DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl

Depends at where they were productive at. Massive difference dominating in small conferences.

Now go look at WRs that are the most productive in the SEC. You will see if you can dominate as WR in the SEC (crap load of NFL talent DBs) that there is a high probability of success in the NFL. Also of note of the 16 WRs to break 1000 yards last season 6 of them are from the SEC.
How many were drafted in the top 20?

4, 7, 22, 26, 51, 64 overall.
So 2 top 10. 4 1st rounders and 2 second rounders.
so, in other words, 2 of the top 16 1000 yard WRs this year were drafted in the top 10? I’m assuming it’s Amari Cooper ( who was so valuable to his team’s’ success he got traded and his new team was terrible, and he was 12 on the list and scored all of 5 tds) and Mike Evans (who was # 16 on the list at 1006 yards). I’ll take my chances finding my stud WR after pick 15 or later Like everyone else.

Last edited:
so, in other words, 2 of the top 16 1000 yard WRs this year were drafted in the top 10? I’m assuming it’s Amari Cooper and Mike Evans. And without looking, I’d imagine #16 was one of them, otherwise you would’ve said 2 of the top 15. I’ll take my chances finding my stud WR after pick 15 or so.
This is only SEC WRs so 2 out of six. Didn't look at where all 16 where drafted. Well if you read I said of the 16 WR that had 1000 yards. If there where only 15 WRs with 1000 yards well then it would have been 15.

This is only SEC WRs so 2 out of six. Didn't look at where all 16 where drafted. Well if you read I said of the 16 WR that had 1000 yards. If there where only 15 WRs with 1000 yards well then it would have been 15.
You are right, I edited my post. 6 of 16 overall, 2 of 16 drafted in the top 10. I have no doubt The odds are in favor of Smith being good. I have a lot of doubt about him being worthy of #3 overall, or that drafting him that high is a recipe for our success.

I could care less as far as selecting him I can see he is light - but based on what I see he is a player I like who tips the scales in our O

I like a trade down for Smith Chase or even for Sewell

Need a team to bite on a QB first
I don't know what his listed weight is, but he could be around 160. I'm not bothered by it.

I think it makes sense for Miami to trade down. The Dolphins are in an optimal position sitting at #3, with three quarterbacks who are being talked about as potential franchise players.

Dolphins need to take him off their board completely. There's a lot of 210 pound receivers that stay covered and drop passes to choose from for Miami.
Chase and Smith are both going to be very good. I wouldn’t put a guarantee on which will be better.

Alabama was worried that Smitty was too light when they were recruiting him. He weighed 159 at one of the last camps that Saban saw him. After analyzing how exceptional his hands, fluidity, and route running were - Alabama made him a priority.

He won a national championship with a walk-off homerun as a true freshman, and left college football as the most decorated WR to ever play the game - and in his wake a trail of bodies made up of the best cornerbacks you can put on the field. All either already in the NFL or will be soon.

Whatever team continues to make him a priority probably won't be disappointed. He's been this guy since high school. It doesn't matter who you line up across from him they can't stop him. Some players are just special.

Bama players are notorious for not testing. That's why I do not think they should be drafted.

Alabama was worried that Smitty was too light when they were recruiting him. He weighed 159 at one of the last camps that Saban saw him. After analyzing how exceptional his hands, fluidity, and route running were - Alabama made him a priority.

He won a national championship with a walk-off homerun as a true freshman, and left college football as the most decorated WR to ever play the game - and in his wake a trail of bodies made up of the best cornerbacks you can put on the field. All either already in the NFL or will be soon.

Whatever team continues to make him a priority probably won't be disappointed. He's been this guy since high school. It doesn't matter who you line up across from him they can't stop him. Some players are just special.
To me it is don't over think type situation. People are just trying to figure out why he is so good but doesn't fit the perfect athletic build. Or people turn a positive into a negative, like when people say well he is just running free you can't do that in the NFL. True but you are not suppose to do that in the SEC either. Sometimes players are just good no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom