Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite all the denials here…We are aggressively trying to upgrade our RB room

Aggressively might be overstating.

If we can bring in superior talent at a discount price, sure. That's just common sense.

Is the fact that we contact teams for a chat a sign of desperation? I would say not at all. More due diligence with an eye towards value, IMO.
Exactly...went something like this.

Chris G - Hey Chris, whets up?
Chris B - Hey Chris, love the name, what's up?
Chris G - Taylor's agent called me and said he can explore a trade, is that true?
Chris B - Sure if we can get the right deal.
Chris G - I'll give you a 7th, a conditional pick, and a lifetime VIP membership to Club Liv
Chris B - Man, that's tempting, let me think on that.
Chris G - All good, call me back if interested.
Chris B - c-ya

Media - " Miami desperately seeking to workout a trade for Johnathan Taylor."

Taylor is as good as any RB in the NFL and a dream fit for this offense. It makes sense for Miami to check on his availability and to see if his contract wants make sense for the organization.

I think you go from having a sneaky-good group of RB's to one if the very best with Taylor. There's clearly value in that. How much value? Idk Taylor might be good enough for me to go against my usual stance on spending on and paying RB's.

I don't think Miami needs Taylor, but Taylor undoubtedly makes Miami scarier/more difficult to deal with.

Taylor is as good as any RB in the NFL and a dream fit for this offense. It makes sense for Miami to check on his availability and to see if his contract wants make sense for the organization.

I think you go from having a sneaky-good group of RB's to one if the very best with Taylor. There's clearly value in that. How much value? Idk Taylor might be good enough for me to go against my usual stance on spending on and paying RB's.

I don't think Miami needs Taylor, but Taylor undoubtedly makes Miami scarier/more difficult to deal with.
Like I said, of course we'd love to have him but at what price?

This is the debate.
How good or bad is our RB room vs going into 2024 draft pick poor.
I guess we just trust the coaches and FO.
Ask yourself this, which of our RBs would be starting for another good/great NFL team? I maintain the answer is zero.

That's exactly what it means, FFS. If one comes along at a good price point, fine. That's not "aggressive".

I love how folks make up new definitions of words ..LMAO.
I was both a journalist, an editor and an English major in college. I think I know what the word “aggressive” means. You are just being pissy as usual. Lol

Aggressive: strong or emphatic in effect or intent

Ask yourself this, which of our RBs would be starting for another good/great NFL team? I maintain the answer is zero.
I never thought about it like that before.
No one has a weaker RB than we? Brutal.
If a team would take players instead of high draft picks, We could give up Wilson and one RB. Two RBs if we were trading for a RB.

How would McD know him more than most? McD left to coach Tua 3 months before they traded up to select Trey Lance.

McD also has a system built around Tua. Lance does not appear to be a fit at all in this offense.

I don't see Lance going for more than a 4th...and the Niners would be better off keeping 3 QBs considering Purdy is coming back from injury and Darnold is becoming a journeyman. Especially considering the NFC championship debacle of not having a 3rd QB, that would be foolish for the Niners to do imo.
HA! I am a dumbass!

Completely agree with your opinion here. Yeah, I think they'd be lucky to get a 4th out of anyone. DARNOLD had a nice preseason, maybe a change of scenery & a different offence helps this guy. MAYBE.

When you don't pick elite RBs in the draft - ever - you're gonna need to upgrade the room with trades at a much higher prices.
you couldnt be more wrong

there is no way the colts are getting a second rounder or better for tayor, they might get a 4th thats it

Back
Top Bottom