Did The Dolphins Really Need To Add A Quarterback? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did The Dolphins Really Need To Add A Quarterback?

No they didnt. This is Tannehill last try. Was best to worry about that next year
I kinda agree not that I don't like RT but if he stays healthy and doesn't win 10 games or just gets hurt then this will be his last full year as a phin. Gase may get one extra year possibly 2 to show his mettle.

I kinda agree not that I don't like RT but if he stays healthy and doesn't win 10 games or just gets hurt then this will be his last full year as a phin. Gase may get one extra year possibly 2 to show his mettle.

I wouldn't make it so blank and white... if Tannehill is doing his job but the team fails due to other reasons I still wouldn't pull the plug. If the team is losing due to poor line play or poor defense than plugging a rookie qb into the situation in 2019 won't solve anything. We know what happens to rookie qbs with poor protection. On the other hand if I'm Tannehill or his camp and the rest of the team is playing poorly but he's not I would seek to get traded to a team that has other pieces in place and is in need of a qb. I guess I'm saying if I'm Tannehill's camp I'm saying the Dolphins have one more year to make strides or we want out. I think it's more likely to playout that way than the team saying Tannehill has one more year to improve or he's out.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crap we have at the QB position on this team aren't getting us to the playoffs.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crap we have at the QB position on this team aren't getting us to the playoffs.

Notwithstanding the evidence provided by the 2016 season.

I wouldn't make it so blank and white... if Tannehill is doing his job but the team fails due to other reasons I still wouldn't pull the plug. If the team is losing due to poor line play or poor defense than plugging a rookie qb into the situation in 2019 won't solve anything. We know what happens to rookie qbs with poor protection. On the other hand if I'm Tannehill or his camp and the rest of the team is playing poorly but he's not I would seek to get traded to a team that has other pieces in place and is in need of a qb. I guess I'm saying if I'm Tannehill's camp I'm saying the Dolphins have one more year to make strides or we want out. I think it's more likely to playout that way than the team saying Tannehill has one more year to improve or he's out.
I doubt he will get the benefit of doubt even though your post has a lot of logic to it.

Nope. If an opportunity to draft a franchise changing QB presented itself, then I was good with it. Only liked Mayfield, Rosen, and to a much lesser extent -- Lauletta. I'd have spent #11 on either of the first two, but I wouldn't have drafted Lauleta before the 4th with how the board fell for us in rounds 1-3.

Do not want a backup QB with no experience unless he's in the plans to be a future franchise QB.

People keep saying how weak the QB class is in 2019, but there are a lot of guys who can change that by how they perform next season in: Lock, Stidham, Grier, Patterson, Herbert, Thorson, Fitzgerald, etc. Deep list of guys who can elevate themselves into first rounders. If Tannehill isn't a huge success in 2018, then we will likely grab one of these guys.

It does look like a QB class with a lot of questions.

The bigger issue is next year is STACKED wit DLinemen - so to pass on a Bosa, Oliver, Lawrence, Gary, Wilkins, Ferrell, Davis, etc might be very difficult to swallow, especially with the struggles we have had on the Dline and now with Suh gone and Wake aging. I didn't even mention Jeffrey Simmons because in my eyes, he shouldn't have been at Miss State after what he did.

Back
Top Bottom