Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

Feeley sucked for the entirety of last year, and the defense won that game in my opinion. I'm hoping adding more muscle will make Feeley better, so we could at least trade him to somebody.

SCall13 said:
The pass itself that Marino threw was nothing special. It was the genius in which he had the Jets totally fooled. There is a BIG difference between the two plays. Marino just made the Jets look like a bunch of confused school yard kids. The pass was a typical Marino pass.
Feeley's pass was just a throw to a mismatch. There are no similarities in the analogy.

So the last minute TD passes, one that had almost no coverage and the other that had a mismatch at coverage had not the same planning, approach and outcome? Was the result not the awe-inspiring same? Seems like your are making the same analogy but looking at different results, to me.

You just stated that AJ's pass was average QB and had a mismatch, which was the right read and outcome, just like Dan's fooling the defense, by not getting a pass rush and not letting the corner cover Ingram.

Now, that to me put more emphasis on AJ, he had the NE DL all over him as he let go of the pass, not like Dan where he had the DL standing around, before he threw that famous TD pass.

Simply put I give more credit to AJ for the read and throw, than to Dan's pass, where planning had eliminated the defense.

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

You don't judge a QB on one play or even one game.

I think one of the problems with AJ that in the end will be the book on him is not just his poor mobility(which really increases the punishment he takes), but it will be his decision making, I think he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He really struggled to learn a fairly simplified playbook.

He will always be a guy that will make some nice plays with his arm, but he will make just as many or more bad decisions that cost his teams games.

Justasportsfan said:
Kelly and Marino has had those games. Yes, it's an assumption based on the fact that he's a 2 time sb MVP and 3 sb rings. Even when he had an OL and a running game w/ the Eagles, AJ was average and still threw a lot of picks.

Even when there was no pressure, Feely threw picks returned for td's. Brady is a waaaay better decision maker than AJ under pressure. (dang, I put them in the same sentence).
Being under constant pressure is not nearly the same thing as being under occasional pressure. When you're under constant pressure, you're going to develop habits devoted to trying not to get killed. Brady has never had to deal with what AJ had to deal with last year.

We beat the Pats cus Belechick didnt plan for us and he knew we were up for this game in Miami on MNF. Belechick was worried on the sideline for a lot of reasons and Brady said before the game that Miami is the one team that he fears defensively even if we did suck in totality. so you see, We beat them collectively by not making mistakes and being agressive.

inFINSible said:
Being under constant pressure is not nearly the same thing as being under occasional pressure. When you're under constant pressure, you're going to develop habits devoted to trying not to get killed. Brady has never had to deal with what AJ had to deal with last year.

Nice take!

Disnardo said:
So the last minute TD passes, one that had almost no coverage and the other that had a mismatch at coverage had not the same planning, approach and outcome? Was the result not the awe-inspiring same? Seems like your are making the same analogy but looking at different results, to me.

You just stated that AJ's pass was average QB and had a mismatch, which was the right read and outcome, just like Dan's fooling the defense, by not getting a pass rush and not letting the corner cover Ingram.

Now, that to me put more emphasis on AJ, he had the NE DL all over him as he let go of the pass, not like Dan where he had the DL standing around, before he threw that famous TD pass.

Simply put I give more credit to AJ for the read and throw, than to Dan's pass, where planning had eliminated the defense.

YOu're twisting everything around. (OF COURSE) And to suggest that AJ, even for one play was better than Marino destroys your credibility with me. :shakeno:
AJ Feeley threw a DECENT pass to a tall WR against a MISMATCHED DB. Some of you guys make this out to be some huge and incredible accomplishment. It was, by average QB standards, a fairly easy throw. I have thrown TD passes under pressure and didn't think much of it. For some reason, you guys, because of one TD, have crowned AJ Feeley the Dolphins saviour. Well, here is a little news flash for you: HE IS NOT. He will be back on the bench sooner rather than later. He is NOT a good QB. Period. And he'll prove it to us in one of two ways: 1) he will not even win the starting job. or 2) He will continue to make the same boneheaded mistakes he made last year and show once again that he can't tell one jersey color from the other. Even with a bad line, there is a such thing as throwing the ball away. I don't remember Feeley throwing a single pass out of bounds just to prevent a sack or avoid throwing a dumb pass. He is not a good, quick thinker. And that is what will do him in. It doesn't matter if he could throw the ball 80 yards and harder than Favre. The bottom line is that he lacks the mentality to be a good starting QB. In the end, it will be proved that FIEDLER of all QBs was better than Feeley.
Again, Saban and Linehan already see it. Linehan is pushing for a QB in the draft (Smith being one of them) and Saban has made some indirect comments that show his lack of confidence in Feeley. There have also been numerous reports on this fact.
If you don't like my opinion, I don't care. It's still mine. Read my signature...opinions are like **** This is mine.

