Devonta Smith | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith

Maybe he's hiding that he already knows where he is being picked? #6

I'm on the fence, you can't deny his on the field production. He's smooth, really good routes, good hands, and as I heard one of the PFF guys saying when they talked to DB's his size never came up, but his pit bull mentality did and he just wears you down.

I don't think it matters on Chase, you can write in in pen that he's going #5 to Cincy.
Cincy is taking Sewell. Fact.

Why doesn't Smith run a 40 or get weighed? Buyer beware, something seems fishy..
Did you watch him play last year? The fact he didn’t run a 40 or stand on a scale doesn’t bother me in the least. All I have to do is turn on the tape of him destroying opposing defenses last year and that tells me all I need to know about him as a football player.

I hope teams don’t draft him because he didn’t run around in his shorts on pro day. Because that will ensure he will be there for the Dolphins when they make their first pick in the draft.

Did you watch him play last year? The fact he didn’t run a 40 or stand on a scale doesn’t bother me in the least. All I have to do is turn on the tape of him destroying opposing defenses last year and that tells me all I need to know about him as a football player.

I hope teams don’t draft him because he didn’t run around in his shorts on pro day. Because that will ensure he will be there for the Dolphins when they make their first pick in the draft.
He will be there..and they won't pick him! Imagine that!

I don’t know why it would. Smith is the better player and if it is between Pitts and Smith, Smith is the right pick.
Let's see what we've read on here:

Pencil Thin

Weak

Will be bullied by DB's

Didn't run fast Pro Day

Safety's will kill him

He will definitely be there at 6, Hell I thought you were talking about him falling to 18. If we draft him at 6, Grier should be drugged and replaced with a competent GM the rest of the draft.

A. Pitts, a transcendent talent who is 6'6 with 4.4 speed and an unreal catch radius, best TE prospect in yrs.
B. Chase, looks to be a saner version of OBJ, 4.3 speed, freakishly strong and outperformed Justin Jefferson, numbers every bit as good as Smith
C. Smith, awesome kid but hiding the fact that he is 160-165 lbs., physically weak, would not work out so no timed numbers, one comp is Marvin Harrison. That is the one comp you hear over and over because not many skinny receivers make it big in this league.

If by chance all of these guys are on the board when we pick I sure as Hell am going with the Unicorn in Pitts or Chase who checks more boxes. Hell Waddle was outperforming Smith when he was healthy, he doesn't beat Chase's numbers without him going down. The speed with Chase is real, like it or not he looks to be faster than smith. With good coaching on his route running he could be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Watching the other WRs is like the meme of the guy walking with GF checking out another hottie while his GF makes 'WTF' face. Then ya look at his GF again and she's still the one.

I look at Chase and Waddle and get googlie-eyes.
Then, I go back to Smith again like Im seeing it for the first time all over again.
His cuts make ya bleed. The way he sets up defenders to be left in the dust is so 'Wow!'

Watching the other WRs is like the meme of the guy walking with GF checking out another hottie while his GF makes 'WTF' face. Then ya look at his GF again and she's still the one.

I look at Chase and Waddle and get googlie-eyes.
Then, I go back to Smith again like Im seeing it for the first time all over again.
His cuts make ya bleed. The way he sets up defenders to be left in the dust is so 'Wow!'
My fear is he becomes a Dolphin and someone makes him bleed. That broken hand in the NC is a forecast to the future, already can't run or workout for scouts. In the Big Boy League he would be out for 4-8 weeks easy. Hell people bitch about Parker missing 2 out of his last 32 games.

He will definitely be there at 6, Hell I thought you were talking about him falling to 18. If we draft him at 6, Grier should be drugged and replaced with a competent GM the rest of the draft.

A. Pitts, a transcendent talent who is 6'6 with 4.4 speed and an unreal catch radius, best TE prospect in yrs.
B. Chase, looks to be a saner version of OBJ, 4.3 speed, freakishly strong and outperformed Justin Jefferson, numbers every bit as good as Smith
C. Smith, awesome kid but hiding the fact that he is 160-165 lbs., physically weak, would not work out so no timed numbers, one comp is Marvin Harrison. That is the one comp you hear over and over because not many skinny receivers make it big in this league.

If by chance all of these guys are on the board when we pick I sure as Hell am going with the Unicorn in Pitts or Chase who checks more boxes. Hell Waddle was outperforming Smith when he was healthy, he doesn't beat Chase's numbers without him going down. The speed with Chase is real, like it or not he looks to be faster than smith. With good coaching on his route running he could be unstoppable.
Suppose he didn't time because Flores told me he's the pick at #6

He will change our offense instantly.

Flo and Grier have a plan. Trust the plan.

Back
Top Bottom