Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room

Because we aren’t paying above market value. That doesn’t mean we’re not aggressively pursuing an elite RB, even if it’s for one year. We are.
That's exactly what it means, FFS. If one comes along at a good price point, fine. That's not "aggressive".

I love how folks make up new definitions of words ..LMAO.

I agree, aggressive is not the right word.

Aggressive would be overpaying.

The story today says that Miami is interested in Taylor but only up to a certain price, presumably the draft pick compensation required not the contract for Taylor.

Start Chris Brooks and bring on Devon Achane as 3rd down back/change of pace!

That'll teach 'em!!!!!
What planet are you on? Brooks looked quite good but he's more likely to be on the practice squad than make the roster, yet alone be our starting RB.

Aggressively might be overstating.

If we can bring in superior talent at a discount price, sure. That's just common sense.

Is the fact that we contact teams for a chat a sign of desperation? I would say not at all. More due diligence with an eye towards value, IMO.
Mach you are the voice of reason, thank you brother

When you don't pick elite RBs in the draft - ever - you're gonna need to upgrade the room with trades at a much higher prices.
Yeah it’s not a RB league but we shoulda drafted Taylor. Even the Patsies would invest here and there in higher round RBs once in a while.

I will say though - that I don’t see this as a deal breaker w respect to winning a SB. Just once in a while if a big time talent is on the board and it’s them vs an Iggybananas, take the talented RB.

I've been wondering the same thing. Coach McD knows this guy better than most, so it'll be interesting if he thinks he can get anything out of LANCE. And, of course, at what price?

The price has to be very very very low.
How would McD know him more than most? McD left to coach Tua 3 months before they traded up to select Trey Lance.

McD also has a system built around Tua. Lance does not appear to be a fit at all in this offense.

I don't see Lance going for more than a 4th...and the Niners would be better off keeping 3 QBs considering Purdy is coming back from injury and Darnold is becoming a journeyman. Especially considering the NFC championship debacle of not having a 3rd QB, that would be foolish for the Niners to do imo.

I think you’re living under a rock. You tell your girlfriend that you’re perfectly happy with her, yet you attempt to date numerous other hot chicks right under her nose. What you DO matters a helluva lot more than what you SAY. LOL
I'm under a rock? I don't get it. This is business we're talking about. There's a couple of top line RBS out there. Dolphins are going to look into it.

I'm under a rock? I don't get it. This is business we're talking about. There's a couple of top line RBS out there. Dolphins are going to look into it.
Didn’t you say that the MD were happy with their RB room?

I tend to believe Grier just likes to throw a ton of slightly low ball offers for elite players at a multitude of positions, sometimes it materializes and most often it doesn't... Just so happens its 2 RBs in a row, I believe this is more coincidence than urgency... But what the **** do I know really?

That asking peice will be too high. Draft compensation and then a high salary? It would have been cheaper to get the minny rb the jets got. Wouldn't make sense

Back
Top Bottom