Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

SCall13 said:
I don't thing HATING anyone has anything to do with it. It's just reality, in my opinion. Feeley isn't good. And I'd be surprised if he even turns out to be average. He is a backup QB. Saban sees it. Linehan sees it. Why can't everyone else see it?

ANd what exactly are you basing your decising on sir?

Den54 said:
Might as well let it go Infins. Objectivity is'nt in some of these guys vocabulary.
you're right...it's just the same things I've said before....it'll never get through or we'll just never agree....but, every now and then i feel like getting into it....:)

jjizzim said:
ANd what exactly are you basing your decising on sir?

Well, amongst other things, his inability to read a defense. His inability to think quickly enough to actually THROW the ball away. And his incredible knack for hitting player right between the numbers - only problem is, they were on the wrong team. And he did that QUITE consistantly.

BlueFin said:
You don't judge a QB on one play or even one game.

I think one of the problems with AJ that in the end will be the book on him is not just his poor mobility(which really increases the punishment he takes), but it will be his decision making, I think he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He really struggled to learn a fairly simplified playbook.

He will always be a guy that will make some nice plays with his arm, but he will make just as many or more bad decisions that cost his teams games.

The damn coaches didn't know the system how in the hell could the players know it? The o-line looked lost most of the season. The RB's didn't know who to block and receivers and backs consistantly ran wrong routes. Couple all of that with AJ reading and interpreting defenses and routes wrong and you get 4-11 and pick 6es

SCall13 said:
Well, amongst other things, his inability to read a defense. His inability to think quickly enough to actually THROW the ball away. And his incredible knack for hitting player right between the numbers - only problem is, they were on the wrong team. And he did that QUITE consistantly.

Read my previous post

Agent51 said:
Actually, I believe Brady beat the Pats, with that morinic falling down throw for the INT, we were losing til that point.

Oh really so it wasnt AJ that thru that 4 and 21 pass for a TD? He had no pressure there? Hmmmm. He didnt move teh ball when needed, take care of teh ball all game and throw 2 td passes, one a laser in tight quarters? Noone is saying teh defense didnt play well, they played awesome. But AJ capitalized. 3 scoring drives of over 50 yds and a clutch 4th and goal from teh 21, I would say he contributed quite nicely. If it had been Marino that did that, everyone on this board would be hangin on his nutz, but because you dont like AJ, we won in spite of him. Typical biased fans.

he went 22 of 35 for 198 yards, 1 touchdown and no picks that night, make your own decisions. don't think he did it alone, but he didn't screw us either

jjizzim said:
Read my previous post

I did. If you aren't bright enough to see his inabilities and his knack for making the same mistakes over and over, then you need to rewatch the games. You may also consider learning a little about football and the QB position.

Feeley was clearly a deciding factor in leading the Dolphins to victory against the defending world champs. Feeley clearly outplayed little Tommy Brady and his bunch.

It certainly was not our powerful running game that sunk the Patsies. Feeley and a great effort by our defense won that game. It's never a one man show QB fans.

inFINSible said:
Being under constant pressure is not nearly the same thing as being under occasional pressure. When you're under constant pressure, you're going to develop habits devoted to trying not to get killed. Brady has never had to deal with what AJ had to deal with last year.
I tend to agree with you, that constant pressure is due to the lack of a running game. Brady has always performed under a balanced Offensive game plan. The 3 SB years, they have averaged 50-50 pass-runn, in attempts. That is a well coached and well excuting team. Now what did they do in 2002? They went away from the run, 60-40 pass-run, in attempts. They finished that year with 9-7 record (56%).

Under AJ's start, there was very little attempts in the running game, basically passing to keep up in scoring. The Offensive game plan was 62-38 pass-run, in attempts. When you pass that many times, the defenses don't respect the run and the passer has to be perfect in read and execution. That was something that AJ could not be last year, with that porous OL (52 sacks for the year, I believe).

Anyways, my point is if you have to put the ball up 62% of the game (AJ), compare to 48% for Brady, you will have more chances of making mistakes.

