Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

Disnardo said:
I guess you would have stated the same analogy for the "FAKE SPIKE," against the Jets.

The Jets Defense took that play off, they were not ready to cover or rush the passer. Dan did not throw a great, mind boggling pass that was so awe inspiring. He just threw a pass that was caught by Ingram in the endzone. The backup QB (B. Kosar) drew that play up and it became LEGENDARY

I am not comparing anyone, just the anology. The same outome for both games netted the same results...

... A WIN when none was expected at the end of the game.

The Fake Spike was more an exciting, surprising play then a great play by Marino, half the QB's in the league could have thrown the pass, only because he was a part of it does it even get mentioned in association with Dan.

Let's not forget Dan has brought a team back time and time again, once Feeley does the same he will get the credit. Just about every QB in the league has had at least one great comeback, even Rob Johnson. :lol:

As I said before i don't even think you can call that a great comeback, it came down to a hope and a prayer play, if they don't score on 4th down, nobody would think twice about Feeley's performance.

MelbournePhin said:
It WAS a team win

i guess when we win, its a team thing, but when we lose, its an AJ thing.
Close....when we lose it's an AJ thing....when we win it's an everybody but AJ thing. :rolleyes:

PhinPhreak said:
As I said before i don't even think you can call that a great comeback, it came down to a hope and a prayer play, if they don't score on 4th down, nobody would think twice about Feeley's performance.

But it DID happen. And the TD drive and pass to Thompson BEFORE the last one, was what put us in position to to have a chance to win it.

Agent51 said:
Actually, I believe Brady beat the Pats, with that morinic falling down throw for the INT, we were losing til that point.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Brady looked bad because there was intense pressure on him the entire game and the Dolphin defense pounded him. It's amazing how pathetic a QB can look when he's getting the __it beat out of him. In contrast Miami's o-line protected Feeley and he had time to find his receivers. He played an efficient game and made the clutch TD pass (twice) to win the game.

Brady now knows how Feely felt the entire season. Put Brady behinf Miami's o-line last season and see how good he looks with his average arm and lack of mobility. I don't mean to knock Brady because he is an accurate passer and normally makes intelligent decisions. I just think he is a bit over rated and is a product of the system. I am very curious to see how he performs this year without Charlie Weiss.

inFINSible said:
But it DID happen. And the TD drive and pass to Thompson BEFORE the last one, was what put us in position to to have a chance to win it.

Nobody is denying that it happened, I just don't think it was anything to write home about, I was happy as hell when they scored, but at no point did I think WOW what a great performance.

I am not trying to take anything away from him he did make the throw but as I said in another post just about every QB in the league has had a comeback or two. It's not enough to erase the poor peformance from the rest of the season.

Just to clarify please don't confuse me with the people that hate Feeley, I don't hate him, I just call it the way I see it. I am still hoping he pans out, I just am not holding my breath however because I think he has a long way to go.

MelbournePhin said:
It WAS a team win

No it's only an AJ thing when he gives the other team 7 points, it's not often you can blame one player for a loss, Ray Lucas' single handily cost the Fins the game against the Bills, and there were a few games that AJ cost the Fins(Bengals, Seahawks). These are the things he has to fix before he will be considered a good QB.

to me, it looked more like brady beat the pats.
it was his IDIOTIC play that gave the fins the win.

Feeley was just there.

jlfin said:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Brady looked bad because there was intense pressure on him the entire game and the Dolphin defense pounded him. It's amazing how pathetic a QB can look when he's getting the __it beat out of him. In contrast Miami's o-line protected Feeley and he had time to find his receivers. He played an efficient game and made the clutch TD pass (twice) to win the game.

Brady now knows how Feely felt the entire season. Put Brady behinf Miami's o-line last season and see how good he looks with his average arm and lack of mobility. I don't mean to knock Brady because he is an accurate passer and normally makes intelligent decisions. I just think he is a bit over rated and is a product of the system. I am very curious to see how he performs this year without Charlie Weiss.
The fins would've been better if Brady was your qb. He's made better decision's when his Ol blew up. Feely hasn't shown that,yet. Don't think you should put Feely and Brady in the same sentence. As much as I hate Marsha, he's one hell of a qb.

my goodness. when will people start to realize thats its way too premature to designate feely as a disappointment?

Justasportsfan said:
The fins would've been better if Brady was your qb. He's made better decision's when his Ol blew up. Feely hasn't shown that. Don't think you should put Feely and Brady in the same sentence. As much as I hate Marsha, he's one hell of a qb.
Brady threw 4 INTs when he was harassed all night. Saying he would have played better behind this line last year is a huge assumption.

MelbournePhin said:
It WAS a team win

Its an AJ thing when we lose because of his TD passes TO THE DEFENSE, which happened LITERALLY in almost every game he played last season. But I've said it before, he gets ONE second chance to prove himself for me this season, mainly because last season was so laughaly bad in all aspects, but if he fails, I will write him off once again without second though.

MelbournePhin said:
my goodness. when will people start to realize thats its way too premature to designate feely as a disappointment?

its also too premature to call feely a good QB.

inFINSible said:
Brady threw 4 INTs when he was harassed all night. Saying he would have played better behind this line last year is a huge assumption.
Kelly and Marino has had those games. Yes, it's an assumption based on the fact that he's a 2 time sb MVP and 3 sb rings. Even when he had an OL and a running game w/ the Eagles, AJ was average and still threw a lot of picks.

Even when there was no pressure, Feely threw picks returned for td's. Brady is a waaaay better decision maker than AJ under pressure. (dang, I put them in the same sentence).

Back
Top Bottom