Devonta Smith playing in Senior bowl! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith playing in Senior bowl!

It's called authenticity. You don't see it too often which is why you automatically jumped to the "more harm than good for him."
No I went more harm than good, because he’s not trying to get into the first round. He’s already more than likely a top 5 to 7 pick. Now he might wow the phins coach’s enough for them just to take him at 3 nice pay bump. There is always the chance of a injury that could drop him to the lower half of the first round.

I wonder how much the fact that Flores is coaching the bowl had to play in his decision. Clearly we are the #1team being associated with taking him. Letting us have first hand access to him for the week, gives him a chance to show what he's all about and also prevent the fins from thinking that they can hold off a round or two to pick a guy that stands out in the bowl, if he shows he's a class above going to be hard for Grier to pass on him. Even if that's not in our thinking it will be part of the narrative from the analysts , thus insuring that his stock is high. It's a great move my him, and shows the character of the kid also, someone is advising him well.

I hope he’s being coached by Flo and the Miami coaches. Now need Najee Harris to come play in the Senior bowl as well.

Sure would be nice to show up with an hmm....what are they called again? OH! OH! That's right! An Offensive Coordinator. I don't know but I recall reading that they come in handy....

I am surprised he is playing simply because of the injury he suffered in the championship game. At least this will give Flores and Grier an up close view of him for a week before the game but it won’t surprise me if he only sees limited action in the game because of his injury.

Back
Top Bottom