Originally Posted by BlueFin
You don't judge a QB on one play or even one game.

I think one of the problems with AJ that in the end will be the book on him is not just his poor mobility(which really increases the punishment he takes), but it will be his decision making, I think he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He really struggled to learn a fairly simplified playbook.

He will always be a guy that will make some nice plays with his arm, but he will make just as many or more bad decisions that cost his teams games.

Course that is part of teh story, the one that fits teh argument you agree with. Fine. But I say that yes there is concern there, but it is more than understanding the system, is teh system needs to be consistent, the coaches on teh same page. changing game plans, not adjustments, but changing philosophies several times depending on which offensive coach was calling teh plays at that time, splitting reps until week 10 spending a whole offseason with one focus and scheme, only to change philosophies without ever changing the playbook to fit teh schemes all contribute. Execution of teh offense is also tied to execution of your o-line and to teh defense schemes and teh Coaches adjustments which were nonexistent. You want to break everything down to fit your argument but only want makes you look right to be considered. Why do I say that? Cause never once have I heard you or any AJ hater even remotely address the system as a whole and make any case as to why that should not be a factor whatsoever. As if the system was so great Smith or Rodgers would have played lights out in that same circumstance. NEVER ONCE was that question answered, becuase the answer would not fit your argument.

I DO NOT GUARENTEE NOR THINK IT ASSURED AJ WILLBE A GREAT QB. I merely believe he showed enough potential, factoring in the situation, the turmoil, the team division, teh negatives and teh positives to say it is unfair to base the final evaluation of AJ on 2004. Drafting a qb says to me Saban is not confident that AJ is teh future and evaluating everything drafting qb is teh best move. If that is what he does, I am happy. Doesnt mean AJ wont get the shot this summer. What AJ does with his chance will be entirely on him.

Disnardo said:
I tend to agree with you, that constant pressure is due to the lack of a running game. Brady has always performed under a balanced Offensive game plan. The 3 SB years, they have averaged 50-50 pass-runn, in attempts. That is a well coached and well excuting team. Now what did they do in 2002? They went away from the run, 60-40 pass-run, in attempts. They finished that year with 9-7 record (56%).

Under AJ's start, there was very little attempts in the running game, basically passing to keep up in scoring. The Offensive game plan was 62-38 pass-run, in attempts. When you pass that many times, the defenses don't respect the run and the passer has to be perfect in read and execution. That was something that AJ could not be last year, with that porous OL (52 sacks for the year, I believe).

Anyways, my point is if you have to put the ball up 62% of the game (AJ), compare to 48% for Brady, you will have more chances of making mistakes.

Dont forget a good deal of teh passing plays run during Bradys first 2 years were low risk, quick short passes, minimizing the chance for mistakes. Wr screens were huge, draws, rb screens, rb flares, quick outs and slants. etc. Brady was on a tight leash and managed. He was not asked to do what AJ was asked.

No I am not saying AJ is as good as Brady, I am saying situations, coaching, schemes, systems all contribute to qbs success or failure.

CITRONDAN said:
he went 22 of 35 for 198 yards, 1 touchdown and no picks that night, make your own decisions. don't think he did it alone, but he didn't screw us either

that pretty much sums it up very well. he did good, not great, but good.

the long and the short of the story with AJ is that, whilst we'd all be delighted if he does really well, he's not shown enough yet for us to count on that. if he does step up then i'll be delighted for him, for the team and for myself too!

if he doesn't then we better already have a plan of action in place....

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

I would love to see him turn into the next T.Brady or a reasonable facsimile, but we have a "new everything" coaches, linemen, philosophy, strategy..ect.ect! Feeley will have to play above par to impress Saban, IMO. Can he do it?? Who Knows but I would rather see Feeley get a shot then Fiedler. I would love to have A.Smith as the draft choice,but I would love to trade down...more then once, also. Still, if we stick with AJ he's shown us he can play in this league hopefully Saban, Linehan, Houck and the rest of the upgrades to the coaching staff will play a role in the way Feeley plays.

Back
Top Bottom