Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

DOLFANMIKE said:
Not if they think we can get better by trading back son!

Feeley might not even beat out Gus.

Feeley's gettin a 2nd chance this year whether he sucks or not. I personally think he's alright and believe he will do a pretty good job this year.

Look I support giving AJ a real chance to be the QB for this team, but to say he beat the pats is exactly the reason why I loathed all the fiedler apologists all those years who would cite jay's (reg. season) "wins" as the justification for him being a starter. Now of course Jay inflated his worth on the back of the D for five years, while AJ really did for just one game, but it's not very accurate to say AJ won that game

The offense finished the job well enough but Brady cost them that game. They had both posession and control (in typical Patriot fashion) and lost on a bad Brady decision. As for Feeley, the match up between Thompson and Brown was the correct choice and Feeley did read and execute correctly.

What everyone forgets is that AJ could have throw that ball too high, too low, too far right or left...he should get credit for standing behind a lousy OL, staying until the end and making the perfect throw on 4th down, with all the pressure of a losing season and monday night football glaring down his behind. For that, I give AJ a lot of credit. The Pats have one of the best D's out there, and AJ found a way to win, usually it's the pats who find a way. That's what you can build a team around...Good job AJ. IF it was D. Marino, everyone on this board would have been on his jock strap for doing exactly what AJ did.

SCall13 said:
If you're reffering to the NE game, he only threw the one TD in the 4th qtr.

Your right was thinking of another game.

MDFINFAN said:
What everyone forgets is that AJ could have throw that ball too high, too low, too far right or left...he should get credit for standing behind a lousy OL, staying until the end and making the perfect throw on 4th down, with all the pressure of a losing season and monday night football glaring down his behind. For that, I give AJ a lot of credit. The Pats have one of the best D's out there, and AJ found a way to win, usually it's the pats who find a way. That's what you can build a team around...Good job AJ. IF it was D. Marino, everyone on this board would have been on his jock strap for doing exactly what AJ did.

I was with you until your last sentence. That point is misguided. Of course if it was Dan Marino everyone would have been on his jock strap...BECAUSE OF HIS PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND HISTORY FOR BRINGING THE PHINS BACK TIME AND TIME AGAIN....What Feeley did was throw ONE very good pass in a pressure situation and I applaud him for that but the mention of Marino in the same analysis of Feeley simply makes no sense....

rickeyrunsover said:
Your right was thinking of another game.

I remember him destroying Buffalo is the 1st quarter, then turning into Mr. Hyde in the second half and killing us. If he can play more like that first half against Buffalo, then we'd be in d**n good shape.

phinphan11 said:
JT beat the Pat's more than Feeley should be credited for.

I wouldn't really go that far. Our defense did play well. But AJ made a DECENT pass. And of course Welker set us up big too. It was a combination of alot of things coming together for us in that game.

To my knowledge JT never threw a touchdown pass..., but then again he never threw an INT. either.

Coming into this season...
it has to help Feeley's psyche that he was "involved" in a big win against a PAT squad that had our recent number...

SCall13 said:
I remember him destroying Buffalo is the 1st quarter, then turning into Mr. Hyde in the second half and killing us. If he can play more like that first half against Buffalo, then we'd be in d**n good shape.

Yeah, thats the question. Yes Isaid it, it is a question if he can perform like the first half of teh Buffalo game, over a season (knowing all qbs have off games) consistently he will be very god. He and only he can determine that, his fate is in his hands.

I see the potential from that first half and the maturation he showed after that. I reason that I want to see how he performs with an o-line that has some semblance of blocking and decent ground game to restrict how much a defense blitzes. Either way, his leash is short and his time is now.

Feeley was not the main cause for us beating the Pats any more than Jay Fiedler was the main cause for the majority of the Phins wins with him. The D, overconfidence by the Pats, and a "nothing to lose" attitude were the main reasons we won. That, and maybe some excitement about finally being rid of Wannabe. Feeley was a part of the win, just not a big part

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

Give me a break!! Let's not make Feeley like he's Dan Marino!! He did contribute in that particular game, but so did the rest of the team!! It was a team effort!! :fire:

yankeehillbilly said:
Feeley was not the main cause for us beating the Pats any more than Jay Fiedler was the main cause for the majority of the Phins wins with him. The D, overconfidence by the Pats, and a "nothing to lose" attitude were the main reasons we won. That, and maybe some excitement about finally being rid of Wannabe. Feeley was a part of the win, just not a big part

Man you guys will go to any extreme to be right. I wonder if AJ starst and succeeds how many of you will become fans of other teams.

Back
Top Bottom