inFINSible said:

I still have his eagles performance to compare w/ Brady's OL to safely say, Brady would've done a better job than Feely under the same circumstances. I don't think the fins would've made the playoffs but I can assume you'd be a better team based on that and based on the times AJ made stupid decisions even without pressure. That's all I'm saying. Does Brady make mistakes or has had bad games? Sure. But for the most part, if your secondary flinches, he'll burn you.He's PROVEN that time and again. Feely has yet to show that.

BringBackShula said:
Feeley didn't beat the Pats...The Dolphins collectively beat the Pats. There's alot of reasons why we beat them that night...And AJ Feeley is not one of those reason.s

Last time i checked, AJ Feeley was on the team, so quit contradicting yourself. If AJ played, which he did, then he is ONE of the reasons that we beat the Pats.

Justasportsfan said:
I still have his eagles performance to compare w/ Brady's OL to safely say, Brady would've done a better job than Feely under the same circumstances. I don't think the fins would've made the playoffs but I can assume you'd be a better team based on that and based on the times AJ made stupid decisions even without pressure. That's all I'm saying. Does Brady make mistakes or has had bad games? Sure. But for the most part, if your secondary flinches, he'll burn you.He's PROVEN that time and again. Feely has yet to show that.
Feeley has YET to show that??!!?
Tell me how he did in that first quarter against buffalo, when the your defense wasn't blitzing his a$$ off.

wasn't it three TD passes....where was your D ranked last year?

I beg to differ, he has shown he CAN do it....he just needs to show he can do it CONSISTENTLY.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
Last time i checked, AJ Feeley was on the team, so quit contradicting yourself. If AJ played, which he did, then he is ONE of the reasons that we beat the Pats.

AJ Feeley, in this case WAS one of the reasons we won. But there are times a team can win in SPITE of their QB. We did it plenty of times with Fiedler.

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

Feely (12/20/04) brady threw 4 INTS
Rothlesburger (10/31/04) brady threw 2 INTS
P. Ramsey (09/28/03) brady threw 3 INTS
Bledsoe (09/07/03) brady threw 4 INTS

in there losses, they lost because of brady.
the only one of these games that you can say the other team won, insted of the patriots loosing, was the bills game.

PhinPhreak said:
Truthfully that game came down to one play, AJ threw the ball and prayed, if that ball wasn't caught nobody would be thinking anything about that game today.

I am not saying this as a knock against Feeley but he gets more credit for that game because they won then he would have if they lost.

DUH. If they lose there is nothing to talk about. But the fact remains they did not lose they won, and feeley had to make the throws to drive them down the field and score. You say that if the ball was not caught then nobody would be thinking anything about the game today, but that is the case withe every QB in the league. If you receivers don't catch the passes the QB's stats suck, that's just the way it is.

inFINSible said:
Feeley has YET to show that??!!?
Tell me how he did in that first quarter against buffalo, when the your defense wasn't blitzing his a$$ off.

wasn't it three TD passes....where was your D ranked last year?

I beg to differ, he has shown he CAN do it....he just needs to show he can do it CONSISTENTLY.

Might as well let it go Infins. Objectivity is'nt in some of these guys vocabulary.

SCall13 said:
AJ Feeley, in this case WAS one of the reasons we won. But there are times a team can win in SPITE of their QB. We did it plenty of times with Fiedler.

touche :lol:

Back
Top Bottom