Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

inFINSible said:
Feeley has YET to show that??!!?
Tell me how he did in that first quarter against buffalo, when the your defense wasn't blitzing his a$$ off.

wasn't it three TD passes....where was your D ranked last year?

I beg to differ, he has shown he CAN do it....he just needs to show he can do it CONSISTENTLY.
he was hardly blizted by our D in the 1st half.

okay maybe I should rephrase that. Brady is a proven qb, while AJ isn't even under the same circumstances.

tartan y fronts said:
that pretty much sums it up very well. he did good, not great, but good....
......enough to beat the Super Bowl champions.

Justasportsfan said:
he was hardly blizted by our D in the 1st half.

okay maybe I should rephrase that. Brady is a proven qb, while AJ isn't even under the same circumstances.
he was hardly blitzed in the FIRST quarter....there were comments by buffalo players after the game that said that they switched up after the first quarter.

Aj played well enough in his second season , coming from the third string position, meaning his work with the first team was few and far between, that he helped Philladelphia wrap up home field advantage throughout the play-offs.

You can't say that if he had been the starter from that point on with that team, that he wouldn't be much better than he was then.

Stop pretending that Feeley had any chance whatsoever to succeed last year. the whole situation was as pathetic as any that's ever been. He was doomed to failure from the moment he stepped off the plane.

tartan y fronts said:
please. have a word. it was nowhere near a win based mainly upon his performance, as the thread title suggests.
but it was good enough to win, that's the bottom line.

Justasportsfan said:
The fins would've been better if Brady was your qb. He's made better decision's when his Ol blew up. Feely hasn't shown that,yet. Don't think you should put Feely and Brady in the same sentence. As much as I hate Marsha, he's one hell of a qb.

I was making an analogy, but you are not bright enough to understand it. Let me repeat a well known fact because defensive coaches teach it. Hit the QB hard and often and he will make mistakes.
I don't care if you are Manning, Favre or even Montana. If you get hit repeatedly it will affect your game. Brady hasn't shown that he is an elite QB, just an efficient one. After their 1st SB win against the Rams, the following season Bellichick installed a more wide open passing attack and Brady could not handle it and had a sub-par year.
Like I said previously I am curious to see how he does without Charlie Weiss.

inFINSible said:
but it was good enough to win, that's the bottom line.

it may be the bottom line but it wasn't the question. he did good that night, no arguments on that. the part he played was enough to help the team beat the pats.

did or did not feeley beat the pats?

he did not, unless you add the proviso "with a servicable performance that required a great effort by the team and the right amount of luck in the right places".

jlfin said:
I was making an analogy, but you are not bright enough to understand it. Let me repeat a well known fact because defensive coaches teach it. Hit the QB hard and often and he will make mistakes.
I don't care if you are Manning, Favre or even Montana. If you get hit repeatedly it will affect your game. Brady hasn't shown that he is an elite QB, just an efficient one. After their 1st SB win against the Rams, the following season Bellichick installed a more wide open passing attack and Brady could not handle it and had a sub-par year.
Like I said previously I am curious to see how he does without Charlie Weiss.
Not elite? He's being compared to Montana. I know that's a reach but if even the thought of it doesn't make you an elite, I don't know what will.

Who's the best qb in the AFCE? It isn't Chad.He may not have the physical tools, but no one can argue, he's efficient just like Montana was in his time. (Disclaimer- He's no Montana , just stating similarity)

tartan y fronts said:
it may be the bottom line but it wasn't the question. he did good that night, no arguments on that. the part he played was enough to help the team beat the pats.

did or did not feeley beat the pats?

he did not, unless you add the proviso "with a servicable performance that required a great effort by the team and the right amount of luck in the right places".

A servicable performance against an excellent defense in which he took advantage of the opportunity to make a play when the team needed it most, and he made that play.

He//, that's all I want him to do. Don't make mistakes and capitalize when the other team does, especially in crunch time.

inFINSible said:
A servicable performance against an excellent defense in which he took advantage of the opportunity to make a play when the team needed it most, and he made that play.

He//, that's all I want him to do. Don't make mistakes and capitalize when the other team does, especially in crunch time.

you know we're never gonna agree on this, right? :D

point is tho, i want more than fiedler mark II, or even fiedler + 20%.

*runs*

inFINSible said:

more specifically, i want a qb who's gonna grab the game by the balls and make it his *****....

SCall13 said:
YOu're twisting everything around. (OF COURSE) And to suggest that AJ, even for one play was better than Marino destroys your credibility with me. :shakeno:
I see that the twisting around coment is yours to make, but I am only using and stating your reasoning for your analogy. It works one way only and not the way you want to make it sound like. If you are confused its because of your poor choice of words to make the statement. :wink:

Sorry to burst your bubble in telling me that I am one of those that think that AJ is a saviour. I DON'T believe so either...

But I stated that your basic reasoning about that game wining TD, was nothing spectacular, was your opinion and NOT mine.

[FROM ESPN.COM]Much-maligned A.J. Feeley threw for the game-winning score, a 21-yard pass to Derrius Thompson on fourth-and-10 with 1:23 left.

AND YES, that last second throw to Thomspon was better than the throw from Marino to Ingram. AJ had more pressure on him than Marino did. That does not say anything negative about the QB who I believe has been the best at his game.

After all how many come from behind games against powerfull opponents had AJ had, compare to Dan "the man?" None of course, so we in Dolphin nation see that a sweet victory, when all hope was gone.

No hard feeling though, after all we all want the same thing as Fin's fans :)

tartan y fronts said:
more specifically, i want a qb who's gonna grab the game by the balls and make it his *****....
I know we'll never agree but, rest assured. we both want the same thing....
I see some ability in Feeley to do that. The kid can zing it, and he can put it in those impossible spots that have people shaking their heads. he's DONE that he HAS that ability but, that's going to get him in trouble until he learns how to manage a game....If he learns how to do that, he'll be able to take over a game when the time comes. I truly believe that.

His passing abilty is light years from what Fielder's was.

Back
Top Bottom