Devlin played well enough to stay? And the hard cuts at receiver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin played well enough to stay? And the hard cuts at receiver

Devlin's touch pass is freaking terrible. He'd get people killed as a starter.

Devlin's touch pass is freaking terrible. He'd get people killed as a starter.

he will most ikely never be a long term starter like most third stringers , but thats not a knock because Moore will never be a team's starter except for a short term

Send Moore packing, it seems like he's the teacher's pet and he's got a spot on the team, cut him and save the money, he also has been in the league for a while and still is just seen as a backup.

So was Don Strock, and that turned out pretty well. Some guys are just career backups...nothing wrong with that!

Why do folks put more stock in trainning camp/preseason then what players have donw in ACTUAL NFL GAMES. It's mind boggling to me. I don't care if Matt Moore throws 10 INT's in practice everyday and is 0 - 25 in all of preseason, when he's been called upon as a backup QB in REAL NFL GAMES he's been solid. Does anyone think he will be different based on TC and preseason games?????????? To me that's ridiculous!

Too many checkdowns, give me a QB that has the balls to throw deep, give me Matt Moore.

Why do folks put more stock in trainning camp/preseason then what players have donw in ACTUAL NFL GAMES. It's mind boggling to me. I don't care if Matt Moore throws 10 INT's in practice everyday and is 0 - 25 in all of preseason, when he's been called upon as a backup QB in REAL NFL GAMES he's been solid. Does anyone think he will be different based on TC and preseason games?????????? To me that's ridiculous!

If Matt Moore had thrown 10 interceptions in practice and gone 0-25 in preseason, he wouldn't even be in the NFL right now. Preseason is where players earn a chance to play in the regular season. So yes, it matters.

Sure is a different feel at WR going into the season this year vs last. Last year we were all trying to figure out how few of our WR from camp were going to be on the opening day roster, and scouring the cut list to find WR's to replace the scrubs we had. This year IMHO we should keep 6 WR if they really do like McNutt. I'd ride with 5 having Tyms as the 5th WR, but I think the staff sees McNutt as their number 5. They are probably going to try to stash Tyms on the PS, but I don't think he'll ever make it there, and it will be a mistake. Now if he's eligible I think McNutt would make it through to the P.S. While his hands have been questionable, he has shown the ability to get open.

Matt Moore is arguably the third best quarterback in the AFC East right now. Yeah, I went there.

IMO we gotta keep 6 wide. The 3 headed monster, Matthews, tyms, and mcnutt. Put bumphis on the PS. Too much of a passing league not too keep all of our options at wideout.

IMO we gotta keep 6 wide. The 3 headed monster, Matthews, tyms, and mcnutt. Put bumphis on the PS. Too much of a passing league not too keep all of our options at wideout.

who do we cut to make that happen?

Do you think we start seeing cuts as early as today or not till closer to the deadline?

who do we cut to make that happen?

We could do it if we run with 8 o-linemen, or if we keep only between TE/FB (use Clay as our FB).

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Matt Moore is arguably the third best quarterback in the AFC East right now. Yeah, I went there.

Lock thread.

Send Moore packing, it seems like he's the teacher's pet and he's got a spot on the team, cut him and save the money, he also has been in the league for a while and still is just seen as a backup.

If Moore is on the roster, he costs the team $4M. If Moore is cut, he costs the team $4M. Still want to cut him? :)

Back
Top Bottom