Developmental QB Myth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Developmental QB Myth

Ryan Leaf begs to differ because when it comes to bust he is the White Whale and I believe he was the #1 Pick Overall that year.
My point is that its a crap shoot either way
He went behind Manning. The Colts owner went rogue against the wishes of GM and coaches and picked Manning over Leaf. That said your point is valid but the QB position is so important that to me you keep addressing it until you know you have the guy in place. However I dont just throw picks at the position, I only do it if the brass believe there is a franchise guy available.

It would be crazy to pick another rookie QB. We should resign Fitz or sign another veteran backup QB to backup our starter Tua.

We need to get weapons and add a couple pieces to the Oline around Tua. We also need a different OC, because we need a different scheme. We need a scheme similar to what the Saints run.

true, but how can you judge a QB when he has absolutely nothing around him? that was my point, I would even take the Jets skill players over ours?
with that being said, I draft a WR at 1A (hopefully after a trade down to 7 or 8) and then a RB and would love to sign a FA WR and then see what happens next year with Tua
I made a similar post last night in another thread - even Jacksonville did not strip down purge tank to the level of the Fins and now we have to wait to get the FAs and draft picks in

Exactly.

You have a much better chance getting a good WR in the third round that you do of getting a playoff caliber QB. A few names; Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Steve Smith, Antonio Brown, and the list goes on an on.

If you need a QB, pick him in the first round. Trade the guy you have now for whatever you can get...

OR...

You keep Tua, draft around him and hope for the best.
You aren’t getting a top 3 again anytime soon...this decision is a big one. This is where top QB’s are drafted.

I haven’t done my eval this year yet on QB’s...Lawrence would be a no brainer!

It would be crazy to pick another rookie QB. We should resign Fitz or sign another veteran backup QB to backup our starter Tua.

We need to get weapons and add a couple pieces to the Oline around Tua. We also need a different OC, because we need a different scheme. We need a scheme similar to what the Saints run.
Everything is good you wrote here But no we don’t need Fitz

Give the reigns to another OC and Tua

We have 3 other premium picks to get weapons....we will possibly never pick #3 again, This is your last shot at a top QB.

We have 3 other premium picks to get weapons....we will possibly never pick #3 again, This is your last shot at a top QB.
We already have a QB, why waste a pick on a QB that want be as good as your current QB can be? Lawrence is the only consideration, he will not be available.

Get Tua weapons, and get the right scheme on offense. Tua is not the problem.

I asked in another thread, but if they decide that Tua isn't the guy, is a trade out of the question? Would Houston ever consider moving Watson?

question for all the Tua Haters?

I would trade all of our RB's and WR's straight up with ANY TEAM in Football for their RB's and WR's.. tell me which team in football has a worse package of RB's and WR's?? if you can't name one team then how can you possibly give up on Tua??
Patriots have worse skill position players than the dolphins. But I’m all in on Tua.

question for all the Tua Haters?

I would trade all of our RB's and WR's straight up with ANY TEAM in Football for their RB's and WR's.. tell me which team in football has a worse package of RB's and WR's?? if you can't name one team then how can you possibly give up on Tua??
Here's a question for you..since you're the first person I've seen use the term "Tua hater" this morning...Would you consider someone a Tua hater if they're concerned with Tua as the long term solution but agrees that using a first round pick next year on a QB might not be the best use of draft capital?

If Justin Fields is available, do we take him to compete with Tua?

well the pick is 3, so you probably ending up with the 3rd qb- not the 1st are 2nd... should mia evaluate if the third QB is better than Tua?

sure- that doesn’t mean the player will be though.

Don’t forget...Brees barely slipped out of round one...and shouldn’t have had Miami not made the mistake of drafting Jamar Fletcher.
Oh the pain of that pick. We had Madison and Surtain in their primes. Why did we take an undersized CB w no football IQ ? He was horrific. I feel same about Noah Babaganoush - why take that position there (a raw reach) when you have two all stars and a guy in Needham whos developed? I don’t get it. A skill player or an edge guy or a LB would have been nice.

Back
Top Bottom