Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

The fact remains that Feeley and the "fin team" beat a very good TEAM in the PATS and few QBs and teams can lay claim to that.

Few teams are blown away by the Pats but our entire team including QBs folded under their pressure the past few years...

Some have the notion that the few Pat losses are Brady's fault (because he threw INTs) that's fine but I bet you would trade Feeley straight up for Feeley.

My opinion...........

Ummm, no. Feeley did NOT beat the Patriots. The Miami Dolphins won the game, not Feely. If it was him, then it would of been 11 vs 1 and who would he of passed to? Well then again, bugs bunny did that once. Hmmmm Bugs Feely? :D

inFINSible said:
Aj played well enough in his second season , coming from the third string position, meaning his work with the first team was few and far between, that he helped Philladelphia wrap up home field advantage throughout the play-offs.
I agree he did help. Brady won a sb and a sb MVP in his 2nd season.

inFINSible said:
You can't say that if he had been the starter from that point on with that team, that he wouldn't be much better than he was then.

Stop pretending that Feeley had any chance whatsoever to succeed last year. the whole situation was as pathetic as any that's ever been. He was doomed to failure from the moment he stepped off the plane.
I'm not pretending anything. I was merely stating my opinion that the fins would still be a better team last year w/ Brady instead of AJ. You don't have to agree w/ me. Only time will tell and Saban himself will chime in. If Gus ends up starting or someone else instead of AJ , than that settles that. :cool:

we only won becuse we didnt need much of an offence..... wes welker set up the first, and i think the others were points off turnovers, our defence beat the pats.

If our defense beat the PATS this time then I'll make the case that our defense lost to Pats the other times (and I can make a case believe you me) so Wanny/Fielders ball-control - don't turn it over offense wasn't to blame..., come on man...

We know it's a team sport and there ain't no "I" in team...

We beat a good team that night and few teams in the past three years put all three phases of the game into action against the Pats O,D and special teams...

IceStorm said:
My opinion...........

Ummm, no. Feeley did NOT beat the Patriots. The Miami Dolphins won the game, not Feely. If it was him, then it would of been 11 vs 1 and who would he of passed to? Well then again, bugs bunny did that once. Hmmmm Bugs Feely? :D

No Ice, it would have been Bugs Fiedler, he was the one with the ears. :lol:

Sorry Jay I just had to say it.

PhinPhreak said:
No Ice, it would have been Bugs Fiedler, he was the one with the ears. :lol:

Sorry Jay I just had to say it.

Yeah, but Jay could never of thrown the ball and then ran and caught it. He was always too busy running for his life. But I'll give Jay credit, he did try his heart out.

An on another note, AJ doesn't have that breakaway speed he'll need when he punts the ball and then goes down field in coverage! hehe

A Miami defense expoilted a rare horrible game from Tom Brady opening up countless opportunites for one AJ Feeley to throw a game winning (lucky or not) touchdown pass.

Done and done.

PhinPhreak said:
Truthfully that game came down to one play, AJ threw the ball and prayed, if that ball wasn't caught nobody would be thinking anything about that game today.

I am not saying this as a knock against Feeley but he gets more credit for that game because they won then he would have if they lost.

And that is life and the way it it.

OK, lets look at it this way.earlier inthe year, when the elf was QB, did we win?

IceStorm said:
Yeah, but Jay could never of thrown the ball and then ran and caught it. He was always too busy running for his life. But I'll give Jay credit, he did try his heart out.

An on another note, AJ doesn't have that breakaway speed he'll need when he punts the ball and then goes down field in coverage! hehe

I can however hear AJ saying "I knew I should have made that left at Albuquerque."

Truthfully I picture AJ more like Marvin the Martian.

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:
Here's a quote from Feeley in today's Herald:
""I'm trying to forget everything that happened last year and move forward," Feeley said."

If Feeley played so well last year why is he "trying to forget" how he played?

All you have to do is watch every play he played last year to see he didn't play very well. He did improve, but overall he did not play well, and specifically had way too many turnovers.

SCall13 said:
I don't thing HATING anyone has anything to do with it. It's just reality, in my opinion. Feeley isn't good. And I'd be surprised if he even turns out to be average. He is a backup QB. Saban sees it. Linehan sees it. Why can't everyone else see it?

If Saban and Linehan see it then why are they shopping the #2 pick for a trade down.

You don't see it son!

Saban and Linehan probably think we can win with Feeley otherwise there would be no doubt in EVERYONES mind we would be picking Smith at #2.

Cheapshotz said:
If Saban and Linehan see it then why are they shopping the #2 pick for a trade down.

You don't see it son!

Saban and Linehan probably think we can win with Feeley otherwise there would be no doubt in EVERYONES mind we would be picking Smith at #2.
Not if they think we can get better by trading back son!

Feeley might not even beat out Gus.

Back
Top Bottom