's that? Money for emergencies? don't worry about it. And all the players up for contracts/extensions this coming winter? we'll worry about that in February.
I may be odd man out, but I won't be shocked in Miami/wilkins never reach a deal. I'd love to see him retire as a Fin, but Mcd has to decide how important Wilkins is compared to all the other looming contracts. How important is adding Taylor compared to possible needs that pop up during the season and if Taylor wants a long-term deal.
All these variables, and many more, are considerations FH can happily ignore. Of course, it's much easier for those who think the cap is a myth.

Taylor is as good as any RB in the NFL and a dream fit for this offense. It makes sense for Miami to check on his availability and to see if his contract wants make sense for the organization.

I think you go from having a sneaky-good group of RB's to one if the very best with Taylor. There's clearly value in that. How much value? Idk Taylor might be good enough for me to go against my usual stance on spending on and paying RB's.

I don't think Miami needs Taylor, but Taylor undoubtedly makes Miami scarier/more difficult to deal with.
Can you talk a little about the scheme fit relative to his skillset?

Can you talk a little about the scheme fit relative to his skillset?

Sure, Taylor has an elite combination of size, speed, and burst.

He ran a 4.39 at 226 lbs - 1.54 10-yard split.

That's the most important aspect of a RB in this offense. The creases will be there. Do you have the juice to get there, and do you have enough size, when combined with your speed, to run through arm tackles. The better a guy can do those two things, the better he'll be in this offense.

Taylor is the biggest sub-4.4 RB by about 10 lbs - think Breece Hall is the next biggest.

Taylor has the skills to run any offensive system - gap or zone, shotgun or under center - and Shanahan and McDaniel have used more gap concepts as they've seen more 2-high.

Taylor has demanded attention throughout his college and professional career. If he comes to Miami, something has to give. Either defenses take their chances with Hill and Waddle, or they give Taylor space he's never seen.

Prior to 2022, Taylor also had a higher yards per target avg than Christian McCaffrey. He's not as skilled as McCaffrey, but he's more explosive, and he's been very solid in that regard as a pro. Again, he should have more space than he's seen as an adult.

Last edited:
Sure, Taylor has an elite combination of size, speed, and burst.

He ran a 4.39 at 226 lbs - 1.54 10-yard split.

That's the most important aspect of a RB in this offense. The creases will be there. Do you have the juice to get there, and do you have enough size, when combined with your speed, to run through arm tackles. The better a guy can do those two things, the better he'll be in this offense.

Taylor is the biggest sub-4.4 RB by about 10 lbs - think Breece Hall is the next biggest.

Taylor has the skills to run any offensive system - gap or zone, shotgun or under center - and Shanahan and McDaniel have used more gap concepts as they've seen more 2-high.

Taylor has demanded attention throughout his college and professional career. If he comes to Miami, something has to give. Either defenses take their chances with Hill and Waddle, or they give Taylor space he's never seen.

Prior to 2022, Taylor also had a higher yards per target avg than Christian McCaffrey. He's not as skilled as McCaffrey, but he's more explosive, and he's been very solid in that regard as a pro. Again, he should have more space than he's seen as an adult.
Thanks for that, I wonder what he ran scheme wise in Wisconsin? When Ingold was his fullback

What does it say to Wilkins if we make a big signing before giving him his extension. Just wondering out loud.

Maybe they believe they can be just as successful without him due to fangios scheme and they're letting him sit out so he sees it and lowers his number.

I think some people are bending over backwards to downplay how consistently and insistently we've been looking to upgrade the run game.
Amen. You don’t have to be a revisionist to choose Igbo over Taylor, but that’s exactly what our FO did.

What does it say to Wilkins if we make a big signing before giving him his extension. Just wondering out loud.

Maybe they believe they can be just as successful without him due to fangios scheme and they're letting him sit out so he sees it and lowers his number.
Wilkins will be signed, guaranteed, if not then we’ll know we have the wrong front office

HA! I am a dumbass!

Completely agree with your opinion here. Yeah, I think they'd be lucky to get a 4th out of anyone. DARNOLD had a nice preseason, maybe a change of scenery & a different offence helps this guy. MAYBE.
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, if I were you. I'm pretty sure Lance was drafted the year McDaniel was the OC for SF.

Agree. It seems too many see one variable and forget there are hundreds. Yeah, sign Taylor. While we're at it, give Wilkins what he asks. And start working on Seiler and a couple of others and avoid the coming drama. Cap? what's that? Money for emergencies? don't worry about it. And all the players up for contracts/extensions this coming winter? we'll worry about that in February.
I may be odd man out, but I won't be shocked in Miami/wilkins never reach a deal. I'd love to see him retire as a Fin, but Mcd has to decide how important Wilkins is compared to all the other looming contracts. How important is adding Taylor compared to possible needs that pop up during the season and if Taylor wants a long-term deal.
All these variables, and many more, are considerations FH can happily ignore. Of course, it's much easier for those who think the cap is a myth.
You mean money is finite? Tell that to my wife.

Back
Top Bottom